Sunday, October 22, 2017

Off Topic: That Was the Week It Was - October 22, 2017

Good morning! Since it's a Sunday morning, it's time for my off television topic reflection of the week gone by in both words and photos I've taken along the way. If you're not interested in either, please feel free to check out my previous and newer posts I will put up after this -- they will be television related! You can find my Survivor posts at this link.

My apologies for not posting last week. I'm still tired and not feeling all that great this week. But at least I took some photos! I'm still working on improving my photo-taking with the new cell phone. Most of the shots here are from my actual camera unless I note cell phone. 

Nothing much is happening here -- the weather has been incredibly nice, temperatures in the 70s most days and chilly evenings. We're now at the point that we need rain, though. I'm sure it will decide to rain as I'm out and about heading to work and have to be caught in it.

Last night seemed to be party night in my apartment building. No, not for me! After I got home from work, I had my own party of one with a cat companion. (Someone may have imbibed too much catnip.) On the first floor in the front of the building, it was incredibly loud as I got home. Today when I went down to the front door of the building to get my Sunday newspaper, I saw busted balloons -- dozens of them -- all over the corridor floor, stairs and in the elevator. I know they were popping some in the front wing of my floor last night, too. I wasn't really sure WHAT the noise was, but I knew it was NOT gunfire. Now I know. The guy upstairs also had a party. Since he's been quite amazingly quiet for months, I tolerated it even though the noise went beyond 11pm. It wasn't as loud as he's cranked it in the past. But he definitely invited some real clodhoppers up there. Thank goodness he has carpeting in that apartment.  

I'm hoping for a quiet peaceful Sunday.

Here are the photos for the week -- clicking on an image will open a larger version.

De train! De train!

Oh, wait. That was Tattoo yelling, "De plane! De plane!" on Fantasy Island. I'm certainly aging myself with the memory of that television show, eh? The sun was almost set to the left just out of this photo shot as my train home from work arrived at the Bridgewater Train Station one day this week. A more colorful sunset would have been nice, but ...!

If the NJ Transit bus breaks down ...

... he has wheels of his own. I've noticed more skateboarders on the trains and buses since the Skate Park opened in Plainfield. I keep telling myself I need to get over to the park with my camera. Unfortunately, I haven't really felt well enough to be out and about more than I have to be lately. I took this photo with my cell phone, making it accidentally a video. So I edited a still from said video.

White and Yellow Lamps

Well, I will say that keeping the eastbound side of the train station so brightly lighted at night seems to have cut down some of the ne'er'do-wells who spend the evenings/nights there. As it was just after sunset when I took this shot, you can't really see the white brightness. NJ Transit Police and the Plainfield Police still need to move along the non-passengers during the daytime hours. Now they tend to hang out right on the platforms taking up benches for people who want to take the trains. Plainfield Train Station.

Let me pose for you

A posing squirrel on a fence post on the west side of my apartment building. My windows look out on the east side and only have a chain-link fence.

**CLICK THE 'READ MORE' LINK TO SEE THE REST OF THE PHOTOS**

Struggling, but still there!

A few of the stubborn flower of an hour blossoms still bloom by the Bridgewater Train Station. We did have at least one night of frost. But our overall warm October has played a part in this.

Ball Park Stadium lights

I was actually trying to shoot a photo of a hawk who flew up there. I didn't get him, but I kind of like how this shot turned out anyway. TD Bank Ball Park near the Bridgewater Train Station.

What?!?!?

This squirrel looks annoyed as I shot him. Shot with my camera, of course. 

Energetic little guys!

Squirrels in their glory, chasing each other around and enjoying the fall harvest of acorns and other goodies.

I can't take you anywhere, can I?

Must you bite your own butt when the paparazzi is out there? Sheesh! On the roof of the Chotola Apartments on North Avenue in Plainfield.

Here comes the train!

This shot is related to the one in the beginning of the post. While I like the close up, this one too has its merits. At least I think so.

Morning glory blossoms

The pink ones are still greeting each morning on the fence in back of my apartment building. The white ones are long, long gone.

Guardian of the chimney

North Avenue in Plainfield.

Arriving home just after sunset

Soon it will be totally dark at that hour. Plainfield Train Station.

Almost like an incubator

Oh my. The poor baby! The temperatures were in the upper 60s when I took this shot on North Avenue in Plainfield. Sure, I'm not a mother. But ... geez ... let the kid breathe! I edited the shot to make most of it black and white.

Like trains that pass in the night

Millennial man-bunned Terence with his long board waits for the westbound train as I wait for the eastbound one. 

Hmm ...

I find the cell phone photos way too long and narrow for my liking. I cropped this one some on both the top and bottom, yet the dimensions are still off in my mind. It's some kind of ragweed or such growing by the Bridgewater Train Station.

Morning glory via cell phone camera

I lopped off both sides of this one to focus just on the blossom. I definitely like the camera better than the one on my old phone, but the photos are either very wide or very long dependent on whether I hold it horizontal or vertical. I am finding the photos much easier to upload to my computer rather than the fact I could only upload from the old camera to the Verizon website.

Vincent in a box

I can buy expensive cat beds and such and he'd still prefer a box. He's just a silly!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you've had a relaxing day!

Ms. Elle said...

Great shots! Very inspiring.