Wednesday, December 06, 2023

Survivor 45: This Game Rips Your Heart Out - Ep. 11 Blog Party

 


Good evening! I still can't believe that my random blog pool pick convinced Bruce not to use his idol last week and he got the boot with it in his pocket!

A separate post for The Amazing Race will magically appear at about 9:25PM ET. So, please shift over to that post for that show. Merci.

I will be live blogging the show the best I can as it airs here on the East Coast. Refresh this page to get the latest updates. As always, the real party is in the comments area. I hope to see you there!

Lifeguard SueGee has updated the blog pool. Here's where we stand:

Emily --- ChicMc, Donna in AL, Jackie
Austin --- Pearl, Nora M, Sharon N
Drew --- Dr Celine, monty924
Jake --- Donna in FL, TS14Fan
Katurah --- Donna NY, April W
Dee --- Judi Sweeney, Brent McKee
Julie --- Andi, PDX Granny

JURY
Kaleb
Kellie
Kendra
Bruce

Survivor fans ready?

We get to see Bruce go again. It's Night 19 and we have a bunch of happy campers. They think it's epic that Bruce went home with an idol. Everyone is thrilled. Emily gets the credit, as deserved, for the Bruce boot. But will it put a target on her back now?

The Reba Four now have the majority. Dee, Austin, Drew and Julie. Ah, Dee and Austin are bonding more and more. Austin brings up the Rob/Amber marriage. Dee says she came out there saying no showmances, but that doesn't mean she can't have fun.

Jake is a bit sad. He's hoping he's not the backup vote again as he talks to Katurah. Katurah, who is a lawyer herself, pretends to be interested in Jake's lawyer work. Julie joins them. Katurah tells them her backstory of being taken out of school in the 5th grade as her parents were in a religious cult. She tells us she decided she would be a lawyer who advocates for Black people as she knows the need.

A boat is approaching the camp. They all go to greet it. Jake takes a note -- one person must go on a journey. He told us he wanted to go. The person drawing the green rock goes. Whoops. That's Emily! She goes.

Julie thinks Emily is building an amazing resume. Drew agrees. Drew proposes Julie do something with the idol to get some clout. Of course, it's the idol Austin gave her because he thought she was in trouble. But she thinks of it as her idol. Julie thinks Drew is going to be one taking shots first with the Reba crew. Dee also thinks that there's a crack in Drew ... named Emily. She wants to target her next.

Emily lands on a shore where there is a sign to trek down the course to make her decision. She comes to a couple of tables with a puzzle. Four tried and failed, how about you? If she does it, she cannot be voted out. If she fails, she loses her vote. She decides she cannot risk her vote and leaves without solving the puzzle.

Drew tries to get intel from Jake and Katurah. Drew thinks Julie has to go. Katurah seems to agree with him. She tells us she would like to blindside Julie. She talks to Austin about it. Austin agrees that no one should go to the end with Mama J. Katurah suggests Julie, then Emily. Austin talks to Drew, maybe Emily then Julie? But Drew is close with Emily. But will Dee be accepting of the decision?

Emily arrives back and tells them about not completing the puzzle. Dee doesn't trust her, thinks she's lying. She talks to Drew. He tells her Julie wants her out but they want Julie out. A lot of them are coming to Emily and telling her they want Julie out. Has Emily fixed her bad start in the game?

Day 21. Immunity Challenge time! Attached to a rope, untangle, obstacle course, puzzle. Reward is a hamburger cookout.


Drew and Austin in the lead.

DREW WINS IMMUNITY! Drew chooses Jake as he hasn't had a reward in a while. Then he chooses Austin. The three will have their own BBQ. The others will go back to camp but cannot partake. Dee is worried that the guys may change the goal to keep Reba Four together.

Julie thinks that it's fine that Drew took the boys. The women decide to have a spa day in the ocean. Katurah says it's uncomfortable as they are planning to go after Julie or Emily. They talk about their buffs. They talk about Jake.

Drew wants to try to build a relationship with Jake. They talk about Emily and Julie being targets. They seem to all be on the same page with Julie being more dangerous. They need to keep Dee out of the loop and no way can Julie find out because she would use the idol. It's really bothering Austin to betray Dee.

