Wednesday, November 15, 2023

The Amazing Race 35: A Planes, Trains and Automobiles Day - Ep. 8 Blog Party

 

I will be live-blogging and updating this post constantly as the show airs here on the East Coast. Refresh the page to get the latest updates. As always, the real blog party is in the comments. I hope to see you there!

Lifeguard SueGee has once again updated the blog pool and here's where we stand going into tonight's show:

Ashlie & Todd -- Dr Celine, NanaintheNW, SueGee
Greg & John -- Brent McKee, Jackie, Judi Sweeney
Joel & Garrett -- ChicMc, Ethan, Willie J, Jasonuwp
Morgan & Lena -- Bizaro22, Debbie in FL, Krysta
Robbin & Chelsea -- Indiana Jane, KelseyNY, MikesGirl
Rob & Corey -- marthalight, PDX Granny, Sharon N
Steve & Anna Leigh -- David, Donna in FL, Glenn Allen

Are you ready? Let's GO!

Sitting through the Previously On segment. Teams will be leaving Germany and travel to the capital city of Slovenia, a first time TAR visit to the country. Teams will be taking part in an Expedia type journey.

Greg/John, first from the last leg go to pick up flight and train tickets. They get a 4pm flight when most, if not all, will be on a 7:30pm flight. 

Ashlie thinks Slovenia is where Dracula is from. Heh. They want to slow the boys (Greg/John) down. Teams are heading towards the airport, many hoping for standby on earlier flights. Greg/John have two teams with them on the early plane -- Rob/Corey and Ashlie/Todd got standby. The three teams have a train trip planned which should bring them to Slovenia by 1am. Uh-oh ... their transfer is going to be missed!

They go back to the Vienna station they had left. The other teams should be happy to see them. All the teams are now on the same train.

The capital city which I will not try to spell is gorgeous surrounded by mountains. Teams rush to get their cars to drive to the next clue. Garrett/Joel are at the clue box first. Expedia experience -- gliding - Roadblock Who wants a birds-eye view? Find a four-letter clue from the glider. Heh ... Todd cannot do the Roadblock due to height and weight restrictions. Rob went for Corey and Rob.

Four boats on the lake with numbers on them. Rob gets 1991. The question is what year did Slovenia gain its independence. Garrett thought it was old, got it wrong. Rob got it right with 1991. They have to drive to a Planica Nordic Center for the next clue. Ashlie got it right, too. John right also. Robbin, too!

Anna Leigh and Steve got lost and Anna Leigh is acting out. I feel sorry for her father. They finally find the glider planes just as Garrett finally gets a right answer there. Lena/Morgan still there, but now finish.

Ohhh! An Express pass is available at the Nordic Centre, climb 1100 steps to get it Steepest zipline down. Ashlie/Todd go for it and miss their marked entry. Rob/Corey come across the clue for the Express pass and go for it. Todd/Ashlie realize their mistake and try to catch up to Rob/Corey. Todd/Ashlie give up. Greg/John go for it as Rob/Corey are only halfway up. The brothers bail and gave up!

Teams must ski to the top before choosing a Detour. Greg/John first to the clue box. Field Work - collect fluff and store hay or House Work - create a home for a colony of bees. Ashlie is having all kinds of issues staying up on the skis.

Rob/Corey have the Express Pass! Oh, geez ... Anna Leigh and Steve are going for the Express Pass even though it says taken! Todd/Ashlie got done with the hay first. They are on their way to a skyscraper for the next clue -- climbing up a huge spiral staircase. Rob/Corey finish the hay. Then Greg/John.

Anna Leigh and Steve make it to the top and find out the Express Pass was taken. At least they get to take the zipline down. They go for building the bee houses while Garrett and Joel are still there. They finish and leave Anna Leigh and Steve behind. Garrett/Joel have to turn around and retrieve their notebook.

The Pit Stop is the Dragon Bridge. Todd/Ashlie and Greg/John are heading towards the Pit Stop.

