Wednesday, February 14, 2018

The Amazing Race 30: Valentine's Day Blog Party


Ready for two hours of this? Oy! I'll be live blogging the major happenings the best I can as they air here on the East Coast. But the real party is in the comments area -- come join in on the fun! 

I'm thinking that one of these two hours will be a non-Philimination so there will be a final four teams going into it next week's season finale.

The Left Coast Lovely SqueeGee SueGee has updated the blog pool --  

#TeamBigBrother (Cody & Jessica)    DeLee, ChicMc, Megan H
#TeamExtreme (Kristi & Jen)    Janice from GA/FL, Kristen From Ohio
#TeamIndyCar (Alex & Conor)    SueGee, Brian, Brenda
#TeamOceanRescue (Lucas & Brittany)    Donna in FL, Glenn Allen
#TeamYale (Henry & Evan)    Jackie, Ed in Ohio

Philiminated    
#TeamRingGirls (Dessie & Kayla)   
#TeamGoatYoga (April & Sarah)    Sharon N, Merrilee

#TeamSlamDunk (Cedric & Shawn)    Nickelpeed, Willie in NC
#TeamChomp (Joey & Tim)    David, Chrob61, tbc 
#TeamWellStrung (Trevor & Chris)    Fred aka TwoBlackAces, Petals 
#TeamFirefighters (Eric & Daniel)    Judi Sweeney, Indiana Jane

Are we ready for this? Let's GO! 

Jess had to get new sneakers. She and Cody now have no love lost for Ocean -- Lucas and Brittany. Teams are heading several thousand miles away to Bahrain. I believe Cody speaks some Arabic. He might have an edge there.

All teams are on the same flight with a connection in Dubai. Lucas seems to have lost his passport. Not good for them! We get a cliffhanger before the commercial as the other teams are boarding the second plane while Lucas and Brittany commiserate. They missed the flight and have to go to the consulate for a replacement.

Teams need to carry timber to scales to weigh 300 pounds to the foremen. It's related to the local shipbuilding traditions.

HA! The Ski Gals are done first beating out Indy Guys! They have to eat a local sweet to get their next clue. 

Indy and Ski make it there first. Then Jess and Cody, then Yale.

Finally Lucas has a passport and they're on the way. 

Jess and Cody make it first to the next clue. It's searching pots for ten matching relics -- one of those needle in a haystack challenges. Jess finds yet another kitty cat to hug. Gah! Evan is steering Henry wrong!

Jess and Cody finish first. Then Kristi and Jen. Then Alex and Conor. Finally, Henry and Evan.

Heh. They have to milk a camel next. Because the other teams got lost, Alex and Conor got there first. They finish it first just as Kristi and Jen get there.

Alex and Conor are on their way to the Pit Stop. Then Kristi and Jen.

Pit Stop:
1. Alex and Conor - each win $7,500.

Henry and Evan arrive at the camels. Jess and Cody are lost. 

2. Kristi and Jen

Cody and Jess just got to the camels. Jess can't handle the milking and passes it off to Cody. 
3. Henry and Evan
4. Jess and Cody 

It's now night time and Lucas and Brittany have arrived in Bahrain. Phil meets up with them. They have been Philiminated. 

Now the teams are heading to Thailand. All of them are there at the same time, starting out. They have to find a garlet (sp?) on elephant statues to get their next clue.  

Detour -- Elephant farm -- take height and weight measurements or seize it, catching frogs. Jess and Cody are stymied trying to find a lady to whom to give the garlet they found.

Wow! Kristi and Jen beat out Yale at the elephant detour. They're now riding an elephant away. Jess is scared of the frogs. Cody caught all their frogs. Now both BB and Indy are done with the frogs. Yale is stuck with the elephant measurements. They're finally on their way.

Roadblock - Who wants to Thai something new? Eating three scorpions while other scorpions are crawling on your teammate. Then the eaters have to eat a frog.