He decides to talk to Dee. Dee tells him they were thinking Emily. He talks potential ways to the end and Julie. Nooo ... she says and we cut to commercial.

He tells her it's a strong movement against her and everyone seems to want it. Dee tells him that she won't write her name down. She thinks it's too soon. She wants to know why Emily is not an option and it's numbers. Dee tells us she's going to play this game with heart. 

Dee tells Julie that she needs to play the idol tonight. Julie is mad that the others are wanting to blindside her. Julie tells Jake and Emily they could make a move ... Katurah. Wait, write Austin. Emily tells Drew about the conversation with Julie. He knows someone told her. Austin admits to Drew he told Dee. Julie tells Dee she wants to write Austin's name down, not Emily.

And it's Tribal Council time! Night 21. Talk about getting to the end, relationships, etc. Emily points out that everybody brought bags full as no one feels safe. Everybody is close now in the game. Talk of idols. Time to vote. Looks like most are voting Julie. Dee votes Julie and says to play the damn idol. We do not see Julie's vote.

Julie plays the idol for herself. Austin does NOT play his.

Julie, Julie, Julie, Julie, Julie, Julie, Julie, Emily.

Aw, Julie apologizes to Emily and Emily takes it fine.

84 comments:

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and Everyone who follows!

monty924 said...

Hello Jackie, Glenn and all who follows!

Jackie S. said...

Hey, folks!

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Monty. Thanks Jackie!

Glenn Allen said...

Jackie will you be watching or hosting the Big Brother Show Santa Games that comes on in December.

Glenn Allen said...

Emily told about her Bruce plan and taking credit for the move.

monty924 said...

There's the Mafia again. First BB now Survivor...

Glenn Allen said...

Very interesting showing the Boston Rob and Amber flashback.

Michelle said...

Hi Glenn, Monty and Jackie.
Please no showmance!!

monty924 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Glenn Allen said...

Hi Michelle. Yes it is Monty!

Joe in NY said...

Hi folks

monty924 said...

Hey Michelle

Jackie S. said...

Did you know Jeff is 62 now?

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie, thank you so much for your unending work. It's greatly appreciated.

Hi Glenn, Monty and Michelle.

I couldn't imagine being n a cult. Yikes!

Jackie S. said...

Glenn - I won't be blogging it. I could set up posts on show nights if people want. I'm not a huge challenges/comps person.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Joe!

Nickelpeed said...

I'm a very depressed woman today. My tour company cancelled the tour I was on to Australia. We can get a full refund. Now, have to work on the flights. I was so looking forward to this. It's been my dream place for 50 years.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Penny, I can understand that Jackie!

monty924 said...

Hi Joe

Glenn Allen said...

Wow Penny. I hate that for you Penny!

Michelle said...

Hi Joe and Penny.

monty924 said...

Hi Penny. That's horrible about your trip. Maybe it can be rescheduled for another date.

Glenn Allen said...

Emily draws the Green Rock to go on a Journey.

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Joe!!!

SueGee said...

Howdy everyone!! Still cooking dinner here so will be along sooner or later.

Penny - so sorry to hear about your tour. That is on my short bucket list...

Squeegee

Michelle said...

So sorry Penny. Australia would be wonderful to visit except for the snakes and huntsmen spiders.

monty924 said...

Lol, Drew calls Julia Gollum :)))

Glenn Allen said...

So Julie has decided not to give Austin back his Idol. I wonder why we didn't see that talk of not returning the Idol.

Michelle said...

Hi Sue, what’s for dinner. Your dinners always sound good and I’ve already eaten.

Nickelpeed said...

I hope so, monty. Every Australian Safari (that's what they called it) has been cancelled until late September. I don't want September. The Whale Shark is there in May. I had all the flights scheduled. I'm trying to convince my husband to going anyway and just taking excursions. We'll see.

monty924 said...

Hey Squeegee

Nickelpeed said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nickelpeed said...

Hi SueGee

monty924 said...

They won't believe you Emily.

Glenn Allen said...

That was not good that Emily did not try for Immunity when people are discussing voting her out.

SueGee said...

