Sunday, November 19, 2017

Off Topic: That Was the Week It Was - November 19, 2017

Good morning! Since it's a Sunday morning, it's time for my off television topic reflection of the week gone by in both words and photos I've taken along the way. If you're not interested in either, please feel free to check out my previous and newer posts I will put up after this -- they will be television related! You can find my Survivor posts at this link.

Just another week here. Work, more work, home a bit to eat, sleep and pay attention to a cat. At least I can look forward to a four-day work week ahead. I'll even have two days off in a row, a rarity for me. I get so tired of people asking me how my weekend was or telling me to have a good weekend when I don't really have any idea what a weekend is. While I will have the two days in a row this week, it will be Wednesday and Thanksgiving Thursday. I have to work on Friday and Saturday. With no family really near me in the area, it will be a little feast for Vincent the Cat and me. At least I will be able to relax some. I'm used to spending the holidays alone. Work is hectic through the holiday season and I treasure any time off; holidays give me paid extra days off. I like that. Often the one day off at a time just doesn't do it. I'm chronically exhausted.

I really don't have a heck of a lot else for you this week. Not even photo-wise. But here you go ... clicking on an image will bring up the larger version. Some are from my camera, others are cell phone.

Autumn remains

I love these bushes in the fall -- so intricately colorful! Bridgewater, NJ.

Watching the pigeons on the Chotola

I took this shot with my cell phone and really should have edited it to make it a bit more level. I was waiting for my train and bored. North Avenue, Plainfield.

Seagrass run amok

They'll probably be chopping it down soon. Outside of the TD Bank Ball Park in Bridgewater, NJ.

**CLICK THE 'READ MORE' LINK TO SEE THE REST OF THE PHOTOS**

Empty Saturday night train

Okay, it's not really empty. There may have been about thirty passengers in the two double-decker cars that were open for the trip. Besides it being a cold raw kind of evening, NJ Transit on the Raritan Valley Line was once again all screwed up with a shutdown between Cranford and Union and bus service for the passengers between those stations. My train home from work was on time as it was heading towards the tie-up. But the trains going west -- my way to work -- were all running way late. I didn't realize until a half-hour before my train from home was due that it was going on this weekend, too. I knew about last weekend. I threw clothes on, grabbed a cab and miraculously made it to the station to catch the one train that wouldn't make me late to work. Of course, I was almost an hour early. But I'd rather mosey around in nearby Target for a while than be late to work.

On its roof? Yikes!

Coming home from work one day, this must have happened just minutes before we got stuck in the traffic. It's a pothole-laden narrow road, the kind on which you really can't drive fast. Yet the one car ended up on its roof, an SUV was into a utility pole. It doesn't seem anyone was badly injured. I think the woman talking to the police is from the upside-down car. She was worried about her dog, but another person had the dog (wagging tail even) and was saying he's fine. More police arrived and we finally were able to turn around in a driveway and get out of there. Two ambulances passed us on our alternate route. Dunellen, NJ.

These bushes really do autumn nicely

The thrill is gone

More trees are down to bare branches in Bridgewater than not these days.

Gull on guard duty

Bridgewater, NJ

Still some color in the 'hood

Even though most of the trees near my workplace are now barren of their leaves, in Plainfield we still have lots of green leaves and some color.

An eagle's nest!

Um. Well. Probably a squirrel's nest as it's in a tree alongside my apartment building's parking lot. I guess if an eagle lived here, I'd see it. But, anyway, it's huge and now visible since the leaves came down.

Vincent

I'm getting a bit more used to the cell phone camera. Vincent isn't as quick to realize he's being photographed when I use it.

2 comments:

Russ said...

There still is beauty in this November setting... No, I was not talking about you, Vincent! I was talking about plant pictures.

monica said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you & Vincent!
Monica