Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Survivor 45: Following a Dead Horse to Water - Ep. 8 Blog Party

 

Good evening! Tonight we will see the return of the Survivor auction. I can't even tell you when we last saw that. But, unlike ZingBot on BB, I always enjoyed the Survivor auction.

9:25PM ET. So, please shift over to that post for that show. Merci.

I will be live blogging the show the best I can, constantly updating it. Refresh this page to get the latest updates. As always, the real party is in the comments area. I hope to see you there!

Lifeguard SueGee has updated the blog pool. Here's where we stand:

Kendra --- Cherry Pie, EthanC
Emily --- ChicMc, Donna in AL, Jackie
Austin --- Pearl, Nora M, Sharon N
Drew --- Dr Celine, monty924
Bruce --- Krysta, Skyriverblue
Kellie --- Michelle, Bizaro22
Jake --- Donna in FL, TS14Fan
Katurah --- Donna NY, April W
Dee --- Judi Sweeney, Brent McKee
Julie --- Andi, PDX Granny

JURY
Kaleb

Survivor fans ready?

Sitting out the Previously On segment.

They're returning from Tribal. Was Sifu the right choice? What about Bruce? The second group returns and tells them they voted out Kaleb. Jake has some amends to make as he actually wanted to go to rocks to save Kaleb. Julie is a bit irked that Jake voted for her. The Kaleb vote was understandable. Now she feels she can't trust Jake. Lines have been drawn.

Day 15 - The girls realize they are in the majority -- 6 to 4. Is it time for them to make a move? The six all want Bruce out. Kellie is very pleased with the thought of the women banding together to get him out.

A boat is arriving. The boat has a table with attached serving plates. The crew puts the names of each castaway at a plate. Who's ready for a blast from the past? The Survivor auction where they can bid on food items. They have to find the cash in bamboo tubes in the forest. Once they find a tube, they have to go put it on their plate, then go find more.

Everybody is running around gathering them except Bruce. The rest all have multiples; he has nothing. He's barely trying. Ohhh ... he found one! Now they are opening the tubes. All have different amounts. Dee has $900.

Time for the auction! 30th season, 2015, was the last time it was done. No advantages this time around. 15 items for the auction -- only the first five guaranteed. Auction will end without warning. The person with the most money left loses their vote. Bruce only has $80. Jeff draws the stone for the number of total items. Bidding is $20 increments. Beer and pretzels to Kendra for $360.

French fries, ketchup and a soda. $500 to Kellie. A covered item -- Emily $440 and it's a charcuterie platter and a glass of white wine. Chocolate milkshake Dee for $900. Covered item Katurah $480 -- Jeff offers to trade for another covered dish. She sticks with the first one -- two giant fish eyes. That was all her money. Austin buys them for $100.

The covered item from before goes to Drew for $520 -- candy bowl. A slice of pizza goes to Austin for the rest of his money. Toothbrush, toothpaste and mouthwash sold to Julie for her complete $420. Covered dish bought by one, shared by three. Jake buys for his whole $340. No utensils. He invites Julie. Reluctantly chooses Bruce. 

Three people still have money -- Kellie with the most $200. One item -- covered dish. All her money, PB&J, potato chips and a margarita. Bruce has $80 and Emily has $60. Oops! Bruce loses his vote. The auction is over.

Back at camp, the women are having fun talking about the auction. Oh, and we get a backstory about Kendra reuniting with her biological father.

Emily is more partial to Drew and Austin than the women. She warns Drew about the six women. Drew thinks it will be great to flush the idol, plus targeting Bruce for his own needs. Austin and Drew talk to Katurah and Julie. Bruce is the target with Jake as a backup.

Immunity Challenge time. Hold onto a rope containing a log with one third their pregame body weight, move down knots on the rope. Jeff also has a bag of rice. Four people need to sit out of the challenge to get the rice which would last. Dee, Emily, Drew, Katurah all under pressure as Jeff cut a hole in the bag and let rice out of it.


Kellie is the first out. Then Kendra out. They move down to the final section with no knot. Julie, Austin, Jake and Bruce still in it. Austin out. Jake out. It's between Bruce and Julie -- the two oldest in the game. Julie drops. BRUCE WINS IMMUNITY!

