Wednesday, November 01, 2017

Survivor 35: Heroes-Healers-Hustlers - November 1st Blog Party


As the show airs here on the East Coast, I'll be updating this entry with the latest happenings. Refresh the page to get the latest! The party itself is in the comments -- join in on the discussion!

Lifeguard Laurie has updated the blog pool and here ya go:

Levu Tribe
Ashley N. - Donna NY, MikesGirl, tbc. 
Desiree W. - Delee, Mario Lee, Skyriverblue, Buzzmaam 
Devon P. - David, Margo, Laurie, Fred aka TwoBlackAces 
Joe M. - Cheryl ICNY, Krysa Gibson, Sharon C.

Soko Tribe
Ali E. - Dr_Celine, Monnie8, Tennistoe 
Chrissy H. - Donna in Alabama, meb, SueGee, KelseyNY 
JP H. - Cheryl in NC, Krisen from Ohio, Shannon
Ryan U. - Anonymouse, Glenn Allen, Nickelpeed

Yawa Tribe
Jessica J. - ChicMc, Silk, Sharon N. 
Mike Z. - Becky, Janice, Rbennie, PDX Granny 
Cole M. - Dolores in Hollywood FL, Marthalight, Stormy 
Lauren R. - Brian, Jennasmom, Rochelle, Judi Sweeney 
Ben D. - Donna in FL, Merrilee, Tammy.

Flame Extinguished 
Katrina R. - Pool People moved to a different teams.
Simone N. - 4nancie, Nana in the NW, weenabe
Patrick B. - Beachbound Gmom, Jackie, Petals, Sara Welty
Alan B. - Ed in Ohio, monty 924, Terry is a Texan
Roark L. - Auntie Leigh, Indiana Jane, Pam

Survivor fans ready?

As we could have expected, Ali is mad at Ryan for voting out Roark, with violins playing sad music in the background as she lights into him. Chrissy is thrilled, though. Ryan is thinking that he now has an enemy in the game, something he cannot afford to have.

Over on Yawa, Mike caught a fish. He's beside himself. Well, until he dropped it in the fire. Ben is getting a kick out of him. Meanwhile, Ben notices that Mike shares his small fish and Cole hogs out. Cole thinks they need him as he's the only one who can bring them victories. Uh-oh, not good gameplay, it's throwing Ben, Lauren and Mike into a solid threesome.

Reward Challenge time -- Gathering poles, balance beam, buoys, slingshot two targets. Reward ten pizzas and soft drinks. Second place gets a pizza.  

Soko wins first place, Yawa wins second.

JP knows he's in a good place because his tribe is on the weak side in challenges. Ryan thinks JP's social game might be worth making him a target as he would be dangerous after the merge.

On Levu, Ashley and Devon would like to flip Ashley to their side to go against Joe. Desi isn't blindly loyal to Joe, though. She knows that he's basically using her. Even though Devon is following him, Joe finds an idol clue without Devon catching on. It's now nighttime and he's digging for it. And, now he has it. He says he'll keep it a secret and, after the merge, he'll go find a third idol.

Whoa! It's morning and Cole just passed out. Jessica and Mike are both healers, remember. They got some rice and hydrated him. They realize they do indeed need him. But Mike is a bit leery that they need to get rid of him as he'll just keep going downhill. Ben agrees with Mike that Cole is a liability.

Immunity Challenge time -- Lauren sits out. They have to work together with ropes and balance blocks to spell Immunity.

Yawa wins first place, Levu is second place. Uh-oh for Soko!

JP tells us Ali is next ... so she probably won't be. Ryan agrees with him to his face, but tells us that JP is a big danger after the merge. He wants Ali to work with him to get rid of JP. Ali agrees with Ryan and goes to Chrissy with the plan. Chrissy is agreeable about the plan. Hmm. But she feels the need to talk it over with Ryan. 

Time for Tribal Council and Jeff's Probsting questions. JP is kind of on the hot seat, but isn't defending himself. The rain and the wind starts just after JP says that this might be a wake-up call for him. Lots of talk of trust. 

JP votes for Ali. Ali votes JP. Now it's up to Ryan and Chrissy.

The tally --
Ali, JP, Ali, Ali.

Ohh ... they turned on Ali and kept JP!

The merge is next week! 

  

118 comments:

Anonymouse said...

Nouuse in the House! Careful Ryan.

Judi Sweeney said...

Hey Jackie and everyone! I will be bouncing in and out between Survivor and watching my LA Dodger's game!

Nickelpeed said...

Are we ready??? Thank you, Jackie, for hosting us. It is greatly appreciated. Hi to all who follow.

I bring candied apples and Brandy. Brandy for my cough that I can't get rid of for the life of me. I have my twice a year bronchitis; and I hate it. LOL

Anonymouse said...

Mouse

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Mouse and Judi!

