Monday, January 05, 2009

I'm Baaack! And TV Stuff, Too!


I ended up going off for the weekend rather unexpectedly (nothing bad, mind you). I left a certain cat alone as I was only gone two nights. She decided to pout in an amazon.com box. I thought she'd be better off alone stocked with plenty of food and water rather than be boarded. She's decided she wants to live in a box.


I heard a loud metal CLANG on New Year's night. It was late at night. I peeked out my window to check on the cars in our lot. All looked fine and I couldn't see anything amiss. Uh-oh. This is my neighbor's fence facing the street. The boulders they had in place so people don't park halfway up off the curb were all awry. There are various scattered car parts and a section of metal fence about 8 feet long is in a messed-up heap piled against the still standing section. I have a feeling this is another case of damaged parked cars, too. How do people do this? It's a straight-away with city speed limits.


This is the latest photo of the kale. The patches of snow only exist as this is somewhat shaded by a brick wall doohickey.

Onto television stuff!

The Bachelor returns tonight. I'll be putting up a new discussion post for the show early this evening. I hope to see you there!

Another dance show makes its debut tonight -- Superstars of Dance on NBC. It's running the same two hours as The Bachelor, from 8 to 10 PM ET/PT. I might give it a shot tonight as I'm not into The Bachelor and the shows I do watch on CBS are repeats tonight.

Over on CliqueClack TV, you can find my latest review of Cold Case (plus a lot of other neat articles). Then, if you like spoilers (nothing earth-shattering), I have a post up over on TV Squad with some rather gentle (no winners, etc.) spoilers for the upcoming season of The Amazing Race. It's mostly locations, a few links to pictures taken of a few of the teams as they raced, and a reveal of who one of the teams are.

It's nice to have some new shows to watch after the last few weeks, isn't it? Of course, it won't be long until TAR and Survivor (along with American Idol) take up our lives again! Unfortunately, I have to return to work tomorrow. Boo. Hiss.

Today's musical non sequitur:
Black and orange stray cat sittin' on a fence
Ain't got enough dough to pay the rent
I'm flat broke but I don't care
I strut right by w
ith my tail in the air
I wish I could be as carefree and wild,
but I got cat class and I got cat style.

-- "Stray Cat Strut" by The Stray Cats

Meow.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you had fun on your weekend trip. I'm sure your kitty missed you. Maybe she meowed loudly all night in the direction of your new neighbors. Sounds dangerous to walk near your apt at night. Some car may jump the sidewalk and hit you. Scary.

I got myself a new TIVO for christmas so I can now tape 300 something hours of TV on 1 machine. I moved my old one to another TV so now I can tape 4 shows at the same time. They will be networked so you can watch stuff from both machines on the other TV. Mom says I'm never gonna get off the couch. Maybe in the spring the gardens will call me outdoors.

Well Happy New Year.

Margo

Delee said...

Wonderful that you were able to get away for the weekend. Hope you had a great time.

Poor kitty does not look happy at at!

We may have another ice storm tommorrow, can not wait!

Margo, that is too much taping space, I would have to make my chair a porta-potty so I could watch it all!!! I taped all The Shield's final season and have not watched one bit of it. I did make a dvd of the final episode for my son. For sure you will never miss an episode of anything!!!

I will probably IM with my daughter during Bachelor but will check comments Tues. Thanks, Jackie for a place to thoughts on the Bachelor.

Does anyone on the blog have pet insurance? Seems so expensive and if you have a pet that is healthy you may only use it for the yearly checkup and shots. Everything for Starry, today was $88, and if you pay month by month insurance it is $40+ or over $500 a year. UGH

Anonymous said...

Jackie, welcome back. We always leave Calvin at home if we are only going to be gone two or three days. I think he is more comfortable in his own home -- plus, the vet will board him, but they say he is the meanest cat they ever treated! They were the ones who named him The Cat from Hell.

I will probably watch Super Stars of Dance show. I am not one for The Bachelor. It always amazes me that these people fall in love"" with the Bachelor or whatever the woman is called in a few weeks, then weep buckets when they are eliminated. And then the one who finishes second is the next Bachelor selecting.... and by the end of their season they are in love again. I just hope the women around the little boy keep their clothes on and their behavior appropriate.

Delee said... Does anyone on the blog have pet insurance? Seems so expensive and if you have a pet that is healthy you may only use it for the yearly checkup and shots. Everything for Starry, today was $88, and if you pay month by month insurance it is $40+ or over $500 a year. UGH

Delee, several on the Beagle Board have pet insurance. If you have a pet with iffy health, you might get it, otherwise I wouldn't. I wish I had it when my two girls developed health issues or when Calvin was hit by the car. Their care, especially Maggies, was very expensive. We still don't have any on our pets.

Anonymous said...

Thank you TV Gods, normal TV returns tonite!!!

Welcome back Jackie.

Anonymous said...

I just posted this on The Bachelor link: I have been switching back and forth between The Bachelor and Superstar of Dance. Not impressed with either. What used to be on Monday night beside football?

Anonymous said...

I'll post this on the Bachelor post too...

I wanted to let you guys know that the postcard project with my daughter's class was a HUGE success thanks to my wonderful family here at Jackie's. In case you want to see it, here's a picture.

Anonymous said...

Jackie I think my cat went on vacation.

My little girl Patches looks identical to your little angel.

It must be those cats. Mine loves boxes as well and will lay in one for hours..