Thursday, April 06, 2017

The Amazing Race: Blog Party - April 6, 2017


Man, I'm going to have trouble with this later hour for the show! Please bear with me as I'm way tired and I'm still a bit iffy on some of the team names. I will do my best to live blog the show's events as they air here on the East Coast. The real party is in the comments area -- come join in on the fun!

The Lovely Lifeguard Sharon C has made the random match-ups for the blog pool. If you missed the post announcing them, here they are again:

Shamir/Sara - Indiana Jane, Jenna's Mom
London/Logan - Delee, Sharon N
Seth/Olive - ML, Cheryl in NC
Brooke/Scott - Chrob61, Becky
Tara/Joey - SueGee, Willie J, Monty924
Becca/Floyd - Janice, Brian
Liz/Michael - Judi Sweeney, Dolores in Hollywood, Ed in Ohio
Matt/Redmond - MerriLee, Jackie
Jessica/Francesca - Brenda, David, Sharon C
Vanck/Ashton - Nickelpeed, Donna in FL

Are we ready? Yes, we are! 

But CBS isn't. I was watching Chicago Med which had one news brief during it. I turned to CBS and they have news coverage. I don't know how long this will go on.

Okay, five minutes in we're joining the show. It seems we missed some recapping from each team. 

Teams are heading to Brazil. We find out that Shamir is not a patient dude. The teams end up on six different flights. Once there, they take a helicopter ride over the city.

Redmond and Matt dishonored a coin flip with Vanck and Ashton. Oops. Not the way to win friends.  

Detour: Keep the Beat or Work Your Feet - Learn the music and keep up with the band or build work-out station. 

Redmond and Matt seem to work together very well.  Next they're heading to find marked bicycles. They're in the lead, followed by Vanck and Ashton.

Brooke has hurt her arm, but refuses to let it stop her. 

Vanck and Ashton take over the lead when the boys get lost. They will have to wash a marked window. On a high-rise, of course. It's the first Roadblock of the season.

Scott has to do the Roadblock because of Brooke's injury. He has a horrible fear of heights. Will he be able to do it? 

Oh my gosh! Liz and Michael took over the lead in the Roadblock. They're the first team heading to the Pit Stop. Vanck and Ashton are on their tails.

Pit Stop Order:
1. Liz and Michael - won a trip for two to Barbados. 
2, Vanck and Ashton 
3. Matt and Redmond 
4. Seth and Olive

Shamir is fussing and whining, claiming his testicles hurt from the harness. He wants an ambulance ... and gets one. 

Oh geez ... Jessica and Francesca don't see the marked bike going by them a million times. Sara leads them wrong. The girls arrive while Shamir pouts.

5, Becca and Floyd
6. Brooke and Scott
7. Joey and Tara  
8. London and Logan 
9. Shamir and Sara

Shamir is being a jerk.

10. Jessie and Francesca, Philiminated 

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arghhhhh!

Dolores in Hollywood

SueGee said...

Hi to Jackie & Vincent. I'm here waiting..

Hi to Dolores(also on the left coast I see)

SueGee on the LeftCoast

SueGee said...

I guess I'm talking to myself -

Petals said...

HI everyone! I never come to this party, but I was still awake & thought I'd pop-in to say HELLO to everyone!
*scritcha-scritcha* to Vincent, *waves* to Ms Jackie

Becky, regretfully, will be unable to join tonight. She is out soaping car windows, tee-peeing trees and basically howling at the moon. LOL

Is there anyone interesting "racing"?

Jackie S. said...

I'm here, been updating the entry.

SueGee said...

Some cuties, some funny ones and some dorks as usual

SueGee said...

I have the chat on one tab and the blog on the other since I can't watch yet...

SueGee said...

Petals - did you bring any beer??

SueGee said...

I know if I had to go to work tomorrow I would not be staying up so late.....

Jackie S. said...

This new time slot is going to kill this show. I saw ratings were way down for the premiere.

Jackie S. said...

I have to get up at 6am.

SueGee said...

First they put it on Friday and it wouldn't die - so put it on really late!! And it has won Emmy awards for CBS, Almost want it back on Sunday even with football delays

SueGee said...

Or right after Survivor

Jackie S. said...

I'm usually up this late. But perhaps watching a show, not blogging one. I've been up since 5:30am. I think discombobulated at this hour.

SueGee said...

I feel for you Jackie

SueGee said...

I've been watching the first season of ER in order from 94-95 on POP TV and just found out that is all they are going to show!! Was enjoying all the young versions of the "stars" and so many others that I had forgotten about. May have to pay to watch season 2 just because LOL

Jackie S. said...

I don't get POP anymore. That and Spike became odd pay options for my cable.

~~Silk said...

Just to let you know you're not alone. I'm lurking.

SueGee said...

Hi Silk!! And I know there are probably others out there lurking...

SueGee said...

my cable just went out but internet still on

Jackie S. said...

Hey, Silk.

Nickelpeed said...

Hi everyone. Glad to see I didn't miss all of it.

Glad to be home. It was cold and rainy. It was suspended until tomorrow, which gives us working a double header. Will be a late Friday night. UGH!

Glad My pool team is safe.

Poor Shamir, but didn't the other guys do the same task???

SueGee said...

Hey Penny

Nickelpeed said...

Okay, I would be getting pretty angry with Shamir.

Jackie S. said...

Logan even mentioned the pain but wasn't a jerk about it.

SueGee said...

Night everyone!!

Jackie S. said...

Thanks for coming by! I hope more show up next week.

Nickelpeed said...

Thank you for hosting us, Jackie. Really appreciate it. Won't be here for Survivor, but will be here for TAR. Night everyone.

Judi Sweeney said...

I was at Disneyland and just now leaving.... I will be on time next round! Lucky you Cheryl! I was hoping to get Seth and Olive! But Hey, Michael and Liz did good! Thanks Jackie!

David said...

Wow, can't believe I totally fell asleep and missed it. And my team was Philiminated to boot. lol Don't know how I missed even DVR'ing it. Time to go find a bootleg copy online since I don't have CBS all access.

Thanks Jackie. =)

David said...

Shamir should have got a time penalty for breaking that window so my team could still be in the race. lol What a jerk.

Anonymous said...

I.m gonna try to take a nap. I've sleep thru the last 2 & didn't record them. I liked 8PM on fridays. With a 3AM wake up for work, this isn't working. 😕😕😕😕😴😴😴😴😴😴😴

Dolores in Hollywood

Anonymous said...

Sue Gee, I'm right coast. (Florida) Tee Hee

Dolores in Hollywood (Fl)