I would be mad at Ryan, too. Ally and he were in an alliance.

Anonymouse said...

#HoustonStrong

monty924 said...

Hey Jackie, Judi, Penny and Mouse. I'm rooting for Houston too!!!

Nickelpeed said...

That is so terrible that they pick on the Doc. He's probably never been fishing in his life. He was proud to have caught something. LOL

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Monty! I'm only rooting for Houston because I think it'll be a good boost for them.

monty924 said...

I hope Ali makes the merge and goes Rambo on Ryan, LOL

Anonymouse said...

Cole cole cole

monty924 said...

True, Penny. I've had a disdain for the Dodgers dating back to their rivalry with the Reds when they were both in the NL West, lol.

Nickelpeed said...

Cole better watch it. However, Lauren always has find a victim to harass. Cole just dug his own grave, though.

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone!!

I have the usual Pinot Grigio. I also brought warm artichoke dip!!

Nickelpeed said...

I don't mind the Dodgers. They had one of my all time favorite coaches and catchers. Lasorda and Mike Piazza. Love those two. With Houston, the 3 B's were a group of my favorites.

Anonymouse said...

Its like the Saints after Katrina

Anonymous said...

Cole will eat the whole pizza!!!

Petals said...

~*~*~* SPLASH *~*~*~

Hey everyone!
I brought 2 huge bags of leftover Halloween candy. LOL
It was 30° by me last night, so very few trick-or-treaters.

Nickelpeed said...

Come on Ryan. Let's play this!!!

Nickelpeed said...

Oh no. Dang it!

Anonymous said...

Another cool challenge

monty924 said...

Hey tbc and Petals. Petals, I never have any kids show up. They don't want to walk up the driveway/hill. I have plenty of Tootsie Rolls for everyone... :)))

Nickelpeed said...

Pass it this way, Petals. What you got?

Nickelpeed said...

Monty, I love tootsie rolls. I never get anyone out where I live. Only 5-6 houses. The parents bring them in to town. LO

Nickelpeed said...

YES! Soko!!!

Petals said...

I have mini Snickers, Milky Ways, Reese's, M&Ms, Heath,
Smarties, Butterfingers, Tootsie Rolls, Milk Duds - healthy stuff.

DIG IN

monty924 said...

I would hurl with those waves

Nickelpeed said...

I like that JP keeps a low profile. He's right, he helps them win. He's strong and doesn't cause a lot of angst. They need him. They need the energy for the next challenge.

monty924 said...

bounty for four and one pizza for five.......

Nickelpeed said...

You have SO MANY of my favorites, Petals!!!

monty924 said...

Passing some Tootsie Rolls to Penny... Petals, I'm snagging some Reese's. My favorite :)))

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the treats. I have snickers left over, but I’m keeping them!!

Judi Sweeney said...

Ryan should have expected some anger...

Obviously I am in the minority coming from the West Coast... it's all good! Have fun tonight guys will lurk here and there.

Nickelpeed said...

Ryan, Ryan, be careful or they'll get you. Too early for a merge. Although, they surprise us every year. LOL

Nickelpeed said...

Judi, the Dodgers definitely played a great game last night!

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and Penny and Petals and everyone! I have been feeling sick last couple days so glad finally feeling better! Hopefully ryan gets to stay tonight!

monty924 said...

Lol, tbc. Hey Glenn

Nickelpeed said...

Thank Monty. I love Reeses, too. But give me butterfingers, smarties and milk duds.

monty924 said...

Rats... I don't want Joe to have another idol

Petals said...

Joe finds those idols! Like Russell used to...

Nickelpeed said...

What a lucky guy. The person I dislike the most is good at finding idols. For his kids, I can deal with that. Still don't like him, though.

Anonymouse said...

He should make a fake one and bury it there

Petals said...

Sorry you're ailing Glenn :(

Petals said...

ooooo, good sneaky idea, Mouse LOL

Petals said...

Monty - did you see what my girls at work gave me?

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Monty! That's not good that joe found the idol!

monty924 said...

Judi, don't blame you for rooting for the Dodgers. I'm usually for the NL all they way, but I just never have really liked the Dodgers because of their old rivalry with the Reds and Houston used to be in our NL division. I'm odd when it comes to the WS. Ask Petals, lol. I rooted for the KC Royals all the way because they two of our (REDS) star pitchers on their staff and I wanted them to get the ring. :)))

Petals said...

Yes - and the Royals finally won it all in 2015!

monty924 said...

Yep, Petals. For once, we were on the same team, LOL

Petals said...

lucky to have Dr on his tribe

Nickelpeed said...

He's weak because of lack of protein. Wow. And, of course, Lauren is going to make something of it.

Kristen from Ohio said...

Hello, everyone, sorry I'm late, doing home improvements and I lost track of time. Happy birthday, Petals! Hope yours was as good as mine was!

Anonymouse said...