Bruce knows so many want him out and he had no vote, they thought it a done deed. He has an idol in his pocket, too. Kellie is really irked. Emily says it put a wrench in the plans. Will they vote out Jake? Can they get Bruce to use his idol to save Jake? Kellie is with Jake and even Bruce. Emily and Kellie tell Jake not to use his shot in the dark and he will be safe. They didn't give him an alternate name. So, he searches for an idol.

Drew has a plan to flush the idol and go after Kellie because she has so much power in the game. It seems to be between Jake and Kellie as targets as they head off to Tribal Council.

Tribal Council - Night 16. Kaleb sits alone in the jury box looking all clean. He looked shocked at Bruce's Immunity necklace. They talk about the rice and the four who sat out of the challenge. Jake makes a pitch. He loses track of his thoughts. He talks about them dogpiling onto him and was willing to go to rocks last Tribal. Kellie thinks Jake went into it too fast. Jake gets quite defensive if it's a unanimous vote tonight. Is it a ploy because he's a lawyer?

He talks about if he pulls out my ... er an idol tonight or play shot in the dark. Time to vote.

The tally. Jake plays his shot in the dark. He is NOT Safe.
Jake, Jake, Jake, Kellie, Kellie, Kellie, Kellie, Kellie.

9th person voted out is Kellie, second member of the jury. She is mad.

113 comments:

Petals said...

~*~*~*~ splash ~*~*~*

Hey Jackie.
This is our first party without JON. JON - you are missed.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and Petals and everyone who follows!

Petals said...

Hey Glenn!

monty924 said...

Hi Jackie, Petals and Glenn

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Monty!

Petals said...

Hello friend!

I have a case of cool STELLLLLAAAA

Petals said...

Thank you, Jackie - for letting us know about JonMD

Glenn Allen said...

It looks like the Ladies might want a women's alliance. Kellie wants Bruce out.

Cheryl in NC said...

hi Jackie and everyone
Not really here for the show.Just wanted to be with friends. Hugs all around

Cheryl in NC said...

Thanks Jackie for going the extra mile, and finding out about Jon for us.

monty924 said...

Auction with a twist. I like it :)))

monty924 said...

Yes, thanks again Jackie for finding out what happened with Jon. I read the Guestbook earlier today. His sister posted a nice comment thanking everyone for their posts and a funny picture of Jon. Just as we all remember his humor. He's missed for sure...

Glenn Allen said...

Bruce did terrible with finding the Bamboo tube for Auction Money.

Petals said...

{{{Cheryl}}} kinda same.

Yay - I always liked the survivor auction

Jackie S. said...

We actually lost another person from the blog a few days before John. If she commented here, it was rarely. However, she friended me on FB several years ago -- Michele Reichart Smith. She was two years younger than John. Sigh.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Cheryl. Thank you for telling me about Jackies post on Jon.

Petals said...

Bruce is being very lazy...

Glenn Allen said...

Hi J that is sasd news about Michele!

Cheryl in NC said...

I'm not usually on tonight and I don't know if he was here for these 2shows..but I can't hardly imagine BB blogs without that quick wit of his. He always had me lol for real😂

Jackie S. said...

I do not know why I turned into J. But it's me, Jackie.

Jackie S. said...

John was BB only

Petals said...

oh no, Jackie! Well, I am friends on FB with at least half of "us", so somehow you will all know if am chosen to be with the Lord.
(I'll be sure to post something...haha)

monty924 said...

Sorry to hear we lost another person from the blog. RIP Michele

Cheryl in NC said...

YW and Glad you saw that Glenn.
Jackie so sorry to hear about the other loss. So sad both still young

Petals said...

stupid! Why not start at $20?

monty924 said...

Kendra wants that BEER really bad, lol

Glenn Allen said...

This is crazy rules for new Auction. No Advantages Who ever has most money left loses their vote.

Petals said...

mmm those look like bowling alley french fries. YUM

monty924 said...

You know those fries are cold. YUCK

Cheryl in NC said...

I think we should all be FB friends with at least one other person here just in case....

monty924 said...

Lol, Petals. We had opposite thoughts at the same time :)))

monty924 said...

GROSS

Glenn Allen said...

