Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Survivor 35: Heroes-Healers-Hustlers - October 18 Blog Party



As the show airs here on the East Coast, I'll be updating this entry with the latest happenings. Refresh the page to get the latest! The party itself is in the comments -- join in on the discussion!

Tonight we will see a shake-up with the tribes. I suppose I'm evil because I'd rather the possible showmance to be split. Heh.  My own pool person got the boot last week, so I'm a free agent. I'm entertained by fellow Jersey boy Ryan. Hmm ...

Lifeguard Laurie has updated the blog pool and here ya go:

Levu Tribe (Heroes)
JP H. - Cheryl in NC, Kristen from Ohio, Shannon 
Alan B. - Ed in Ohio, monty 924, Terry is a Texan 
Ashley N. - Donna NY, MikesGirl, tbc. 
Ben D. - Donna in FL, Merrilee, Tammy. 
Chrissy H. - Donna in Alabama, meb, SueGee, KelseyNY 

Soko Tribe (Healers) 
Cole M. - Dolores in Hollywood FL, Marthalight, Stormy 
Desiree W. - Delee, Mario Lee, Skyriverblue, Buzzmaam 
Jessica J. - ChicMc, Silk, Sharon N. 
Joe M. - Cheryl ICNY, Krysa Gibson, Sharon C. 
Mike Z. - Becky, Janice, Rbennie, PDX Granny 
Roark L. - Auntie Leigh, Indiana Jane, Pam 

Yawa Tribe (Hustlers) 
Ali E. - Dr_Celine, Monnie8, Tennistoe 
Devon P. - David, Margo, Laurie, Fred aka TwoBlackAces 
Lauren R. - Brian, Jennasmom, Rochelle, Judi Sweeney
Ryan U. - Anonymouse, Glenn Allen, Nickelpeed 

Flame Extinguished 
Katrina R. - Pool People moved to a different teams.
Simone N. - 4nancie, Nana in the NW, weenabe
Patrick B. - Beachbound Gmom, Jackie, Petals, Sara Welty

Survivor fans ready?  

Fifteen are left, who will be voted out tonight?

It's right to "drop your buffs" time. Jeff passes out new buffs. It's a brand new game.

Ashley, Alan, Desi, Joe and Devon -- Levu
Ryan, Ali, Chrissy, JP and Roark -- Soko
Jessica, Mike, Cole, Lauren, Ben -- Yawa

Reward challenge has them playing for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and potato chips. No second place. They have to untangle a rope using teamwork, hook a sled, pull sled, solve puzzle.

The yellow tribe (Jessica, Mike and all) -- I'll eventually get the tribe names -- wins the challenge, followed by orange -- Ryan and company. The blue tribe was sunk from the beginning and Alan only made things worse by not being able to hook the sled and not letting anyone else try. 

Whoa! Jessica got a secret advantage in her bag of chips. She can block one person from voting at the next tribal council. Like Ryan, if her tribe wins immunity, she has to send it to someone who is going. So she tells Mike and Cole. Cole tells Ben. Why don't they just write it in sand? Then he tells Lauren. 

Chrissy, of course, was the recipient of Ryan's advantage. They're both from New Jersey and now they're both on the same tribe. He tells her it was him giving her the super idol.  A bond is forming.

Ashley isn't too thrilled that Alan is still on her tribe. They attempt amends. Joe isn't as confident because he's used to winning. At least he has an idol. He tells Devon the two heroes want him out.

Lauren told Mike about the advantage. Since it was only Mike, Jessica and Cole who initially knew, it's obvious Cole told the others. He apologizes to Jessica, but she's not happy.

Time for the Immunity Challenge! Race out to crate of puzzle pieces, bring it through obstacles, solve puzzle. The first two tribes are safe.  

Yawa wins first, then Soko. Levu will go to Tribal.

Devon confronts Ashley telling her that Joe said she was going to vote him out. She denies it and thinks they need to target Joe. Joe thinks he's going to have to use his idol, but they might vote Desi out. Joe tells them all he's voting Ashley and they need to keep a strong tribe. I don't know -- I keep seeing Alan perform poorly in challenges and Joe irks them all. Then Desi's name gets thrown in there. Joe tells her he has the idol. She wants him to use it on her.

Aha! Devon got the secret advantage from Jessica! 

Time for Tribal Council. Jeff needs to ask his Probsting questions of them all. 

No wonder they don't work together as a team. They certainly aren't one. 

Devon opens his advantage -- it's being used against you by another player to block him (Devon) from voting. GAH! That's no advantage! He can't vote!

Joe plays his idol. For himself.

The tally:
 Joe, Joe, Alan, Alan ...

Alan is voted out. A wise choice methinks.

113 comments:

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and everyone that follows!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie and Vincent. Thank you so much for hosting us!! Let the fun begin!!

Hi Glenn and all who follow. How you feeling Glenn?