Pit Stop Order:
1. Greg/John - Trip for two to a country in Africa
2. Todd/Ashlie 
3. Rob/Corey
4. Garrett/Joel
5. Robbin /Chelsea
6. Anna Leigh and Steve
7. Morgan/Lena -- Philiminated

74 comments:

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and everyone again.

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie. You are so appreciated!!

Hi Glenn!!

Jackie, did something happen to Michelle?

monty924 said...

Hi again Glenn, Penny and Jackie

monty924 said...

Penny, I don't believe it was the Michelle that posted with us during BB. She spells her name different and i believe posted after Jon passed away.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi again Penny and Monty.

Judi Sweeney said...

Hi Jackie, Glenn, Penny, Monty and Everyone who comes behind me….

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Monty and Judi

Jackie S. said...

Hey, people. I know what happened to my name. Blogger emailed me that I had a legacy blog that would be shut down unless I updated the email to my gmail. I forgot I even had the blog -- 2001 when they were brand new. Somehow, it glitched me to be J. It wasn't a TV blog,BTW.

Jackie S. said...

Penny - Different Michele. Only one L. She friended me on FB.

Judi Sweeney said...

Nooooooo don’t slow my boys down! LOL…

monty924 said...

Hi Judi

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Judi!

Nickelpeed said...

Some of these challenges are so darn cool.

Michelle said...

Hi Everyone, Michelle with two LLs from the Midwest. I’m well. Sorry I haven’t been commenting, my cousin has been here for a 10 day vacation. She’s not a BB, Survivor or
TAR watcher. I was reading about Jon and other Michele passing away on the previous post. I’ll miss Jon’s humor!! I’ve read Jackie’s blog for years and just recently started to join the comments. You’re an absolutely wonderful community of people and I’m honored that you’ve made me feel welcomed. Thanks for the concern.
RIP Jon and Michele

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Michelle. I am glad you are back.

Nickelpeed said...

I was up in a piper many years ago. Made me feel sick. You feel everything. Helicopter is worse. LOL.

monty924 said...

I don't think I could do that. I'm not the best flyer, lol

Nickelpeed said...

I'm glad you are back with us Michelle!!

Glenn Allen said...

My pool team Steve and Anna Leigh in last, They got lost.

Nickelpeed said...

I'm okay on a huge plane (I think) but small planes make me queezy!

monty924 said...

Penny, I'm only good on a big plane if I'm half drunk, lol. No way could I fly in a small plane or a helicopter.

monty924 said...

What did the sister think the underline was for? I mean a nine with a line under it indicates a 9.

Michelle said...

Thanks Glenn and Penny. I can’t wait to watch Survivor, I only caught tribal council, my pool pick Kelly was voted out. I’m out of all three pools.

monty924 said...

Hey Michelle

Michelle said...

Hi Monty. I’ve missed joining in the comments!

monty924 said...

Well, I couldn't do that either. The steps - not the zipline 😁

Sharon N said...

Mom and I went on a helicopter flight in Alaska. We had fun and it was completely enclosed.
Re small planes: I was engaged to a guy with a pilot's license and a 2-seater Cessna.
I hated it. We never married. LOL

monty924 said...

Oh, I hope the father/son do this

Michelle said...

My Dad and I flew in an antique B17 bomber plane, most thrilling and dangerous thing I’ve ever done. Best ever memory with my Dad.

monty924 said...

Lol, Sharon. Don't blame you :)))

Nickelpeed said...

I would never be able t go up all those stairs. Coming down, no problem, but certainly not walk up them.

Nickelpeed said...

Michelle, that is fantastic. How lucky!!

Glenn Allen said...

When I was a Medic in the North Carolina Army National guard I had to ride in a helicopter as part of training to evacuate someone in a Helicopter.

Nickelpeed said...

Sharon, I went on a rescue helicopter in the 70's. The pilot was weaving in and out of the mountains. I thought I was going to lose it all. LOL.

I would love that zipline, though.

monty924 said...

I love that, Michelle! What a wonderful memory of you and your Dad for a lifetime.

SueGee said...

I'm with you Penny - can go down stairs, but my knee would make walking up verrrryyy slow

Michelle said...

Wow Glenn, what an experience!! Thanks for your service.

Michelle said...

