Despite the snow, then ice, then rain ... I saw Roofus the cat this morning. He was jumping onto the roof of the abandoned building, his probable access to the roofs. Although the building certainly isn't safe for a human's weight on the upper floors (the entire back top story has crumbled), I'm sure there are plenty of hidey-holes for a small cat to get out of the weather.
On the home front, my remaining cat is still looking for Teaser -- crying if she's in a room alone, jumping at any noise and heading out towards it apparently thinking she's going to greet him. She's also grown very clinging even though she'll never like laps or being carried. It hasn't been easy.
In today's TV Newsy Bits:
- Tonight is the season finale of Heroes. I'll be watching it and writing it up, but don't expect to get it online until 11:30 PM ET or so.
- Tonight is also the big holiday-themed season finale of The Closer. It's a two-hour special event starting at 8 PM ET/PT on TNT. I have watched the screener of the episode and highly recommend it if you're a fan of the show ... even if you're not.
- Also, after The Closer, there's a new episode of Saving Grace, kicking up the start of four new weekly episodes of this show. I have them on screeners, but have only watched the one which is airing tonight so far. So, that would start at 10 PM ET/PT in most areas.
- The WGA turned down the most recent offer to settle the writers strike ... so it goes on. Leno (NBC) has terminated or is terminating employees after he promised them they'd be okay through the holidays. Letterman, in a different situation as his production company owns the show (Worldwide Pants), is paying the staff of both his show and The Late, Late Show with Craig Ferguson through the holidays at least. I always knew David Letterman had to be a good guy.
- A few folks have mentioned the upcoming Big Brother. As it's in open casting now, it's highly unlikely it will be a celebrity version. From what I've previously reported, we shouldn't expect it before March or so.
Look around, the leaves are brown
There's a patch of snow on the ground.
-- "Hazy Shade of Winter" by Simon and Garfunkel