Could backfire on her. Nuy dr mike will send him home.

Anonymous said...

Faker...

Petals said...

Thanks Kristen! Are you Halloween baby? Happy Birthday! (I got Roger Federer as a gift)

Anonymouse said...

But its the guys that want him out.

Nickelpeed said...

He could be faking.

Yes, Petals! How was your birthday???

Petals said...

lol TBC

Nickelpeed said...

The big guys are going to have a problem. Maybe.

Petals said...

My girls at work got a 24" Roger Federer standee; he was waiting for me at my desk yesterday!
It was magical. LOL

monty924 said...

Gahhh, this is like the trust circle. It's harder than it looks.

Petals said...

the challenges this season are new & awesome! How DO they come up with them?

Anonymouse said...

Ryan going home :(

Kristen from Ohio said...

Yes, I'm a Halloween birthday too. I got a new garage to park my new car in for my birthday.

Nickelpeed said...

Well, I'm wrong. It's going to be the little ones. LOL.

Can't pull on it.

Anonymous said...

Petals, that’s awesome about the Federer standee

Petals said...

Dang, Kristen! GREAT gifts!! Did you dress up?

Anonymouse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nickelpeed said...

Happy Birthday, Kristen!

Petals said...

Teeb - I know! They love me; there was nothing I'd rather have gotten. They surprised me!

Petals said...

I really like Ben

Nickelpeed said...

They can't pull up on it.

Petals said...

love this challenge!!!

Kristen from Ohio said...

We are doing major home improvements, so I guess I was a carpenter/construction worker. LOL!

monty924 said...

Sorry Mouse, but I hope Ryan goes :))

Petals said...

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! What a finish!!

Nickelpeed said...

I'm worried about Ryan.

Anonymouse said...

Think its Ryan

Anonymous said...

Happy b-day, Kristen. Wow, 2 people here are Halloween babies...

That was a great challenge

Petals said...

LOL Kristen. I was a witch, so I guess it wasn't much of a stretch for me either, hehe

Kristen from Ohio said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone!

Glenn Allen said...

Does Alli turn on Ryan now/ Hopefully Ryan can find an idol!

monty924 said...

Happy belated birthday, Kristen!!

David said...

Happy Birthday Kristen and Petals. =))

Just lurking here while I hoard my meager amount of candy I bought. lol
Never get anyone so just buy something I like.

Anonymouse said...

I shoukd just be glad my pool pick isnt the first one out that counts in week 2 like the last 10 seasons.

monty924 said...

Oops... sorry to Penny and Glenn too. I'm not fond of Ryan and how he turned on Ali.

Anonymouse said...

Houston got 2 in the top of the guest

monty924 said...

They'll probably turn on JP though

Anonymouse said...

Love to see JP go

Glenn Allen said...

Happy Birthday Kristen!

Petals said...

Awwww, I kinda like Ryan too.

Petals said...

Hi David!

Anonymous said...

Get rid of JP

Nickelpeed said...

I'd hate to see JP go home. They need him. But since they'll be down to 3, there will be another merge.

Anonymouse said...

Maybe ryans safe

Nickelpeed said...

This does not look great for Ryan. This could be a huge blindside.

monty924 said...

At least Ryan admits he's a weasel

Petals said...

totally no idea who will be going!

Anonymouse said...

Ryan shudda kept his mouth shut

Anonymouse said...

So should she.

monty924 said...

It may be Ali

Anonymouse said...

Think its jp

Nickelpeed said...

Ryan's safe.

monty924 said...

Damn

Anonymouse said...

Wow

Anonymouse said...

Wrong again

Nickelpeed said...

Really? She stayed with Ryan since the beginning. Why double cross her? I feel sorry for her.

Anonymous said...

That’s not what I was expecting or hoping for....

Petals said...

WOW! Didn't see that coming. I'm OK with her gone, tho.

Thank you, Jackie!
Happy November everyone! XOXOX

Anonymouse said...

Avtually insurance in caze tgwre isnt a merge. Srong three for 3 on 3

Anonymous said...

Ryan is right, he’s a weasel...

Glenn Allen said...

Wow Ryan really turned on Ali> I thought he wanted JP out!

Nickelpeed said...

Thank you for hosting us, Jackie appreciate it. Have a great weekend everyone. Will see you all next Wednesday.

monty924 said...

Thanks Jackie. Everyone have a great rest of the week and weekend. Looking forward to the merge!!

Jackie S. said...

Well, my two Jersey castaways -- Chrissy and Ryan remain.

Thanks for coming by!

Nickelpeed said...

Merged, uh? We'll see who stays with who. This is when old allies come back together. My little guy, Ryan, doesn't have many left! See everyone next week!!!

Anonymous said...

It was a great night with my blog pals. Have a great week everyone!!

Thanks for hosting, Jackie!! Always a pleasure!

Laurie said...

I'm always late to the party.