Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Survivor 40: Winners at War - April 1 Blog Party


Good evening! I hope everyone is safe and well tonight! It's on the scary side here in the NYC Metro Area, but I'm hanging in.

Tonight's show should be action-packed. In addition to the merge, one person will be coming back from Extinction. I'm not sure how it will be worked -- a separate challenge? Losers from that challenge stay on Extinction to try once again? And, what about those fire tokens? I have lots of questions and few answers. Hopefully most will be answered tonight!

I'll be updating this entry with the major events as the show airs here on the East Coast. Refresh the page to get the latest updates! As always, the real party is in the comments area -- please feel free to join in on the fun!

Here are the latest pool standings from our dear Lifeguard Laurie:

DAKAL
Denise Stapley - Becky, Jennifer
Jeremy Collins - Sharon N
Kim Spradlin-Wolfe - Dr_Celine
Tony Vlachos - Karen in CA, Donna in Alabama

SELE
Michele Fitzgerald -Terry is a Texan
Nick Wilson - Barbara BW, Judi Sweeney
Parvati Shallow - Donna in FL
Wendell Holland - Nic+F10:F30kelpeed, PDX Granny

YARA
Adam Klein - Lifeguard Laurie, Petals
Ben Driebergen - Rbennie, Shannon
Sarah Lacina - SueGee, Cheryl in NC
Sophie Clarke - ChicMc

Extinction Island
Natalie Anderson - Nana in the NW
Amber Mariano - Delee, Glenn Allen
Danni Boatwright - Jennasmom
Ethan Zohn - Rochelle, Jackie
Tyson Apostol -Janice
Rob Mariano - Auntie Leigh
Sandra Diaz-Twine - tbc

Yul Kwon - Ed in Ohio

Survivor fans ready?


On Extinction they can use their fire tokens to buy an advantage in the return challenge or an idol. Amber gave Rob her idol.

Meanwhile, Jeff gathers the tribes for the Immunity Challenge and tells them the merge is on. Then he tells them one more will be with them and brings on the bunch from Extinction. No one seemed surprised that Sandra had left.

Rob brings up that it's all the old school players. Race through obstacles and maneuver a ball to top of a track. The advantage is that they don't have to dig for a rope. Some -- Amber, Parvati and Yul -- don't have the advantage. 

TYSON is back in, just barely beating Rob. The others head back to camp -- there will be one more shot at returning. They will be going to Tribals as some will be on the jury.

Back at camp they have their feast plus the option to buy stuff with their tokens. Denise explains how Sandra went down. It might backfire on her. Tyson has to mix and mingle with the younger crowd. He thinks they will underestimate him. 

Ben thinks it will be big targets against little targets. Tony, Tyson, Jeremy and Ben want to target what they perceive to be the lesser players. I guess we'll see how that works out!

It's raining as they start the Immunity Challenge. Sophie is shivering. It's endurance -- holding onto a pole, get a fire token with a win, two winners -- one male, one female.

Michele is out first. Adam out. Sarah out, Tyson out, Wendell out, Tony out. Sophie down. Kim out. DENISE WINS FOR THE WOMEN!

The men are down to Jeremy and Nick. JEREMY WINS FOR THE MEN!

It seems like Nick seems to be the main target. However, we know from show history that editing will imply one person and it's actually someone else. Adam and Wendell are brought up, too. Jeremy does not want Wendell to go and tries to push for an Adam ouster. Interesting that no one is talking Tyson.

Time for Tribal. Jeff asks about Tyson's return and it does appear that they are not targeting him. Adam is way paranoid and probably should be. 

The tally 

Adam, Wendell, Adam, Adam, Wendell, Wendell, Wendell, Wendell, Wendell, Wendell.

He's out and Jeremy won't be too happy!








111 comments:

Nickelpeed said...

Yay, here we go! Thank you, Jackie, for bringing us together. We need this!!!

SueGee said...

Howdy Jackie & Vincent and all that enter while typing!!

Yahoo - a merge and a challenge! Let's get going!!

Squeegee

Petals said...

~*~*~**~ SPLASH ~*~*~*~*~

Hello Jackie, Vincent & everyone! Rabbit, rabbit!

I've brought ginger ale, because I've given up drinking!


APRIL FOOLS! I have Stella. LOL

Joe in NY said...

Sandra....smh

Petals said...

This is the most social interaction I've had in 7 days!

Petals said...

Hey Joe!

Nickelpeed said...

Right now, I do not care which Old School gets back in the game.

Clean sweep. I hope an Old School wipes their butts on them. However, since everyone in the merge are New School, I don't this a New School will make it, sadly.

Dr_Celine said...

Hello! I’ll stay for part of the party today but leave before tribal council so it’s still a surprise when I watch it here in the West Coast. Hope everyone is staying healthy and safe.

