Thursday, April 20, 2017

The Amazing Race: Double Episode Blog Party - April 20, 2017


We're in for a double episode tonight. And, I'm coming into this tired and a bit under the weather. I will do my best to live blog the show's events as they air here on the East Coast. The real party is in the comments area -- come join in on the fun!

The Lovely Lifeguard Sharon C has made the random match-ups for the blog pool:
 
Shamir/Sara - Indiana Jane, Jenna's Mom
London/Logan - Delee, Sharon N
Brooke/Scott - Chrob61, Becky
Tara/Joey - SueGee, Willie J, Monty924
Becca/Floyd - Janice, Brian
Liz/Michael - Judi Sweeney, Dolores in Hollywood, Ed in Ohio
Matt/Redmond - MerriLee, Jackie
Vanck/Ashton - Nickelpeed, Donna in FL

PHILIMINATED:
Jessica/Francesca - Brenda, David, Sharon C
Seth/Olive - ML, Cheryl in NC

Are we ready? Yes, we are! 

Teams are off to Stonetown, also in Tanzania ... they're going to the childhood home of Freddie Mercury in Zanzibar.

Detour - Lock or Knock. Looking for a key in a hidden compartment in a room of chests or looking for one of three royal doors, then delivering.

Uh-oh -- Vanck and Ashton are arguing. 

Michael and Liz are leading the pack, first to find the clue in the detour.  Vanck and Ashton continue to disintegrate. They're in a marketplace, not near the detour choices. 

Cool. Scott had two keys and gave one to Becca and Floyd. I like Becca and Floyd. But Brooke is ticked at Scott. Shamir is being an idiot again. London and Logan are totally lost in the chests, they switch. Teams are all boarding the ferry except for Sara and Shamir.

Back in Tanzania, they face the Roadblock -- making a ladle from a sheet of aluminum. Brooke is almost in hysterics because she doesn't think she has the strength to do it. Finally Shamir and Sara find the key back in Zanzibar. Becca helps Brooke do the cutting because Scott had given them the key. How sweet. Brooke continues to freak.

Joey and Tara, then Becca/Floyd head to the Pit Stop. 

1. Tara and Joey -- won five grand each
2. Becca and Floyd 
3. Michael and Liz
4. Matt and Redmond
5. Logan and London  
6. Vanck and Ashton 
7. Brooke and Scott

Shamir and Sare are still at the Roadblock as Phil approaches them. They're Philiminated.  

Second episode --
Teams are on the way to Norway. It's the last chance for Becca and Floyd to use the Express Pass. All teams are on the same flight.

They have to eat very salty fish before getting the next clue. Brooke is once again freaking. 

Becca and Floyd go for the Fast Forward. They don't know they'll have to skydive 10,000 feet. 

Roadblock - Who wants to break a world record? Stacking wooden pallets that will be the world's tallest bonfire. 

Teams then must search for fire trolls (protecting the buildings) and then recite a poem to free them or go fishing in a kayak. Then they'll be on their way to the next Pit Stop.

Yikes! Ashton's pack is missing. And, Michael and Liz are falling apart. Uh-oh.

Becca and Floyd are in 7th heaven after the jump. They earned their Fast Forward.

The teams on the kayaks are having all sorts of problems. 

Pit Stop
1. Tara and Joey
2. Matt and Redmond
3. Becca and Floyd
Michael had a car accident. Will it be the end for them? (Or course, I'm thinking this might be a non-Philimination leg.) Great! The other vehicle owner said it was no problem!

4. Vanck and Ashton.

Michael and Liz take an elevator!

5. Logan and London
6. Brooke and Scott
7. Liz and Michael

NON-Philimination!  

53 comments:

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie and all else who follow. Vincent, let me rub your ears. Jackie, thank you so much for letting us come here. Appreciate it.

Jackie S. said...

I'm so beat I wondered why you wanted to rub my ears.

SueGee said...

Hi Jackie, Vincent and Penny! I'm here but I can't help with the blog :o(

Nickelpeed said...

LOL. Jackie, you are so funny. I bet you're tired, though.

SueGee said...

I don't know how you do it right now with your health problems...

David said...

Hello everyone =)

I am here but still finishing up some work before the show starts here.

David said...

Hope you get better Jackie. Can't have you totally worn out before you can retire.

Nickelpeed said...

Yikes. Vanck and Ashton better straighten up. They're my pool pick. LOL

Jackie S. said...

I had to stay up for Fargo last night and it turned out that was an hour and a half! Then I was up before 6, have to be up before 6 tomorrow, too.

Jackie S. said...

