I mentioned I wanted a black t-shirt with white letters "Writer" like the striking WGA writers and graphic artist Zoetawny got straight to work on getting me one. She included the blog and even the little TV Squad logo! How cool is that? Thanks, Zoetawny!
It's Veterans Day. Although I tend to think there must be other ways instead of wars, I salute those who have served risking their lives for our country.
Tonight is the second episode of The Amazing Race 12 and it looks like it will start on time here in the NYC viewing area. I'll be writing up the full review to be posted at TV Squad later tonight, but will start up an East Coast Update post to report big events on the show, including the eliminated team. I'll have that started around 8 PM ET -- please stop by and share your thoughts on the show!
Random thoughts going through my mind on an early Sunday evening:
- Sometimes strangers on a train should remain strangers on a train for the good of those around them.
- Just because I nod and say hello as I pass you on the sidewalk doesn't mean you can ask me for money or cigarettes.
- Construction workers have cool radio-controlled earth-squashing machinery at their disposal these days. Wow! It looks like such fun! I chose the wrong career.
- Why are newscasters standing so much these days? They never seem to know what to do with their hands. What's up with that?
- Why does my cat think every time I go into the kitchen that I'm going to give him more food or treats?
- The WGA strike continues. I'm glad I tend to focus my writing around reality television for the most part.
- Conan O'Brien's priest stalker has been hospitalized. The police were told there were concerns about his mental stability. Now, I watched a few news clips of him. That is one odd priest -- he just kept smiling. If I were arrested, humiliated, and the object of disdain by the public, I'd crawl under a rock. I wouldn't just keep smiling a rather deranged smile.
- The stagehands on Broadway are still on strike. Fitting the situation, the first show affected was How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Also affected was Duran Duran and any shows staffed by that particular union.
They say there's always magic in the air
But when you're walkin' down that street
And you ain't had enough to eat
The glitter rubs right off and you're nowhere.