Onto the next Pit Stop, Indy in first but BB on their tails. Now Kristi and Jen are on their way. Yale is quite behind and just got to the Roadblock.

Pit Stop:
1. Alex and Conor - won a trip
2. Jess and Cody 
3. Jen and Kristi 
4. Henry and Evan -- non-Philimination leg (as I figured)

They will have a speed bump in next week's two hour finale.

74 comments:

Joe in NY said...

HI folks

Nickelpeed said...

Hi again Jackie. Thank you so much for hosting us!! Hi Vincent!

Joe in NY said...

I hate those performance comps. They are so subjective. They all sucked at it, so how did they decide who won or lost?

Nickelpeed said...

How did she lose her sneakers? In the bogs?

Nickelpeed said...

I agree, Joe.

Hey Jackie! How are you feeling?

Jackie S. said...

Yes, Penny.

tbc said...

Hi, everyone!!

Nickelpeed said...

Long time no see, tbc! LOL

Nickelpeed said...

This is horrible for them.

Glenn Allen said...

It looks like my team lost their passport. This is not good!

Joe in NY said...

This is interesting...

Nickelpeed said...

Not good. They are not my favorite team, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Poor guys.

Joe in NY said...

Clearly, they must get back into the race, don't you think?

Whenever I travel internationally, I touch my passport like every 2 minutes. Actually, when I'm home, I touch my wallet like every 5 minutes. So I guess it's just a little OCD. LOL. But I've NEVER lost either one!

Joe in NY said...

Not sure why you wouldn't grab your passport and have it in your hand as your de-planing.

Joe in NY said...

I'm guessing he's going to find it at the last second in his pocket or something.

tbc said...

Lol, Penny!

tbc said...

They are very calm. I’d be freaking out!!

Joe in NY said...

If they expedite this passport in a matter of minutes or an hour, I'm going to be a little suspicious. My brother need an expedited passport from the U.S. to go on a business trip. It took his SENATOR days to get one.

Nickelpeed said...

I would make sure my passport was always with me. I always check to make sure I have my wallet.

Nickelpeed said...

The extreme women are very smart.

Joe in NY said...

They are cute.

Nickelpeed said...

Ha! A go pro hawk!!

Joe in NY said...

I do not like Female Yale.

tbc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joe in NY said...

she's just mean to Henry all the time for no reason. He never yells, but if he even quietly asks a question she chews him out. I'm hoping they go out because she doesn't listen to him.

Nickelpeed said...

OMGosh! He can't remember where it is, again? He didn't remember his girl friend had it? Wow.

Glenn Allen said...

Wow they got their new passport, Maybe my team can catch up.

tbc said...

I don’t like Evan either. She is about the only one out of all the teams that I don’t like.

Joe in NY said...

This is them trying to make it look like Ocean Rescue is going to catch up. I'm guessing that almost guarantees that Ocean Rescue is D-O-N-E.

Nickelpeed said...

What are each team looking for now? Are they all lost? LOL

Jackie S. said...

Not doing great, Penny (just noticed you asked). I haven't received the actual MRI notes yet, but see a lot that looks wrong to me on the images comparing them to images on the internet. Dr. visit tomorrow. We'll see. These three hour TV nights aren't doing it any good. Thank you for asking.

Joe in NY said...

OMG, what a cute little orange cat.

Nickelpeed said...

I would not be happy if I were Brittany. There's nothing she can do, but he's the one who lost it. Sounds like he's always depended on her or someone else to remember things. No wonder he loses the most important items.

Nickelpeed said...

Awww, the kitties. I'd be holding them all, too. Even though I'm allergic to their hair dander.

Joe in NY said...

Yes, Jess, please rip your shirt off...

Nickelpeed said...

I love tabby kitties.

Nickelpeed said...

Joe! LOL

Joe in NY said...

Good luck, Jackie. Hope it's good news.

tbc said...

Yes, Jackie, good luck!

Nickelpeed said...

Camel rides?

Nickelpeed said...