Katura got Fish Eyes Austin got Fish Eyes,

monty924 said...

The reactions, lol

Petals said...

I'm pretty open - I'm Jodie Murrill on FB. And I am fine to be friends everyone (must love animals & tolerate tennis, bwhaaa)

Petals said...

do they HAVE to eat it? what if they refused?

Joe in NY said...

Hi folks. Very sad about Jon

Petals said...

when does Reindeer Games begin? Are you blogging it, Ms Jackie?

Jackie S. said...

I should be me again now

Jackie S. said...

Petals - Probably not but maybe.

Petals said...

Hi Joe. xoxo Bye Joe.

Petals said...

Charcuterie was the best buy of the auction, IMO

monty924 said...

Hey Joe

monty924 said...

Found out today that Jordan will be guest hosting on some of Reindeer Games. She'll be in an ELF costume. :))

SueGee said...

I'm here!! Just cooking dinner and will be along to chat soon.

SueGee Raising a tall one to Jon!!

Sharon N said...

Hi everyone! Following the blog and chat until show comes on here.
RIP JonMD and Michele.

monty924 said...

I'd take that but agree that Emily's was the best.

Glenn Allen said...

Bruce in danger he started with least amount of Money to most Money and lat his vote.s

monty924 said...

Hi Squeegee and Sharon

Petals said...

SQUEEEEE!

Hi Sharon!

Jordan will be a cute elf.

Sharon N said...

I always liked Jordan and Britney Haynes.
Britney could be so funny.

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie, thank you so much

Hi everyone. It broke my heart about Jon. It never crossed my mind he was very sick. Just sad. Thank you for finding out Jackie.

I always loved the food auction. Glad Bruce lost his vote. He didn't take the bamboo cylinders serious. Just glad Emily wasn't the one.

Joe in NY said...

I really hate it when people younger than me pass away.

Glenn Allen said...

I am Glenn Allen on Facebook. Petals I will add you on Facebook.

Cheryl in NC said...

Hey Joe..yes very sad news

Glenn Allen said...

Petals their are several with your name, Can you add me?

Sharon N said...

Pretty funny...
Bruce hardly searched for anything and ended up with only $80.
Ends up with that same $80... the most money and loses his vote.

Petals said...

sure Glenn. Mine is the picture of Gretchen with a Jewish flag...what is your info?

monty924 said...

I love Kendra's story. My brother just found a daughter he never knew he had... rather she found him. He now has a daughter and four grandchildren and I have a niece and three new great nephews and a great niece.

Petals said...

(oh, and a bunch of beautiful, talented men is my cover pic (the top 8 tennis players on the planet right now) heehee

monty924 said...

I agree, Joe. I hate it too!

Nickelpeed said...

I knew someone would would tell one of the men about the women's alliance. I hate that.

There have only be 2 successful women's alliance. That's it. Years ago. There are 6 women. They could easily get rid of the men little by little. But nooooooo. Stupid.

Sharon N said...

Your family's acceptance of 'unexpected' family is so wonderful Monty.

SueGee said...

I'm known on FB to several of you, so we should be set. That is if someone announces on FB that I bit the bullet. I'm old now, but I still have an older sister (younger brother) and our Mom lived to 84.


Squeegee

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Penny!

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Sue Gee!

Petals said...

Well, I had 2 kids and both were adopted. I am friends with BOTH, especially close with my son & his beautiful wife. Also friend with both sets of adoptive parents, who did an amazing job. I used to have shame about it, but no more. God led me, and we are all the better for it. and November is National Adoption Month.

Jackie S. said...

Penny - According to his cousin, John wasn't known to be very sick. He passed away unexpectedly, cardiac arrest.

Glenn Allen said...

Petals mine is Glenn Allen and my Profile Picture is Christmas themed with A Santa Hat

Jackie S. said...

I may set up meeting type posts for Reindeer Games. But I have some health and other stuff going on and really need a break from blogging a bit.

Petals said...

Hey HennyPenny! Didn't see you come in.

Before I get distracted (again), I want to make a toast to JonMD. Here's to you, JONNNNN !
xoxox
and to Jackie, and all of us, friends.


Glenn - there aree tons of you. what is the pic?

Sharon N said...

