Wednesday, February 07, 2007

TV Newsy Bits - Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Jackie's TV Newsy Bits American Idol news is topping the TV Newsy Bits today. I had on the local FOX 5 News (NYC area) and caught mention that two of last night's through-to-Hollywood contestants have arrest records and one was booted before the Hollywood round even took place.

Both were contestants I mentioned in last night's article about the San Antonio auditions. It seems that the first-ever second chance audition candidate Ashlyn Carr was arrested for putting sugar in the tank of either her ex-boyfriend or his new girlfriend's car (I can't recall which, but the act is right). She seems to be remaining in the running.

The more disturbing news concerns Akron Watson, the cousin who sang well. The local FOX News show said he's off the show due to a marijuana bust. I'm personally surprised that something like that would get him booted, but I'm only reporting what I heard. Rats. I liked him. I found this article out there as I searched to verify the story. Uninvited two days before he was to go on to Hollywood, why bother showing his segment on last night's show at all?

On their Idol Chatter section of the MyFox website, I saw an article about Queens Idol Wannabe Porcelana Portino's father being hit by a hit-and-run driver. I recall hearing about the accident on the news the other day, but didn't know the AI connection.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ganja too funny....maybe they should ask the judges if they ever partook and kick them out too. I liked him too, Jackie, seems trivial, unless he was selling or near a school.

Sydney said...

When exactly do they get on to the part I watch on AI -- going to Hollywood? Is it this week or starting next week J? I haven't kept track at all -- is it on Tues and Wed nites? Do not think me a lazy bum for asking here... I appreciate it!