I hope things go well, Jackie. What can they do for you? Surgery? I know it has to be painful. Don't second guess the MRI, though. It'll drive you crazy thinking the absolute worse.

Glenn Allen said...

I hope you get a great doctors report Jackie and get well soon.

Nickelpeed said...

This Big Mac commercial makes me hungry, even though I'm not. However, I do not like the Big Mac sauce. The last time I had it, I broke out. Haven't tried it since; and that was many, many years ago.

Nickelpeed said...

I love these Survivor commercials. The best mistake ever made was Erik giving up his necklace. He will never, ever forget that. Bad women! LOLOLOL

Nickelpeed said...

Oh no, no. Camel milk is horrible, especially hot. Yuk!

tbc said...

Oh boy, Cody and Jess...

Nickelpeed said...

Oh no, Cody and Jess are in trouble. Their only hope is for teamocean to be really, really, really behind. They are, but at this rate, they could catch up.

Glenn Allen said...

My team has not even been shown at a comp yet. Their only hope might be a non elimination leg!

Nickelpeed said...

Poor things. They're tired of people playing with their nether regions.

tbc said...

OMG, hysterical the falcon pooped while Evan was droning on and on!

tbc said...

Aww I feel so bad!!

Nickelpeed said...

What a way to go out. All because of a lost passport. Dang.

Glenn Allen said...

My team goes out without even being able to race but at least they have 2 places to use for a honeymoon!

tbc said...

Good night all! I’m going into work early tomorrow, so... off to the land of nod.

Jackie, thank you so much for hosting. I know you aren’t feeling well. Your time is so greatly appreciated.

Jackie S. said...

Penny - Until they/I know the actual MRI reports, I don't know what can be done. Have to have a diagnoses first.

Nickelpeed said...

This is so gorgeous!

Nickelpeed said...

Well, Jackie, I hope they find out soon for you.

Nickelpeed said...

That's my kind of challenge. Catching bull frogs!!!

Nickelpeed said...

Oh, they have a choice. Okay, in that case, I would choose elephants. If Cody and Jessica don't do something, they'll be sent home.

Nickelpeed said...

Is the finale next week? If that's the case, we'll know tonight who are the final 3?

Jackie S. said...

Yes, final next week.

Nickelpeed said...

OMG! I would love the elephants!! But, I'd like the frog catching, too.

Glenn Allen said...

Will the finale be an hour or 2 hour show? With my team out I will probably pull for Team extreme or Jody. the darkhorse team is Yale!

Jackie S. said...

Two hour finale. I would think this leg we're watching will be on a non-Philimination.

Nickelpeed said...

Come on Jess, just pick it up. They won't bite you!!

I think the team to watch would be TeamExtreme. They are good. With my team out, I'd love to see JODY win. I'm not a fan of Yale, they are kind of snobs. But appearances can be deceiving in a game like this.

Nickelpeed said...

Do you think it's cooking? LOLOLOL

Nickelpeed said...

My daughter has 3 scorpions. One Emperor, one Forest and one tailess. The Tailess is so cool.

Glenn Allen said...

Thanks Jackie! Cody is chowing down with team Indy guy behind!

Nickelpeed said...

Cody is fearless!

Nickelpeed said...

Thank you for hosting us, Jackie. Will see the BB crowd soon. Then see everyone next week for the TAR finale!!! Have a great week every one.

Nickelpeed said...

Is every one awake??? LOL

Jackie S. said...

Thanks for coming by!

Petals said...

Frogs are one of my HUGE phobias, while elephants are my HUGE love. I'd spend all day with the ellies.

tbc said...

The editing made me think that Yale is going to be the big winners next week. The other teams have bonded and were so happy that Yale was last. Just made me think they will be the winners. I would like to see the Extreme team win (the ladies). I like Cody so much better in TAR. I am enjoying watching them together, but he has pleasantly surprised me! I would be happy to see them win, but I don’t think they will. Jess is struggling a bit. Maybe this last leg will help her step up her game.