Petals, no guilt. You did what many have had to do because of circumstances.
Both have become good people and accept you as you are, so you did the right thing.

Petals said...

oh no Jackie. I understand. Please take care of yourself.

Cheryl in NC said...

That's very cool Monty.Always nice to find new family

Petals said...

Gotcha Glenn

Nickelpeed said...

Wow. That was a tense one. I do not think Drew nor Katurah are in any danger to leave.

This is a hard one. Jeff never shuts up.

monty924 said...

Oh, I hope Drew will be safe. I think he will 🤞🏼

Glenn Allen said...

Thanks Petals I added you.

Nickelpeed said...

Jackie, your health is more important than a blog.

Petals said...

Austin can win this

Petals said...

C'mon Jake, c'mon Austin

Cheryl in NC said...

Jackie..please take care of yourself.You have had so many health issues .Your health is most important.

Petals said...

effin Bruce!?! Well, he sure pulled it out when he needed it most !

Glenn Allen said...

Bruce wins immumity. He lost vote so he was in danger.

Sharon N said...

Of course Bruce wins!!
Maybe his real name is Jag? LOL

monty924 said...

Julie looking solid

Petals, I agree with Sharon. No shame in adoption. My baby brother is adopted. My parents kept foster children and my brother was one of the babies they fostered but it was for two years. My Mom and Dad knew going into such a long term foster that they would end up adopting him. Couldn't imagine our family without him. 💕

monty924 said...

Lol @ Sharon

Glenn Allen said...

since Emily told about the Womens Alliance do they go get Katura.

Cheryl in NC said...

Petals i would love to chat with you sometime about your experience .I too placed a babygirl for adoption many many years ago.We have reunited and it's awesome.
Maybe I can message you sometime.I think we are already friends on Facebook.
.

Nickelpeed said...

Jackie, thank you for letting me know about Jon. Wow. Life is so unexpected at times.

Petals, no shame in adopting out your children. There are always circumstances where people cannot raise children. Your children are very happy. They were raised wonderfully. I am so glad you have a relationship with them. Did you know where they were, or did they or you, find each other?

monty924 said...

Jackie, your health and well being is the most important thing.

Glenn Allen said...

Petals I had a High School classmate who was adopted. She became great friends with her Birth Mom years later.

Nickelpeed said...

I hope Jake found an Idol.

Glenn Allen said...

Does Jake have an Idol? I like his Bluff at least.

Petals said...

Glenn - an atty friend coordinated both of mine, 6 yrs apart. We are all still in touch, they are all in practice together. It all worked out. My dad got to meet my son, who is his Dopplegangr! They both cried. It's a cool thing. (PS - I found ya!)

monty924 said...

Who will it be?

Petals said...

Oh, they both contacted me when they turned 18.

Nickelpeed said...

That sucks

Nickelpeed said...

Holey Toledo

Nickelpeed said...

She's angry.

monty924 said...

Total blindside

Glenn Allen said...

Kellie voted out.

Nickelpeed said...

Wow. No women's alliance, I guess.

Thank you, Jackie. See most everyone next hour and half.

Nickelpeed said...

Jackie, take care of your health. We will miss you if you skip blogs, but we'd rather have you healthy.

Glenn Allen said...

Petals that is great news. I am glad it worked out.

SueGee said...

See you all in the next chat in a few....

(And the women still hold a slight advantage on the men)

Petals said...

whooooooo

fun vote.

Jackie S. said...

The TAR post is up and running.

Cheryl in NC said...

Jackie thank you for all you do for us.Goodnigt all..hugs all around and RIP Jon..you will be so missed by us all

Petals said...

I liked Kelly. But wow.

Thank you Jackie.
Let's all keep in touch, XOXOXOXOXOX

monty924 said...

Thanks, Jackie. See all of you next week unless I see you next door first. HEading over to the TAR post.

Mike Barer said...

I was sorry to see Kellie go, she was in my pool. Not only that, she seemed like a real sweet person, but it is a game, after all.
In my pool with friends, I still have Jake, Dee, Emily, and Kendra, so I'm sitting real well.

Debbie in Fl said...

Hi, I fell asleep before the votes. Can someone post who voted for whom. Kellie vs Jake. Ty
Also I just want to take a moment to say I am thankful for this group