Sunday, January 08, 2017

Off Topic: That Was the Week It Was and I'm Back - January 8, 2017

Yes, I'm alive. My apologies for the two-week hiatus I took from the blog. I've just been running on empty and with little photographic inspiration, as well. I never fare all that well during the holiday seasons for a number of reasons, both personal and work-related. This year, all came colliding together as well as some health issues made worse by my workload on the job.

I still don't have much to report. Thank you all for your concern, though. 

Onto the photos from the week ... at least snow gave me some photo fodder. Clicking on an image will bring up a larger version.

Saturday snow

The snow was already coming down pretty steady as I headed off to work yesterday. Plainfield Train Station.

Salt doing its job

NJ Transit had already salted the walks Thursday evening when I came home from work. On Friday, pre-dawn, as I headed back into work, the walks at the train station itself were clear. Of course, it would be nice if someone, whether NJ Transit or the city of Plainfield, would realize that the North Avenue walk itself along the train station grounds needs attention, too. No wonder people feel they have to walk in the street!

My train home ...

... approaching the Bridgewater Train Station yesterday afternoon. 

**CLICK THE 'READ MORE' LINK TO SEE THE REST OF THE PHOTOS**

A herd of yellow cabs ...

... with nowhere to go. This was Monday morning, the official "federal" observed New Year's Day holiday. Unlike most people (it seems), I had to go to work. I took this shot from the westbound platform at the Plainfield Train Station while awaiting my major holiday scheduled train to work.

I see dead people

Well, at least her feet aren't on the seat. It was a snowy, slushy, salty kind of morning on Friday.

Ack! Ack!

You in the BEIGE skirt! You, of all people, should know better! Conductor! Make her get those nasty salty, snowy, slushy feet off the seats! I swear some people need to be forever barred from sitting alone in four-seaters on the trains.

My train is coming. I see the light.

Huh. The forecast I saw before heading to work said the storm would likely just brush this area. Plainfield Train Station.

Another view of yesterday's ride home

Vincent

I edited this shot to spotlight Vincent, the best cat in the whole world. (Just ask him; he'll tell you.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see your post...been concerned. Take good care of yourself!

monica said...

Welcome back. I'm glad you are OK. I hope you are doing better. This weather really stinks when you have to go out in it.
Take care, Monica

fourpatch said...

I don't post much but I do come around and check things out every Sunday morning. Glad to see you are back!

I really love the picture of the train and the swoosh of snow.

Sue

Becky said...

Jackie, I think you should take a self proclaimed "vacation" between two days (or more) before Christmas and after the for a week after the New Year plus a week after reality shows are over. I would bet none of us who have been in the working world would blame you or object.

Love the train picture too.

Sharon N said...

Welcome back!!
I'm glad the "light" you saw was only the train! lol