Friday, March 09, 2007

TV Newsy Bits - Friday, March 9, 2007

Jackie's TV Newsy BitsIt's Friday, a rather boring television evening for me. So, it was out to a rather late dinner and a return home to peek about the Internet to see what TV Newsy Bits can be found.

Of course, living in NJ, all of the newspapers have abundant Antonella Barba American Idol boot news. I skimmed a few articles and thought they didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. At this point, I'd just as soon forget about her. Now, if I could only forget Sanjaya Malakar.

In other TV Newsy Bits:
  • I've been seeing television commercials seeking applicants for Big Brother 8. No, I'm not applying. The application link is available on the CBS website in case you want to apply!
  • Rita Verreos, the latest castoff from Survivor 14: Fiji, was interviewed by Buddy TV.
  • Alex Angarita, still on the Survivor show, is in deep hot water according to this Reality TV Calendar article. An excerpt: "According to the official complaint he is accused of threat and violence against the police officers. The charges include two felony counts of resisting arrest, one felony count of battery with injury on a peace officer and one misdemeanor count of possession of marijuana." And, as you might remember, he's a lawyer. It sounds like he needs one now.
  • Art featured on the show Heroes, painted by character Isaac Mendez on the show, but actually painted by graphic artist Tim Sale, will be auctioned by NBC. The proceeds will be donated to the Epilepsy Foundation.
  • In local news around here, the NJ town of Bloomfield has finally given in... the final episode of The Sopranos will be filmed there. They had been holding out because they didn't care for how the show depicted Italian-Americans. However, they found out that they couldn't deny the filming on content. The final scene of the show will be filmed at an ice cream shop in town.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jackie,

Did ya know that Rita from Survivor was Project Runway's Nick Verrios' sister? I read it somewhere..can't remember where..might've been here. I guess being on a reality TV show must be genetic. I didn't get that gene. Maybe that's a good thing.

Beverly

Sydney said...

Beverly -- That's a surprising little bit of trivia! I want to say I can see the resemblance now...