There wasn't much "along the way" to my week. I was on a staycation from work and it turned out to literally be a STAYcation. Since Tuesday we've had heat wave type temperatures and humidity. The older I get, the less I do well in that kind of weather. I honestly haven't gone anywhere except for a quick run into neighboring Scotch Plains on Tuesday and around the corner to the local bodega one day. I've stayed inside in air conditioning.
- I found the news this past week extremely depressing and horrifying.
- I read a lot.
- I napped a lot.
- I cooked decent meals.
- I paid attention to a certain cat.
- I napped some more.
- I did some housekeeping.
- I did not take hardly any photographs.
- I didn't get done much of what I wanted to get done.
- Tomorrow I return to work.
|Growing by my apartment fence|
Most of the day lilies have already passed. But the ones along my apartment building fence were late-bloomers.
|In blossom now, around the corner|
|Pretty pink on Berckman Street|
|How I've felt all staycation|
Vincent is caught in a yawn. Every time I look at this photo, I yawn. Maybe I need a cat nap.