Nickelpeed said...

Right to it. Let's change buffs!!

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Penny! Hopefully Ryan gets a good tribe and stays in the game1

Nickelpeed said...

I hope both hot heads get on the same team. Ought to be interesting.

Nickelpeed said...

Oh no, Ryan is the odd man out. Noooooo.

Kristen from Ohio said...

Hello everyone!

Petals said...

~*~*~*~* SPLASH ~*~*~*~

Hello everyone !! Hi Jackie & Vincent!

I have a bunch of Halloween candy (the good stuff) because of delivery incident with Wal*Mart, LOL. Anyway - dig in!

Weird to tribe-swap so early?

Petals said...

Hey Kristen, Penny, Glenn!

Glenn Allen said...

I am doing good penny Thanks!

Judi Sweeney said...

Hey Everyone! Finally home in time to join in! I brought nachos!

Nickelpeed said...

This will be interesting with two alpha males in the blue tribe. Alan and Joe are very domineering. I bet they will butt heads a lot.

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Petals and Judi.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Petals and Kristen! It does seem early for the swaps!

Petals said...

Fun, new challenge!

Judi Sweeney said...

Hi Petals, Penny, Glenn, Jackie, and Kristen

Petals said...

mmmm, love PB&J w/chips. Kickin' it old school, bag-lunch style.

Petals said...

hey Judi!

Judi Sweeney said...

This is going to be interesting to see how those alpha males workout!

Nickelpeed said...

Come on Alan, let someone else do it. Dumb.

Ed in Ohio said...

Hi everybody!

Blue team sucked!

Petals said...

WOW!! I like the Cowboy guy and the tall cute guy, so that's good. But I also like Bellboy guy. Still don't know any names. For some reason, I am not interested in this season; I'm here just for you guys hahaa

Nickelpeed said...

I wonder what the Tribal Council Challenge will be tonight? Ought to be interesting to watch Alan and Joe together. LOL

Petals said...

ED!!!! (RTR)

Glenn Allen said...

Ryan on the Soko tribe. It looks like they have enough talent to do well on challenges. Ryan can tell Kristen he gave her the idol and maybe form an alliance with her!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Kristin, didn't see you come in!

Ed in Ohio said...

Hey Petals.....yep Tide just keeps on rollin'

Petals said...

and Roger won the Rolex Masters in Shanghai...so I had a great weekend, *wink*

Kristen from Ohio said...

Hi, Nickelpeed

Petals said...

Cole! I like cute-guy Cole (unless or until he kills something that is cute...)

Judi Sweeney said...

Hey Ed!

Ed in Ohio said...

Hi Judy!

Joe in NY said...

hi

Ed in Ohio said...

Alan is my pool guy but I kinda' like the Cowboy hat guy.

Nickelpeed said...

Why would he do that? That's horrible. I'm disappointed with Cole.

Kristen from Ohio said...

What is he doing

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Ed and Joe.

Petals said...

JOEEEEEEEYYYYYY! hi. xoxox

Anonymouse said...

Crap, Cole is going home

tbc said...

Hi everyone. I come bearing Pinot Grigio and apple crisp!!

I'm lost in the episode however....

Petals said...

I want BellBoy to win. I like him (unless & until he kills something cute, LOL)

Ed in Ohio said...

Hi Penny!

Nickelpeed said...

He's telling every one that Roark found an advantage at a tribal council. But Lauren is going to use this info to her advantage, which means she's going to use against Cole.

Petals said...

Hey TBC! YUM!

They switched buffs so everything is wonky. Had a PB&J reward challenge.

Nickelpeed said...

There goes Joe. Of course he's being deceitful! Hope they don't trust him. Alan has met his match.

Petals said...

I'm not a fan of Roark...

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Ed! This tribe swap is causing upheaval already!

Nickelpeed said...

Petals, I really like Ryan. He's smart. His analogies make me laugh. LOL

Anonymous said...

I can't post in blue tonight....

Nickelpeed said...

I hope Cole doesn't go home, but he should not have said anything. Lauren is very sly.

Ed in Ohio said...

Yea Glenn... they sure don't waste much time 'jockeying' for position

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, Petals...

Ed in Ohio said...

tbc you're 'blue' now

Anonymouse said...

OK Petals, where's my Stella? You holding out?

Anonymous said...

Yay, Ed!! Lol

Petals said...

STELLLAAAAA for Mouse! (*sliding a cool one*)

Nickelpeed said...

OOps, it's Jessica who has the advantage. I said Roark. Cole should not have said anything.

Anonymouse said...

Thanks hun

Anonymous said...

Cole has trouble keeping his mouth closed

Nickelpeed said...

I like the red tribe because my guy is on it. Hope they win. Blue should have the advantage because they have the big guys, but don't want them to win, even though I do like Dev.

Come on Yellow!!!

Nickelpeed said...

Come on yellow. It's going to be hard for them because only one of them is big and strong.