Phew is right, I can walk all day, but stairs are completely different.

monty924 said...

I would love to do the zipline

monty924 said...

Jackie's a seasoned skier. I would break my neck or hip!!!

monty924 said...

Oh no... don't follow the clues

Glenn Allen said...

Steve and anna Leigh don't see that the express pass was already taken.

SueGee said...

I was at the Grand Canyon last month and I was so glad there are hop-on/hop-off buses that give a great tour without lots of hiking. Not up to it anymore,

Sharon N said...

Monty, the worst memory of that Cessna was when my oldest daughter was graduating HS.
He said we could fly into the BURBANK AIRPORT. For anyone who's never flown into Burbank, it has parallel runways. Yup, at one point, you are nose-to-nose with a Jumbo jet... before you bank and land side by side. No, just NO. YIKES

monty924 said...

IKEA beehive, lol

Glenn Allen said...

Thanks Michelle. Hi sharon.

SueGee said...

The curse of TAR - not reading the WHOLE clue.

SueGee said...

Hi Glenn. Missed saying hi last show LOL

monty924 said...

Sharon 😳

SueGee, I used to hike in the Smokeys too. Not for years now. I just can't do it anymore.

Glenn Allen said...

I don't see why my Pool Team Steve and Anna Leigh keep getting lost and don't look at the clue and sign that the express Pass was taken.

Glenn Allen said...

Lol sue Gee!

Jackie S. said...

I can't believe Anna Leigh and Steve climbed all that way. Common sense should have told them as they know they are behind most if not all teams that the Express Pass was taken.

Michelle said...

I walk an oak savanna trail everyday. Great exercise and the wildlife and scenery is beautiful. The Smokey Mt are beautiful but I think hiking in the mountains is in my past, younger days.

Sharon N said...

Yay, there are a few good helicopter experiences!
Like SueGee and Monty... no long hikes in my future anymore either (over 80 now).

Sharon N said...

Cheering for Rob/Corey and Greg/John.
Both teams are good people. :)

monty924 said...

Those are the ones I'm cheering for too, Sharon. I like both teams and my brothers are out of it.

Nickelpeed said...

SueGee, The Grand Canyon is my favorite. Glacier is gorgeous, too. I haven't been to Yellowstone, but need to go.

SueGee said...

I loved the Grand Canyon, then we went to Zion which was gorgeous too. I have not been to Yellowstone either. Its on the list along with Mt Rushmore

Nickelpeed said...

I like John and Greg; and the father and son.

monty924 said...

Anna Leigh isn't attractive with the way she talks to her Dad

monty924 said...

Let that be a lesson to never GIVE UP

Michelle said...

Monty, I agree!

Nickelpeed said...

I agree, Monty.

Thank you, Jackie.

See everyone next week, if I'm not working.

Glenn Allen said...

my Pool team Steve and Ann leigh win the Foot Race to stay in the Amazing Race!

Jackie S. said...

Thank you for coming by tonight!

Michelle said...

Thank you Jackie. See everyone next week.

Nickelpeed said...

I just realized Thanksgiving is next week!! Wow, came too fast.

monty924 said...

Thanks again Jackie. Will see everyone next week... have a great rest of the week and weekend.

SueGee said...

Night everyone. Time to watch Survivor here!

SueGee

Sharon N said...

As always, thank you Jackie.
See y'all next week!

Judi Sweeney said...

Me too Penny!!!

Judi Sweeney said...

Happy for my boys! Thank you Jackie for information on Jon and Michele. With keeping them in mind… I would feel honored if you would befriend me on Facebook in case something happens… than you can inform others. Plus I do consider you friends of mine! I am probably the oldest in here Jackie’s Blogs. My Facebook name is Judi Stephens Baccus Sweeney. I hope this is OK Jackie. I don’t want to break rules. Thank you…

Judi Sweeney said...

My above comment is also meant for all of you who feel COMFORTABLE in befriending me on Facebook. Over the years, I have gotten to consider you all my friend too… You all are special to me. I so enjoy coming into Jackie’s Blogs and greeting each of you.

Anonymous said...

Nice