Sunday, August 13, 2017

Off Topic: That Was the Week It Was - August 13

Good morning! Since it's a Sunday morning, this is my weekly off television topic post taking a look at the week gone by in both words and photographs I've taken along the way. This weekly post is done year in, year out. Big Brother, the main draw for so many of you, only lasts about three months -- although sometimes it seems to be a lifetime. If you're here solely for the BB posts, please feel free to skip this post. You can find my latest BB19 posts by using this link.

Yep, yep ... another week gone and another week closer to my next week off from my workplace. Now, that won't be until mid-September, mind you. But it's on the horizon. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel ... or something like that.

Between work, the blog and the fact that I'm certainly no spring chicken these days, I'm SO EXHAUSTED all the time. Yes, I take vitamins. Yes, I'm still exhausted all the time. On Tuesday night I fell asleep for about ten hours and I was amazed at how good I felt when I awakened. I wish I had the time in my life to get the proper sleep amounts. But it's just not happening for me now. Wah.

It's just been another week of summer -- work, heat, storms. You know, the usual. I really don't have any exciting happenings to tell you about. So, I guess it's onto the photos I took this past week. Clicking on an image will open it up in a larger version.

As seen on Berckman Street

Striking a pose for me

This crow at the Plainfield Train Station is in his glossy glory for the shot.

Yak, yak ... don't talk back!

Between the seagulls and the crows hanging around the Plainfield Train Station, it's LOUD. Throw in all the sparrow and starling noise and you have an Ornithological cacophony.

Y'know ... I can still see you

A small wild rabbit ran and hid under a bush at the Bridgewater Train Station. 

**CLICK THE 'READ MORE' LINK TO SEE THE REST OF THE PHOTOS**

Petunia Power

Rainy day train

Rose of Sharon still going strong

Berckman Street in Plainfield. This one is new this year, apparently seeds from the nearby trees have spread.

Terence in the rain from the train

Long board, headphones and hair done up in a man-bun, but no umbrella. I got soaked that day with an umbrella. Oy, silly boy!

Something is about to bloom

Gull butt

I still don't understand ...

 ... how these cute little yellow wildflowers are growing on what seems like dead twigs. They're not growing on the tall greenery. There growing on the dried out brown twiggy stuff. Bridgewater Train Station.

Flower of an Hour time!

Solitary blossom in the rocks

One lonely flower-of-an-hour has taken residence in the rocks along the sidewalk at the Bridgewater Train Station. Perhaps it's not lonely. Maybe it's just anti-social.

It's MY train car! All MINE!

Hey, you! Up there in the corner! Get out of my train car! Get yourself to the lower level, another car or off the train! It's MINE!

About to take flight

The top crow of the Chotola

This crow took his place atop the Chotola Apartment Building on North Avenue across from the Plainfield Train Station. Other crows approached and quickly backed down.

Still dotting the fence ...

... along the back of my apartment building. I no longer see any of the white morning glories in bloom there. But the pink are more brilliant anyway!

I met a moth

What kind of moth it is, I do not know. I was a bit surprised his (her?) orange-brown eyes had black pupils which followed the camera. So intricate for something so short-lived. Nature is full of miraculous things we often don't notice.

Not AS robust as a month ago

But the marigolds in Bridgewater are hanging in there.

Purry McPurrFace

In this shot, you can see one of the light grey stripes on Vincent's tail. He's resting, one of his favorite things to do. Other favorites include being on me, purring, imbibing catnip, being cute and adorable, stalking mice which might be in the walls and his absolute favorite (other than being on me) ... actually catching a mouse which might be stupid enough to try to enter the apartment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackie, I love the pictures!, this is Becky I have been looking at them, but dropped out of the BB blog after My wonderful husband passed. I just wanted to ask you if you would keep me in mind and pass my name along for the Survivor pool? Please. I want to get involved again. I need to do something fun again. Thanks. LYM, Becky

Dr Purva Pius said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.