SueGee said...

I'll take a Stella puleeeze!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Petals! Hi Joe!! Hi Sue Gee!!

Nickelpeed said...

Man, I hope they get revenge!!!

Petals said...

Passing a STELLA to Squeeeeeeee ~~~~>

Nickelpeed said...

Oh no! I wanted to see everyone do well!! Since Amber, Parvati and Yul do not have an advantage, it will be hard.

Nickelpeed said...

Why clap? You're the ones who did this!!!!

jennifer said...

Howdy everyone!!! Late.... big splash!!

monty924 said...

Hi everyone. I brought a pot full of beef and noodles.

SueGee said...

Thanks Petals! I need a cold one today

jennifer said...

Let’s go rob!!!

Petals said...

c'mon ROB!!!!!!

monty924 said...

I'll have a Stella, Petals

SueGee said...

Yum Monty..I have a pork roast and potatoes in the oven for later. Smells so good right now!

jennifer said...

This part is a hard one!!

monty924 said...

Great job, Tyson and ROb

jennifer said...

R u kidding me?!?

Nickelpeed said...

Strangely, I really wanted to see Rob make it. LOL

SueGee said...

How old is Rob now?

Petals said...

Hey Monty - *slides a STELLA down the bar*

Beef & Noodles - nom nom nom

Dr_Celine said...

Woohoo!!! Happy with that outcome!

Petals said...

Rob is so cool; he posts Twitter videos of this house rehab he's doing. He is so fun, so smart. ♥ Rob.

Petals said...

WHOOOOO

monty924 said...

Tastes fantastic, pal. After the past couple of days I've had, lol. Tree branch went through one of the garage windows Sunday or Monday with all the wind. I didn't discover it until yesterday when there was broken glass on the garage floor. ugh

Nickelpeed said...

Old, SueGee. LOL

jennifer said...

I need to check that out... anything other than what is news lol

Nickelpeed said...

44 SueGee

Jackie S. said...

I think Rob is 44 but I may be wrong.

Nickelpeed said...

They won't let Tyson stay in. He needs to be on his toes.

monty924 said...

Ive always liked Rob. I like Tyson too... he cracks me up

Auntie Leigh said...

Oh, Rob almost made it back? Almost...bummer. I have never joined the pool party before.

The moleman said...

Ya big threat

SueGee said...

Penny - I'm old as dirt and Rob is younger than my son LOL

Petals said...

Yikes Monty!

monty924 said...

Hey Auntie Leigh... welcome to your first pool party. Water is fine :)))

Nickelpeed said...

I'm wondering if Tony is next?

jennifer said...

Welcome!!

SueGee said...

I really figured it would be Tyson. And with individual immunity he has a chance to stay for a while...

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Monty. Hi Aunt Leigh. Hi Moleman

SueGee said...

Welcome and make sure to partake of the goodies

Petals said...

Hi Auntie Leigh! Want a Stella (Artois, beer?)

Ed in Ohio said...

Hi Everybody!
Tyson got the reprieve but don't think his chances to 'outlast' are very good.

Nickelpeed said...

That rain sucks!!!

jennifer said...

They look miserable!!!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Ed!

Auntie Leigh said...

I want to bring something california-ish; guacamole and chips and mimosas? Not that original but , oh well...thx for welcoming me to the group.

Nickelpeed said...

With them shivering like that, this challenge will not last long.

jennifer said...

She is gonna struggle!

Auntie Leigh said...

Thx Petals, I'll take a Stella. Make it two.

Ed in Ohio said...

Hi Penny!

Petals said...

Jackie - I just want to thank you for letting us come to meet up. I'm so lonely. And as soon as I get my unemployment, I can make a donation!

jennifer said...

I think my girl Denise is a beast!

Nickelpeed said...

Come on Nick

SueGee said...

Guac and chips sounds good always! I was thinking of things I miss earlier today and avocados are on my short list! And Mimosas always!!

Nickelpeed said...

Anyone here from UpState NY? I'm originally from the Adirondacks. They have not had any cases of this coronavirus, yet. However, people are coming in droves from the city. I hate that. I don't understand why Cuomo did not limit travel.

monty924 said...

Hi Homie

Nickelpeed said...

I really wanted Nick to win. I'm glad that Denise won.

Nickelpeed said...

Now that they can't vote Denise, I'm sure they'll probably go after Tyson, unfortunately.

Auntie Leigh said...

Now I'm sorta embarassed that I crashed the party w/out leaving a donation. Jackie, do you take bit-coins? Not that I have any of those. Maybe later...

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Everyone. Sorry I was late. I was talking to my Dad on the Phone. I will have to watch tape later. I see Tyson back in the game.

The moleman said...

