Saturday, February 03, 2007

Millionaires in the Making? Instant Celebrities

American Idol I recently read an article in which infamous American Idol reject William Hung admitted to a current status as "millionaire." Of course, his claim to fame was the horrendous version of "She-Bang" which aired everywhere. He's since released at least one CD and has a fan base.

So, who's next on the American Idol "I'm so bad but you can't stop watching" brigade?

It seems to be Jonathan Jayne and Kenneth Swale, the latter introduced on the show as Kenneth Briggs. Kenneth, if you recall, was likened to to a bush baby by Simon Cowell. No, not a progeny of George W. Bush. I'm talking a bush baby. Actually, I think they're kind of cute, but perhaps not as cute when translated to human.

Jonathan Jayne and Kenneth Briggs
Jayne and Swale-Briggs have made the circuit of talk shows and have become C-list celebrities in their own right. The show presented the image of a true friendship being formed. Sure enough, they've become a duo as they hit the road to infamy. Will they became the next big thing? Will the fame last for them?

Well, if videos on YouTube and articles like this one are any indication, this isn't the last we've heard of Jonathan and Kenneth. I, for one, don't think this is such a great thing when you consider America's taste. But it sure could be a great thing for the bank accounts of Jayne and Swale.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess some have more money then sense!!! I would never spend hard earned money on someone like William Hung or other garbage singers!!!! I detest karayoke (?)...it is only a poor excuse for lousy singers. I do not even find it funny!!!! I only watch the start of AI to see the reactions of the judges.... Bring on HOLLYWOOD..so ready for it