Wednesday, November 22, 2023

The Amazing Race 35: In the Belly of the Earth - Ep. 9 Blog Party

 

I hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving! 

I will be live-blogging and updating this post constantly as the show airs here on the East Coast. Refresh the page to get the latest updates. As always, the real blog party is in the comments. I hope to see you there!

Lifeguard SueGee has once again updated the blog pool and here's where we stand going into tonight's show:

Ashlie & Todd -- Dr Celine, NanaintheNW, SueGee
Greg & John -- Brent McKee, Jackie, Judi Sweeney
Joel & Garrett -- ChicMc, Ethan, Willie J, Jasonuwp
Robbin & Chelsea -- Indiana Jane, KelseyNY, MikesGirl
Rob & Corey -- marthalight, PDX Granny, Sharon N
Steve & Anna Leigh -- David, Donna in FL, Glenn Allen

Are you ready? Let's GO!

Teams are remaining in Slovenia. On foot to Congress (?) Square for their next clue.

Roadblock - Wooden kitchenware. Sellers attach to backpack and make a delivery, so do the teams (or one member of the team, that is). 

John finishes first, gets the next clue and heads back to Greg. Drive to a network of caves where legend has it the dragons live. Descend down into a cave to find the next clue. Todd finishes it next and heads back to Ashlie. Then Corey gets it done. Uh-oh. Chelsea didn't load up two pieces on the backpack and has to go back for them. Both Garrett/Joel and Steve/Anna Leigh made it through. Now Robbin and Chelsea are through.

Greg/John make it first to the caves. Then Rob and Corey. The clue has them go further into the cave, find pieces of a dragon, put it together to get the next clue from the dragon keeper. Robbin/Chelsea continue to make errors and drive by the entrance to the caves.

Greg/John finish the dragon and get a clue to drive to the Fonda Fish Farm where they will get the clue to a Detour. Anna Leigh/Steve, then Garrett/Joel finish the dragons.

Detour - Scrape Off has them removing barnacles from two rings. Swap Out, use a kayak to swap out two mussels laden buoy ropes.

Robbin/Chelsea are finally at the caves. Ashlie and Todd are still there. But now they're gone just as the women approach the dragon.

Greg/John have already swapped out one buoy. Rob/Corey got there but started off without a buoy. Uh-oh. They took a buoy but left the mussels! Greg/John get the clue to drive to the next Pit Stop.

Rob/Corey decide to switch Detours as they cannot find the bag of mussels they left behind. Meanwhile, Anna Leigh/Steve finish the Scrape clue. Joel/Garrett are heading to the Pit Stop now, too.

Ashlie and Todd, after getting lost, make a mistake at Scrape and leave the chains behind when they get their kayak. They finish Scrape just as Robbin/Chelsea arrive at the Detour.

Pit Stop Order
1. Greg/John - Also won $5,000 each
2.Joel/Garrett
3. Steve/Anna Leigh
4. Rob/Corey
5. Ashlie/Todd
6. Robbin/Chelsea are Phiminated



76 comments:

monty924 said...

Hello again everyone

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie. Thank you, thank you, for everything you do for us!!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Monty.

SueGee said...

Howdy Monty and Jackie S.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi again everyone! My pool team is starting last

SueGee said...

Howdy Nickelpeed

SueGee said...

Howdy Glenn

Sharon N said...

Howdy folks... fancy meeting you all here again! :D

Glenn Allen said...

Hi again Sue Gee!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi SueGee. Thought I'd add that Chicago was the very first large city I had ever seen. I wanted to see the Sears tower. I had been told if you looked up at the top of the Sears Tower, you would fall over because it was so big. I was disappointed, I didn't fall over. LOL.

Michelle said...

Hi again everyone.
Sue, I know those towns well. My glass wholesaler was in Warrenville

Jackie S. said...

Hey again, people!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Glenn.

Anonymous said...

Haven’t seen either show yet here in West Coast but wanted to stop by and wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving! Grateful for our blog family here and our wonderful host Jackie! Hope everyone has a lovely day tomorrow! Xoxox
Dr. Celine on mobile.

monty924 said...

Hey Dr. Celine. Happy Thanksgiving!

SueGee said...

Same to You Dr Celine

monty924 said...

Caves creep me out, lol

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Dr, Celine. Happy Thanksgiving

Michelle said...

Dr Celine, Happy Thanksgiving to you and I agree about the blog family Jackie built. I hope you day is lovely also.

monty924 said...

Omg, couldn't have scripted that any better. :)))

SueGee said...

Funny you should say that Michele. I was in the glass business for over 30 years, laboratory glassware!

Michelle said...

Sue, small world. I made stained glass church windows for 35 years. What’s laboratory glass, beakers and test tubes?

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Glenn, SueGee, and Dr. Celine.

Nickelpeed said...

That is a cool job, Michelle and SueGee!!

SueGee said...

You got it Michelle - but really high end specialty stuff. Actually had a glassblowing shop for a while until they decided they didn't need a California warehouse/office anymore in 2002. Went to work at UC Berkeley and the rest is history. Retired in 2014 and they pay me not to come to work now!

Glenn Allen said...

Anna Leigh keeps dropping her Items!

Michelle said...

I loved my job!!! I retire just a few months before Covid lockdown. I had planned on traveling but then got double breast cancer (completely gone) and haven’t traveled at all. :)

Glenn Allen said...

My team Steve and Anna Leigh move into 5th place!

Michelle said...

