Sunday, June 25, 2017

Off Topic: That Was the Week It Was - June 25, 2017

Good morning! Welcome to my weekly off television topic reflection on the week gone by in both words and photos I took along the way.

This photo post is a weekly feature on the blog year 'round, unlike the Big Brother which is just a season. Well, of course, last year BB was two seasons with BBOTT online, but ...! Big Brother 19 makes its season premiere with a two-hour show this coming Wednesday, June 28 at 8pm ET/PT. All of the posts I've made/will make regarding the show can be found on my BB19 blog label. I will be announcing the opening of the blog pool later today. I've been waiting for a response back from the person who usually does it. If she doesn't respond by afternoon, I guess I can come up with the random match-ups myself. 

Not much has been going on here -- more heat, more rain and work, work, work. This coming week, I only work four days (yay!) and then it's onto staycation. I really need it and timed it so it covers the 4th of July holiday week, plus the full first week of the BB19 live feeds to get me into the swing of the new faces and twist of the show.

I really didn't get great photos this past week. A lot of the days, it was either rainy or windy. Oh, well ... onto the photos I took this week -- clicking on an image will open a larger version in a gallery setting.

The Stalker

A male pigeon puffs himself all up and stalks female pigeons at the Plainfield Train Station. Kinda like human behavior ...

Burst of orange!

Day Lilies

**CLICK THE 'READ MORE' LINK TO SEE THE REST OF THE PHOTOS**

Stalk, stalk, stalk

Coleus in a planter

Lights come on, storm moves in

A storm was moving in as they lit up the TD Ball Park Stadium lights for a baseball game the other day. I really like the green glow as the lights build up to white. A friend of mine attended the game. It at least started. I'm not sure if it ended being washed out by the torrential rain a few hours later or not.

Lilies and Latticework

Growing on Berckman Street in Plainfield.

The Marigold Blossom

I edited the colors on this shot -- I like the way it turned out!

Two Seamstresses on a Train

On my Saturday trip to work, there's usually one Seamstress on the Train. Yesterday, there were two. It must be wedding season! I've occasionally talked to the usual one -- she's a Polish woman coming out of Newark and heading to Somerville. The gowns are gorgeous! 

Even starlings are amazing

Nature is so intricate!

Still stalking the gals

Enough already

Put away that camera and give me some catnip!

No comments: