Friday, March 02, 2007

TV Newsy Bits - Friday, March 2, 2007

Jackie's TV Newsy Bits Big bits, little bits, it's time for those TV Newsy Bits!

Every time I channel surf by CNN it's coverage of the Anna Nicole Smith funeral. Why? I'm scared that it may be the 24/7 news for the entire weekend. Gee, I guess nothing really newsworthy must be happening, eh?

But, this is TV Newsy Bits. I don't claim to be a news source for world news or politics. Here are the bits I found out and about on the Interet today:

  • Anna Nicole Smith was finally buried in the Bahamas. I wasn't invited.
  • Liliana Gomez, the latest Survivor 14: Fiji cast-off, was interviewed by both Buddy TV and Reality News Online. I still think I would have preferred a Lisi leave scenario.
  • Celebrity Spider has the links to the preview clips for this week's 24 epsiode.
  • Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader has been extended on Thursday evenings into April. Since I decided I am indeed smarter than a 5th grader, I probably won't be watching.
  • A preview clip of this week's The Black Donnellys is now available on the official NBC website.
  • So easy a caveman can do it? Those wacky Geico cavemen are getting their own ABC sitcom. Variety has the skinny on the project in progress. And, if you haven't toured the caveman's apartment that I mentioned some time back, maybe it's time to take a look-see at the crib.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh,I am sure we have not heard the end of Anna Nicole,not by a long shot.Next we have to hear what she died from and then this baby paternity is going to go on forever.I cannot believe that Larry Birkhead would agree to let that sleaze of a lawyer help raise that baby. He has as much as admitted that he's NOT her father,but wants to have his grubby paws on her money??? Nothing like being a "kept" man,eh,Howard? How about manning up and getting a real job!I have concluded that A.N. MUST have owned ET,cause that's ALL they have been running since she died!!

Now,stop me if I am wrong,but don't those people on "Who's smarter" do exactly the wrong thing??? If it was me,I would take the 5th grade questions while I had the help of those kids and rely on the fact that I could answer the lower grade ?'s myself. Now doesn't that make more sense??

And I also wondered why CBS is not interviewing the "losers" after their eliminations. I am a channel "jumper" and thought I might be missing it,but they were always on right around 8AM and haven't seen any of them.That's too bad,I enjoyed seeing them,but then,it might cut into the important coverage of the life and death of A.N.!!

Anonymous said...

Oh,going out of town for about a week,so may be out of touch,,,,lucky I have Jackie to keep me "in the loop"! See you all soon!

Anonymous said...

Ooooo, I loved that BlackDonnelley's clip. I can't wait for Monday night. Heroes and then that! Excellent.

tbc

Sydney said...

wow -- Now that's something I didn't think I 'd hear -- the cavemen are getting a sit com -- but totally will work if they are given the right material. I am so glad to see the egotistic Gekko. The Geico commercials have been too funny and I'd love to see what they come up with. Better cast the guys who have done the commercials though, as the main one is who makes it work. Knowing hollywood, they will probably try to get someone -- a "anme -- to do it. Like who? Jason Preistly?
Safe travels Sharon

Sydney said...

Hi Sharon -- good on all points... Anna stories have been meted out daily and previews and postviews of each day's 2 minute "new" exclusives have been made to stretch out the entire ET half hour... rendering it unwatchable for months now.

There IS other news going on, as E! keeps quite busy with other stuff amid Anna news. I think she and Howard sold the baby delivery footage and then subsequently the first interview with Howard just after Anna died on a private jet (obviously the networks) as it was the onyl way to get $$, but ET was quoted as saying they never paid them anything.

All I know is that someone is exercising really poor judgement at the network and it's cost the longest running broadcast celeb news show it's reputation.

And yes, 8 am is usually when they show Survivor castoffs, and in fact, they would advertise to watch the castoff the next day on Thursday nights... not seeing either right now. I wonder if it's a ratings thing, now that the Today show is supposed to go for the third hour and compete with The View and Rachel Ray? That leaves CBS only 1 hour on air to program and GMA 2?

Anonymous said...

I think Howard K.Stern contributed to Anna Nicole's death, by being the only person who would consistantly provide her with the drug(s) of her choice; he knew it's the only way he could stay close to her and the money machine. He is not that baby's father. Why else would they run to the Bahamas and refuse DNA testing? (Even before she died.)
Enough of this; I know you're all sick of the saga...

~Susan from MA