Sunday, February 04, 2007

Blog News!

In case you might not have noticed, I've updated the blog's sidebar. Blogger threw me into a rather forced update to their new version. I had been holding off due to bugs and the fact that I didn't want to lose (or muck up) content here. Despite my fears, the upgrade went fine and nothing seems to have gone missing. Phew!

One fantastic thing I can do now is apply labels (categories) to blog entries. I went through the history of this blog attaching labels to posts. And, then I added them to the sidebar. So, now if you follow a certain show I write about, you can easily pull up the posts about it in chronological order with the most recent entries listed first. Want a trip down Memory Lane about The Amazing Race 9? It's right there for your reading pleasure. You can relive Big Brother 7: All Stars or check out the latest on Survivor 14: Fiji merely by clicking on the links for them in the sidebar.

Both "TV Newsy Bits" and "Various and Sundry" categories include miscellaneous information regarding a lot of different shows. You can still search the blog for any term via either the search box atop the blog or the one you see in the sidebar. There are some posts with multiple categories. This is really going to simplify things a lot if you don't want to wade through American Idol to get at Survivor. You can also click on the label at the bottom of a post to bring up all of the entries in that category. Cool, eh?

Let me know what you think!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackie,
Looks great....a lot of hard work!
I believe it will make it easier in the long run.

LOST and Survivor are almost here!!! Can not wait!! :-)

sometimes word verification here and others not

Anonymous said...

As always,Jackie,you are right there on top of everything. This looks great and I know it's a lot of time invested in it.We really do appreciate all that you do to make this........THE BEST DARN TV BLOG ANYWHERE!!!!!!

Tick,tock,tick tock.........my clock is running for Wed and Thursday........can hardly wait!!

Anonymous said...

"GRISSOMS BACK"

Anonymous said...

Hey Jackie!

That took some time!!! Thanks for keeping us all organized, and you know that we LOVE what you do!!

Countdown to SURVIVOR. . .

dla

Anonymous said...

JACKIE... this is really something... and I know it took a lot of hard work.

Now I have to say, I took the real age test and learned I'm 3 and 1/2 years older than my real age. Is this your fault or mine? I mean, I wouldn't have known this if you hadn't put the site here. Smile!

Seriously, good to be able to go to the sites without phishin' for them. Thanks.