Wanted nick to win too and i wanted to see who's loyal to jeremy!

Ed in Ohio said...

Hi Homie! I scooped out a bowl of beef & noodles when you weren't looking.

Jackie S. said...

Heh, no. I'm not bitcoin friendly, I guess. Thanks for the thought, though. And, Petals ... I know you're not in the position to donate right now!

Petals said...

Joe is upstate...
There are several cases in KC: 1,327 with 14 deaths in Missouri; 21 cases in my county with one death

Petals said...

Ed - I bet they were delicious

jennifer said...

So funny how they edited nick to come into conversations!

Auntie Leigh said...

I bet Tyson won't last long. They will be razzing him as he slinks back to the island.

monty924 said...

Auntie, funny you mentioned bit-coin. When I had my taxes done this year she asked me if I had any social or internet currency like bit-coins and I couldn't help but just laugh when I said, "um, NO", LOL

Ed in Ohio said...

Everthing is always delicious on here Petals!

And how about no Wimbledon this year :((

Nickelpeed said...

Adam is always paranoid.

Petals said...

I was sad about Wimby, Ed. I knew it was coming, tho. I want my players & the fans to be safe.

Who here is home? Who hasn't worked in 3 wks, beside me?

Glenn Allen said...

North Carolina started a Shelter in place order this past Monday. A friend of mine I hadn't seen in 20 plus years was suppose to come tomy town on Easter week. Now she can't hopefully she can come with her family in August to visit.

Glenn Allen said...

I am home Petals.

Auntie Leigh said...

Before going into stay-at-home, I went to the ATM but now, nobody want cash. Too dirty.
Denise is impressive. I don't think I ever even saw her season. It would be shocking if a "nobody" were to win this.

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Glenn!!

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Penny. I see that Garth Brooks and Trisha are doing a concert after Survivor.

Nickelpeed said...

I am hoping that it is Wendell or Adam, but it could be a ploy to blindside Tyson. That is so great that everyone is going to be on the Jury. Karma is a **itch.

monty924 said...

I'm WAH, Petals... it's very odd to say the least. We have weekly Zoom meetings and I got all cleaned up for the first one. Last week, just out of the shower with my hair in a towel and today, I just said screw it. No make-up, no bra but I did brush my hair, LOL

jennifer said...

I only use cash for groceries, so far nobody has refused

Nickelpeed said...

Personally, I wish it were Ben or Jeremy. They think they're the best in the game. :::sigh:::

Joe in NY said...

I'm in Rochester, NY Nickel

Nickelpeed said...

If they don't take out the strong players, it's going to be hard for everyone of them. However, we always like a great finish.

SueGee said...

I have been happily retired for almost 6 years now, and the one thing I miss is SHOPPING!! and of course going out to eat!

Nickelpeed said...

How are you doing there, Joe?

Petals said...

I'm home until end of April, maybe. It's fluid, b/c I'm in healthcare but unessential. I haven't taken my hair out of it's bun since... uhm...what day is it? HAHAHAAA

jennifer said...

Clues for their collective decision on who is going

Auntie Leigh said...

Wendall has been a pig to that X of his. Why not just pretend to be civil at least?
Bye for now, thx for having me. This was fun. Thx Jackie and Vincent and all the folks in the pool.

Joe in NY said...

I hate being home. Still working. Very thankful. But can't stand being home all the time.

jennifer said...

In healthcare too, but I’m still in the office. They talk about sending us home but they can’t figure out the IT side!

Petals said...

Joe, I bet your babies love it. Mine do. My kids are sooo spoiled to our 5 hour naps.

Nickelpeed said...

There goes my pool guy! :-(

monty924 said...

Well, Michelle's happy - LOL

jennifer said...

Whoa!

Petals said...

Jenn - I was given the option of 12-16hr weeks, but UI pays more (when i finally get it?!?!)
I miss my patients & my coworkers.

jennifer said...

Thank you Jackie, everyone stay safe and healthy ❤️

The moleman said...

Ok i guess, i don't know, kinda like it though!

Ed in Ohio said...

G'nite All! Stay safe & Be well!

Nickelpeed said...

How do we find out who voted for who?

Jackie, thank you for hosting us. Will see everyone next week.

Glenn Allen said...

Did anyone see the article where Jeff Probst answered what happened if a Challenge tied? He said he made call if not sure asked 2 observers for help. He said if really a tie each Challenge has a tiebreaker procedure.

Jackie S. said...

Thank you all for coming by!

monty924 said...

Thanks Jackie. Everyone stay safe and well ♥

Nickelpeed said...

Stay safe everyone

Petals said...

thank you again Ms J! I'll miss you guys until next week - be good & stay safe ♥

XOXOXOX

Glenn Allen said...

Thanks Jackie.