Isn’t retirement the best. I do lampwork beads also. That’s the only hot glass I do.

Sharon N said...

Michelle, so thankful you are well again and will now have a chance to do your traveling.

Michelle said...

Sharon, I got a lot to be grateful for!!

Glenn Allen said...

Michelle I am glad you recovered. My Mom had Breast Cancer Twice but lived about 30 or so years afterwards and lived to 80 almost 81, She passed in May of 2016.

monty924 said...

Retirement is awesome. I love being paid not to go to work, lol. Michelle, happy that you are healthy now.

Michelle said...

Glenn, your Mom sounds like she was a strong fighter. I’m sorry you lost her. I think I remember you saying you had dinner with your dad recently. Feb 8th will be 3 years cancer free. Cherries family, friends, health and God.

Michelle said...

Ha, that’s cherish not cherries.

Sharon N said...

Happy to be a retiree also (at 56 yrs old). It's been 25 years of being able to travel a bit. Not having to get up until I want, and not forcing myself to go into work sick.
Life is pretty dang good.

monty924 said...

I like the brothers, the father/son and the beard guys. Any of those three winning will be fine with me.

Michelle said...

Sharon, you worded it well, DANG GOOD.

Sharon N said...

Agree Monty. There's been some pretty nice teams this season. Brothers and father/son are my favorites.

SueGee said...

My team is still in it Ashlie and Todd. My grand daughter's name is Ashley. So far they have been very polite and not ugly Americans!

SueGee said...

Remember the year someone tried to short the cabbie and he called the cops on them?

Glenn Allen said...

Sue Gee my Team is Steve and Anna Leigh. I like your team of Todd and Ashlie!

Michelle said...

I’m surprised there’s never been a serious accident. They’re speeding around in unfamiliar areas with street signs in a foreign language while driving a stick shift.

Glenn Allen said...

Thanks Michelle!

SueGee said...

I so love not having to commute/drive on the freeway every day. Going to work was usually not so bad, but the drive home was insane.

Michelle said...

I could walk to work if I wanted to. I could make a tank of gas last a whole month.

monty924 said...

I love not having to get out in the winter when there's snow and/or ice on the roads. I live on a hill and it is a ________ in the winter. Although we had a mild winter last year after I retired. I told my old co-workers they could thank me for that, lol

SueGee said...

My sister (who lives in the mitten state north of Monty) has had snow already. Not much - yet

Nickelpeed said...

I really hope the father and son are not last.

Michelle said...

I love the 4 seasons here. Even winter, thank goodness no hills. But we get a lot of lake effect snow. Summer is my least favorite season. I don’t like the heat.

Glenn Allen said...

Teams still not reading Clues is crazy!

Nickelpeed said...

I've been looking at Black Friday stuff and missing the conversations. Sorry!!

monty924 said...

Not reading the clues kills teams on the race

Michelle said...

SueGee, that must mean Monty is my Ohio neighbor. I’m in Indiana. Snow is predicted for Sunday, a dusting of an inch or so.

Jackie S. said...

My old stomping grounds near Saratoga NY got five inches of snow last night.

SueGee said...

Cardinal sins of TAR 1) Not reading clues completely 2) Not knowing how to drive stick 3) Not knowing how to swim

monty924 said...

Yes, Michelle... southern Ohio here.

Sharon N said...

Before retiring, there was a big company reorg and things were looking "iffy" for a lot of people. Although I felt ok with the reorg, I still applied with a group moving to New Mexico (same company). First time driving in snow and ice. Albuquerque gets snow, but not a huge amount, so not too bad. Loved living in NM, but only had to be there for 3 years before retiring and moving back to CA. Now my family is all in Colorado, so snow and ice again. Fortunately, CO is similar to NM... a little more here, but not bad.

Michelle said...

Monty, you’re in beautiful county, is it hilly?

Glenn Allen said...

This episode has had a lot of teams messing up because they either misplace things or don't read their Clues correctly!

Michelle said...

Sharon, I’ve been camping in Colorado mountains. I was amazed that I found seashells at our campsite on top of a mountain.

monty924 said...

Lots of mistakes on this leg of the race

Sharon N said...

Michelle, that's crazy. Although, as continents and water levels have changed over the eons, just shows anything is possible. Colorado really is beautiful. Love it here.

SueGee said...

My cousin lives in the SW corner of Colorado in the mountains and they have snow now. She is always posting pictures of the mountains.

I grew up in snow - lots of it!! Now I can go and drive for a few hours and go visit it if I feel the need.

Glenn Allen said...

My team Steve and Anna Leigh finish 3rd.

Michelle said...

I wanna hang out with the lady with the basket on her head, she seems like she’d be fun.

Sharon N said...

Breathing a sigh of relief... Rob/Corey make it in at 4th.

monty924 said...

Very hilly, Michelle.

It was nice to see the girls have fun at the end of their race.

Sharon N said...

Greg & John are cleaning up on the cash! :)

Michelle said...

It was a pleasure to send the evening with all of you. Until next week, be grateful.

Jackie S. said...

Thanks for coming by and have a great Thanksgiving!

Nickelpeed said...

Thank you, Jackie. Take a good rest!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE. Hope it's filled with blessngs.

SueGee said...

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!! See you next week!!

Nickelpeed said...

That daughter is so mean to her father. UgH!!

Sharon N said...

Thank you for hosting Jackie.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

monty924 said...

Thank you Jackie

Everyone have a great Thanksgiving tomorrow and will see you next week.

GO BUCKEYES - BEAT BLUE