Friday, September 25, 2015

The Amazing Race 27: Season Premiere Blog Party


Are you ready for a whirlwind race around the world with all brand new teams? I am! As the show airs here on the East Coast, I'll post the major happenings. It's not easy for me to get all the names right in the beginning, so please bear with me. Refresh the page to get the latest. As always, the real party is in the comments area. Come join in on the fun!

If you want in on the blog pool for the season (run by the Magnificent Margo), please enter on this post linked here. Please don't ask on this season premiere post because your request might be missed. The team Philiminated tonight (if there is one) will not be included in the blog pool. The cut-off for joining the pool is Monday!

Let's GO, teams!

They're starting off on Venice Beach in California. The first destination is Rio! The team who wins a bike race (after a cab) wins the only ticket to the first flight. The others are all on the second one, a half-hour later. The team who wins this leg also wins an Express Pass. Once again, FitBit monitors have worked their way onto a show.

The bikes turn out to be water bikes. That's an interesting twist on it. Justin and Diana won the first flight ticket. The alpha male team came in last -- they broke their bike. Some of the female teams are getting a bit catty. Hmm.

Justin and Diana go for the Fast Forward which seems like it's hang-gliding.

The other teams go for the helicopter trip which will end in them having to answer a question.

Uh-oh. Due to wind conditions, the Fast Forward can't be done. Justin and Diana have to head back to the helicopters. They're going from hero to zero here. They'll be in last place. Aw, he's in tears. They're the team who has done their own replica of the race down to proposal under the Northern Lights.

Detour -- Beach soccer-volleyball or Sidewalk. Score against pro soccer players in a volleyball game or do a slide-puzzle which matches the mosaic walk.

No Roadblock this week. It's onto the Pit Stop from the beach.

Pit Stop -
1. Josh and Tanner (the alpha males) won. They get the Express Pass and, once they use it, they must give it to another team.
2. Jazmine and Danielle (best friend atheletes)
3. Cindy and Rick -- the doctor and dentist married couple
4. James Earl and his mother. (Eep ... warned you about the names!) DENISE!
5. Logan and Chris (dating)
6. Alex and Adam (the little dudes)
7. Ernest and Jin (the dancer dudes)
8. Kelsey and Joey (the dating news couple)
9. Justin and Diana. He cries again.
10. Tiffany and Krista (Cheerleaders)

Uh-oh. Phil comes to visit the last team just as they finish the puzzle. It's the TMZ gals -- Kelly and Shevonne -- PHILIMINATED!

45 comments:

Anonymouse said...

I like these people even less than the BB hampsters

Jackie S. said...

Now, Mouse. Give them a chance!

Anonymouse said...

Amazing wipeout

Jackie S. said...

Yes, it was.
Where is everybody? Did they forget the premiere is tonight?

JoyzJenn said...

I'm here! I didn't forget.

Jackie S. said...

Jersey represented!

Jackie S. said...

That one team is going to be in trouble.

JoyzJenn said...

I can't believe he's crying already.

Jackie S. said...

They're the ones who created a whole Amazing Race of their own and he brought her under the Northern Lights to propose as part of that. Superfans.

Sharon N said...

Hi everyone!!
Just checking in here... AR doesn't come on for another 30 minutes for me.

~~Silk said...

I'm here, but as usual I can't watch and type at the same time.

Jackie S. said...

Sorry I've been quiet here in comments. It's hard keeping up with blogging the show at the same time. BB spoils me as the comments can kind of run on their own with me checking in during commercials as I update the blog entry.

~~Silk said...

Why did the women get kicked out of the cab?

Anonymous said...

Man, those soccer/volleyball hybrids were amazing.

ChicMc

Jackie S. said...

Ho, Silk and Sharon! Mouse is lurking around somewhere and JoyzJenn is here. Oh my. I hope my cat Vincent didn't find Mouse!

JoyzJenn said...

I get he's a superfan and all...but THEY JUST STARTED!! Give it a minute before you have a breakdown on national tv!

Jackie S. said...

True! And, SHE was the one trying to pep talk HIM!
Hi, ChicMc!

Sharon N said...

Vincent behave! Leave that nice little Mouse alone! :D

David said...

Hello everyone. =)

I am here but the race doesn't start for another 15 here.

I did forget about it though. Was just looking at email and saw a flash of TAR as I was deleting a CBS e-mail. lol.

Sharon N said...

LOL David, same thing with me. Got a decent preview in that email though. :)

David said...

LOL Jackie. I like your descriptions of the teams as they come in at the finish. Can't wait to see what your descriptions are about.

Anonymouse said...

Who would have ever guessed that the cheerleaders and TMZ reporters would have trouble with a puzzle?

JoyzJenn said...

I thought I might have to root for the "hometown" jersey girls, but gawd, they're whiners. I can't even. lol Jersey girls are WAY tougher than that. Suck it up girlies.

~~Silk said...

Those sliding tile puzzles are hard. You have to plan several moves ahead.

Anonymouse said...

Had phone call.

David said...

Don't people know you are watching TAR mouse? Sheesh, the nerve of some people to call in the middle of the show. =)

Anonymouse said...

Me not stupid. LOL

Anonymouse said...

I went to Rio and all I got was skin cancer.

Gosh I hope it's not an elimination

David said...

If it is not an elimination I think that will be the first time they don't eliminate someone on the first show.

SueGee said...

Arrrgggghhhhh I really meant to be here tonight!! I'm putting it on my calendar to give me a reminder!!

See ya'll next week!!

SueGee on the LeftCoast

Jackie S. said...

I think it was a decent start. I'm not crushed the TMZ gals are out!

Jackie S. said...

Oops. SPOILER ALERT FOR DAVID. BELATED.

David said...

As much ribbing as they like to give people on TMZ they may never live it down, going out first. lol

Jackie S. said...

SueGee - You know the real fun begins next week with the pool in action!

~~Silk said...

One year a team got eliminated before they even left the starting line.

Sharon N said...

That would really suck... 1st out.
So much for seeing the world! lol

Thanks for hosting Jackie!

SueGee said...

Yes...pool time until we have to move it inside! I want a drink with an umbrella!

Jackie S. said...

That's what I was thinking, David. I might have to watch it just to see it!

Thanks for coming by ... a small group, but a good group!

David said...

LOL Show Just starting here don't tell me what happened. Dang, too late. =)

Thanks Jackie =)

Hope to see everyone next week, on time this time for me. =)

Sharon N said...

Love it... the cattiest of the batch got got! LOL

Nickelpeed said...

I worked tonight and then totally forgot!!! :-(

Dotty said...

TAR goes so very fast it is hard for me to follow most of the time. Can not seem to keep the teams separated in my mind. UGH Does anyone else have this problem or is just my aging eyes.

Sharon N said...

Dotty,
Same here at first. But after a couple of teams are Philiminated, and you see the names on the TV screen several times, it gets easier. :)

Becky said...

Jackie, I can't believe I thought Saturday instead of Friday. Here I am sitting watching college ball and waiting for it to come on TV. Always a day late and a dollar short. See you next week.

Sharon N said...

Becky, that must be what watching 90+ days of BB does to us!!
I only remembered after receiving a CBS email. lol