This coming week will break the pattern of hot, humid and stormy. It will keep the stormy part now and again, but the temperatures will be slightly below normal. I'm more than ready for the temperatures to ease. I was probably ready before it ever got hot!
Vincent has fared fine through the hot weather as, in the worst of it, I've left the air conditioner on low for him. However, I'd rather just have the windows open with a gentle breeze wafting in and a lower electric bill. Unfortunately, I have to go out back and forth to work as I am not a spoiled cat.
Let's see ... I seem a bit discombobulated this morning. So, maybe I should just send out random thoughts on the week in my BB live feeds reporting style. Yeah, that's easier than paragraphs! Here we go!
- I hurt a finger at my workplace. It's making typing a bit hard. I think it might be sprained.
- I saw a whole bunch of bats in the skies downtown last night as I returned home from work. Cool.
- The days are getting shorter. Last week it was too rainy, but would have been too light for the bats on my Saturday later return home.
- I did not win the big Powerball lottery drawing. I bought one ticket. Never gamble more than you wish to throw away.
- I have been contacted with an intriguing offer to work for a start-up on the Internet which (hopefully) might become another social networking way of life. I'll know more next week after I talk to them on the phone.
- But, of course, I'll keep my day job. Internet income is so up and down.
- Right now it's way down.
- No one stole the cameras at my apartment building. For some reason, the landlord took them down, every one but the front door.
- I don't use the front door.
- Even the one in the laundry room is gone.
- I don't know what's up with that.
- And now, the front door which had been red, has been painted black.
- Enough of this, onto the photos!
|A weed flower|
Yes, even a weed can be pretty.
|A paler shade of bee|
I messed with the saturation in this photo. I don't know why, but I like it in paler pastels. East Front Street, Plainfield.
|Red sky in the morning|
Sailors take warning. And sure enough, it rained later that day. This is the Plainfield Train Station as I waited for my train about 6:30 AM one day.
**HIT THE 'READ MORE' LINK TO SEE THE REST OF THE PHOTOS**
|Ramadan ended this week|
I have some friends who are happier when Ramadan falls in the winter time. It involves, amongst other things, a month of fasting from dawn to sundown. As it doesn't follow our basic calendar year, it often falls when the days are a lot shorter than they are in August! This is on North Avenue and Gavett Place in Plainfield.
|Bees don't like petunias|
I never see any bees hanging around the petunias. I guess they're just not pollen-laden or something.
A disgusting duo indeed -- a stinkhorn mushroom with a flesh fly sitting on it. The stinkhorn is named such because that dark tip smells like carrion; the flesh fly feeds on decomposing animals. Bridgewater, NJ.
|What is this bird?|
I saw this unusual bird scurrying about on the sidewalk in Bridgewater. In action, it reminded me of the pterodactyls in Jurassic Park chasing people in the kitchen. Of course, it's not as large. I think it might be a bird found closer to the shore than where I saw it in Bridgewater. I'll have to Google about.
Look, babies! I'm still following the spider's progress. The egg case went from a neat globe to what you see here.
Oh no! It's a stinkhorn devil buried in the landscaping!
|But I want to be a BEE|
|Look! I'm a bee!|
|After hours joint?|
I came upon this Saturday morning on Church Street. I guess they made their own Friday night bar. I edited it to leave the bottles and newspaper name (it's an honor box) in color, all else black and white. Plainfield.
The church related to this bus was setting up a cool little fair thing in the parking lot of the U-Haul building at Roosevelt and East Front (Plainfield) as I headed to work yesterday. Bouncy castles and cotton candy. But, dedicated person I am, I went to work.
|Dreaming of little bird|
Doesn't he look so innocent as he sleeps? Rockabye, Vincent, in his own chair. Shh ...
How was your week?