I've been surprised by Michael the last few legs. I didn't think he would do as well as he has, especially after the first leg.

Jackie S. said...

Why aren't they shaking the chests? They'd hear the key.

SueGee said...

I saved Fargo for tomorrow night. I know as the season goes on I will have trouble waiting when the new episode come out. Besides, I love FF through commercials!!

David said...

I wouldn't mind if Shamir and Sara were eliminated. I feel sorry for Sara. Looks bad from the pre-view commercial.

Nickelpeed said...

Oh no. Those two just don't work well together. Yikes.

Jackie S. said...

Everybody is on the ferry back to the mainland except for Sara and Shamir. He looks like he'd be so good at this, but he's not. And now she's striking out against him.

Nickelpeed said...

I know it can be hard but Brooke is such a cry baby.

Nickelpeed said...

Is this what the locals do all the time? Wow.

Nickelpeed said...

All she wants is for people to do it for her. UGH!

Nickelpeed said...

I love Becca and Floyd.

Nickelpeed said...

Don't do that for her. She's such a cry baby.

Jackie S. said...

I'd love to see Becca and Floyd win this season -- they're both so positive!

Nickelpeed said...

Shamir is just not that good. I like Sara. She should be with Scott and Brooke with Shamir. It'd be so much better.

Nickelpeed said...

I wonder if it's a non-elimination.

Nickelpeed said...

Well, that answered my question. But, they just do not work well together. I wouldn't mind seeing Brooke and Scott gone next. LOL

Jackie S. said...

I think it should be. They haven't had one yet.

Nickelpeed said...

Jackie, I like Becca and Floyd, too. They have a great outlook on life. I just love it.

David said...

Well, they should have been gone before this, but good riddence to Shamir. lol

Jackie S. said...

Unlike Survivor last night, this was definitely supposed to be two separate episodes.

Nickelpeed said...

I also love Matt and Redmond. They are are definitely manly men. LOL. But I do favor Becca and Floyd.

Jackie S. said...

Penny - And, Becca and Floyd are surprisingly good at the tasks, too!

David said...

They are seperated on my programming guide as two seperate episodes. Had to hit record twice for them both.

Jackie S. said...

David - They showed "next week on ..." just moments before "next week" started!

David said...

lol Jackie. Well, that would make it pretty obvious then. =) I was wondering if they were going to compress this seasons TAR. That is one way to do it. Back to one episode next week though.

Nickelpeed said...

I hear the finale is the same week as Survivors.

Jackie S. said...

I checked -- Both shows (Survivor and TAR) are on at the regular times next week.

Nickelpeed said...

I mean the finales. Survivor's is May 24 and TAR's is the following week.

Nickelpeed said...

Uh oh, these teams are in trouble.

Nickelpeed said...

I love the costumes these people are wearing. Too cool.

Nickelpeed said...

I just lost my signal!!!! NOOOOOoooooooooo.

Nickelpeed said...

What's happening!!!!??? Crap!

Nickelpeed said...

Which one is Michael?

Jackie S. said...

It's in the entry.

Jackie S. said...

Most of the remaining teams are on their way to the Pit Stop.

Jackie S. said...

Michael has the beard.

David said...

Michael is the red bearded guy. I see what you mean about Brooke, she should have been with Shamir. lol

Nickelpeed said...

Yay, my satellite just came back on. Brooke never stops complaining. I feel bad for Scott, but he has his days, too.

Nickelpeed said...

Wow, that is a walk up, isn't it?

David said...

Thanks Jackie. =)

Go get some needed sleep.

Everyone have a great weekend.

Jackie S. said...

Thanks for coming, guys! I must zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz now!

Nickelpeed said...

Glad they're still racing. Who's the worse out of this couple? LOL.

I won't be here next week, I work. But, I'll be here for every Survivor. Made sure I didn't work Wednesdays. LOL.

Thank you so much for hosting us, Jackie. Really, really appreciate it. :::rub:::Vincent's ears.

Jackie, hope you get some rest and start feeling better. Thank you again.

Sharon N said...

My favorites are Becca/Floyd and Liz/Michael.
Both have really good attitudes, so I hope they end up in the final.

Sharon N said...

Obviously, I hadn't seen the final before remarking on the 'good attitude' with Liz/Michael.
They were doing so well before and doing ok. Maybe it's stress?

Still like Liz/Michael, but now Becca and Lloyd are officially my favs.

chrob61 said...

Anyone else think that maybe production pulled a boo boo on the 2nd show last night? What I mean is a team that takes the fast forward should end up in first, unless they did a LOT of dawdling that the cameras didn't show.

The helicopter ride and airplane jump was cool, but was that really a FFWD???