Sunday, July 10, 2016

Off Topic: That Was the Week It Was - July 10, 2016

I have very little for you this week in my weekly off television topic reflection of the week gone by in both words and photos I've taken along the way.

There wasn't much "along the way" to my week. I was on a staycation from work and it turned out to literally be a STAYcation. Since Tuesday we've had heat wave type temperatures and humidity. The older I get, the less I do well in that kind of weather. I honestly haven't gone anywhere except for a quick run into neighboring Scotch Plains on Tuesday and around the corner to the local bodega one day. I've stayed inside in air conditioning.

  • I found the news this past week extremely depressing and horrifying. 
  • I read a lot.
  • I napped a lot.
  • I cooked decent meals.
  • I paid attention to a certain cat.
  • I napped some more.
  • I did some housekeeping.
  • I did not take hardly any photographs.
  • I didn't get done much of what I wanted to get done.
  • Tomorrow I return to work.
  • Sigh.

Growing by my apartment fence

Most of the day lilies have already passed. But the ones along my apartment building fence were late-bloomers.

In blossom now, around the corner

Pretty pink on Berckman Street

How I've felt all staycation

Vincent is caught in a yawn. Every time I look at this photo, I yawn. Maybe I need a cat nap.

3 comments:

Palmaltas said...

If it makes you feel better, Jackie, I seldom get anything done that I want done and I'm on a permanent staycation aka retired.

Becky said...

Me too, Palmaltas! Vincent, you certainly live a boring life! Wish I could have someone to take care of me. Jackie, does he ever try to get out?

Jackie S. said...

Nowhere for him to go -- screened windows and my door just leads into a long corridor. He will try to go into the corridor, but until he learns how to use the elevator or open the doors at either end of the building ... it's not outside.