Monday, March 27, 2017

The Amazing Race: Lifeguard Wanted! (And Casting ...)


Greetings, Amazing Race fans! While it seems like forever since the last season, this one sneaked up on us. The premiere is this THURSDAY night at 10pm ET. Yes, Thursday, not Friday. I like that although I'm not too keen on the late hour.

Another change is instead of teams with previous relationships racing, it's all total strangers. That should shake things up a bit!

We will have a change here on the blog -- Margo is going to sit out Lifeguard duties on the blog pool this time 'round. We don't usually kick in the pool until after the first team is out since we barely get to know them. And, this year, they won't even know themselves for the first team gone! So, we're talking about throwing together the pool by next Tuesday or so. As I post this, the cast has been announced, but not the teams. We've seen snippets on promos, but that's it.

I'd like to get a volunteer to lifeguard the pool here this season. The position entails:
  • No wages. No health insurance. No 401K.
  • But, you'll certainly have my undying gratitude!
  • And you can help yourself to the eats and drinks!
  • You can blow a whistle if you own one.
  • Randomly matching up blog readers who want in with the teams.
  • Of course, you can throw your own name in there. Randomly, mind you!
  • My name also automatically goes in.
  • Updating the pool as teams get eliminated.
I would definitely prefer that the volunteer is someone who has been a regular commenter on the blog and has taken part in previous blog pools. But, other than that, you don't even have to have your summer body for a bathing suit! I will accept the first person who replies to this post and meets my strict criteria listed above for this lofty but not lucrative position.
😸

7 comments:

Sharon C said...

I would love to do it. I lurk a lot and wouldn't​ mind getting thrown in the deep end.

Judi Sweeney said...

Smiling.... Wooooo Hooooo SHARON!! Thanks Jackie!

Jackie S. said...

Okay, Sharon! It's yours! After the premiere and we see the teams, I'll post a sign-up post. If you're on Facebook, the easiest way to contact me is via there. My personal FB is linked on the side -- friend request me. Or, if not on FB, we can email. Let me know!

chrob61 said...

So glad to be back in the mix for TAR!! Sign me up for the pool!

Anonymous said...

Your ad for a lifeguard sounds a lot like most job benefits nowadays. Except we can drink!🍷πŸ₯‚πŸ»πŸΊπŸΈπŸΉπŸΎ

Dolores in Hollywood

auntlisa3 said...

I thought it was premiering April 21, did they change it?

auntlisa3 said...

Yup, it's on my DVR, look at that. Thanks for the heads-up. Would have been surprised to see it taped!