Nickelpeed said...

It all depends on who solves the puzzle first and second.

Petals said...

I love these challenges!

Ed in Ohio said...

Blue team blowin' it again!

Nickelpeed said...

Come on Soko!!!!

Ed in Ohio said...

Blue team lacks "teamwork"

Nickelpeed said...

Wooooohooooooo!

I bet blue gets rid of Ashley. I hope Dev doesn't go home.

Glenn Allen said...

Ryan is safe. Hopefully the football player Alan gets voted out. I wonder who gets their vote taken away!

Petals said...

Glad they are communicating!

Anonymouse said...

Allen needs to go, buyouts gonna be Joe

Nickelpeed said...

I don't know, Joe is a sneaky person. Problem is he has the idol, even though he didn't find it alone. I'd like to see Joe go, but I don't think that will happen. Poor Dev.

Petals said...

I agree Glenn! OUST ALAN

Nickelpeed said...

I would never trust Joe. Alan is a hothead, but can be trusted.

Nickelpeed said...

YES!!!!!!!!!! They gave it to him!!!! Woooooohoooooooo

Ed in Ohio said...

This tribal is hard to predict

Anonymouse said...

Wow

Petals said...

hasn't Alan lost every challenge?

Petals said...

Joe is a cocky sommanabeesh

Anonymous said...

Wow. I think this game is finally getting interesting.

Nickelpeed said...

Petals, not all. I do not like either Alan nor Joe. Of them all, the Hustlers have lost more often.

Petals said...

woohoooooo

Nickelpeed said...

He blew it up. Dang

Ed in Ohio said...

That SUCKED!!

Nickelpeed said...

That's horrible. Not an advantage at all. How did that happen???

Petals said...

thanks Penny...I lose track

Joe in NY said...

LMAO. That was too funny. "That...is not an advantage..."

Anonymouse said...

Wow

Nickelpeed said...

I thought it started out as an advantage? Why did it change?

Petals said...

I am lost...that was confusing. What happened?

Glenn Allen said...

Wow Devin can't vote! the idol is being played on Joe!

Petals said...

Idol flush!

Nickelpeed said...

Wow, this is going to be horrible. But, yes, it's Alan. But, I still do not like Joe at all. He's brash and arrogant.

Joe in NY said...

Alan took that better than I would have thought given his general hot-headedness.

Petals said...

Cocky, cocky, cocky - will come back to bite him.

Anonymouse said...

Allen gone and idol gone. Goo d night!

Nickelpeed said...

WOW!

Ed in Ohio said...

Well me & my homie Monty are free agents now. I really didn't care for Alan's gameplay anyway. He was never going to last.

Joe in NY said...

It was an advantage for the girl who had it, but if she gave it away she was blocking not giving away the block. I wonder if Devin will ever find out who played it on him.

Petals said...

YAY!! Glad Alan is gone. But I hate Joe.

Anonymouse said...

Petals slide everyone a stella Cheers!

Petals said...

what a TWISTED TRIBAL!

Thank you Jackie!

Good night!

Anonymouse said...

Joes idolmus gone too. And his tribe hates him. Double win!

Nickelpeed said...

See everyone next week. Thank you again, Jackie, for hosting us. Greatly appreciated. Have a great week, everyone.

Anonymous said...

This is the fastest hour!!! Ugh. I want more time to catch up with everyone!

Have a great week!

Thanks for hosting, Jackie. It's always a pleasure.

Anonymouse said...

Night all. See you next week!

Jackie S. said...

Thank you all for coming!

Ed in Ohio said...

G'nite All!

Thanks Jackie!

Nickelpeed said...

He's right, that was a surprise with Devon. Dang, that was no advantage! But wouldn't have mattered, Joe would have used idol no matter what. May the best two win on that team! LOL

Glenn Allen said...

Joe needs to go next! I am still confused as to how Devin lost his vote when the advantage was suppose to be given to the losing tribe.

Nickelpeed said...

I agree Glenn. How did it change? I do not get it? I'm confused.

Nickelpeed said...

Oh, I went back and looked. The person you give it to, loses the ability to vote. So, if Jessica had gone to tribal council, she could secretly give it to someone and it would block that person's vote. So, it has the same affect when you give it to someone on another tribe. Holy cow, so all along, no matter who she gave it to, their vote was going to be blocked. Yikes!! I just do not think she thought the person she gave it to would block that person's vote. I think she thought it would be the same as it was for her. Oh well.

monty924 said...

Missed the party tonight but finally watched the show. Can't say that I'm upset to be out of the pool and free agent, LOL. Ed, we're on our own now and agree with you on the cowboy. :)))

I don't like Joe. He reminds me too much of Tony... ick

Terry is a Texan! said...

Well Alan too bad so sad. Now I am out of the pool but sunning here on the sand with my Blue
CUERVO Margarita
Ahhhhhhh