Michelle, tonight it is baked pork chops with fresh peas and rice. Nothing special

monty924 said...

Had my annual eye exam yesterday and had to get bifocals this time... :(((

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Sue Gee! I didn't see you earlier.

Glenn Allen said...

I I am sorry about that Monty. Will Austins old Idol come back to hurt him.

Glenn Allen said...

No one is believing you Emily!

Petals said...

Popped in to say I love you guys. I'm with friends watching the debate...

Michelle said...

Monty, I wear trifocals. Needed them for my job, but I’m now retired and don’t think I could get used to bifocals. Dinner sounds good Sue. I’m counting carbs, so peas and rice are no nos. I can have five pork chops though. :)

SueGee said...

I do have one of those Costco-sized tins of sugar cookies if anyone is interested. I also have some Bud's Egg Nog but no booze.

Jackie S. said...

I went through bifocals. The day I got them I sat at a red light tilting my head up and down - clear, blurry, clear. Watch it on stairs.

Since I had the cataract surgeries, I don't need glasses except cheap readers for small print.

Jackie S. said...

I heard Costco has a craft beer advent calendar. Now, that would be fun!

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Petals1

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Petals!!!

monty924 said...

I hope I can get used to these. I got the gradual/no line so hopefully it won't be too hard to adjust to them.

Jackie, I'd love a craft beer advent calendar.

monty924 said...

Hey Petals

Petals said...

Monty - your eyes will adjust quickly. Ride it out, lol.
Hey everyone!!

Nickelpeed said...

Monty, I've worn bifocals for years. I do hate them. They have bifocal contacts, too. However, many people wear one bifocal contact and one regular. You can actually see better.

Glenn Allen said...

This is a hard challenge.

SueGee said...

First pair takes a while to get used to, but they sure are better than the alternative.

monty924 said...

Way to go DREW!!!

SueGee said...

A guy my husband used to work with had to get trifocals. He was a carpenter and had to do work above his head sometimes and needed trifocals to see above his head!!

Nickelpeed said...

Also, Monty, progressives are much better. I tried the lines the first time and almost killed myself. Progressives have no line and it makes it easier.

monty924 said...

Lol... now it's the guys turn for reward.

Glenn Allen said...

Drew wins Immunity and Takes Jake and Austin on reward.

monty924 said...

Austin will screw this up

Jackie S. said...

Do people want me to put up posts for y'all to discuss the BB Reindeer Game shows?

Glenn Allen said...

Jackie I would like you to make the Reindeer Game post.

Jackie S. said...

I won't be blogging the shows, per se. But I can put up posts on show nights for y'all to talk about them.

monty924 said...

That would be nice, Jackie. Thanks!

Petals said...

I'd like the Reindeer Game blog, but I know you're stretched thin, Ms Jackie

SueGee said...

I might stop by if I remember - but the show is on 3 hours later and without Ms Jackie's descriptions I will be lost... Oh well, I might watch the first night and say no more!!!

monty924 said...

I knew it! Austin should have never told Dee.

Glenn Allen said...

monty I agret hat Austin should not have told Dee, He should have known Dee would tell Julie. Julie now wants Austin out. The Idol Austin gave Julie a couple Tribals ago could cause him troubble!

monty924 said...

Yep, Glenn.

monty924 said...

It's probably bye bye Austin

monty924 said...

Play your idol Austin

SueGee said...

Maybe another leaves with the idol in their pocket?

Nickelpeed said...

Dang it!!!

monty924 said...

WOW - I thought she'd take out Austin

Glenn Allen said...

Emily voted out. She wasted her chance for Immunity by not playing the Puzzle.

monty924 said...

Thanks again Jackie. I'm heading next door to the TAR pool.

SueGee said...

Looks like another loss for Jackie!

Jackie S. said...

The TAR post is up.

Michelle said...

Emily was Jackie’s pool pick. She won’t win the trifecta now.

Jackie S. said...

SueGee - Still closer than most years!

Nickelpeed said...

Thank you, Jackie.

See everyone next week. And, see those who watch TAR, see you there.

Nickelpeed said...

Wait until it slips Dee told Julie.

Sharon N said...

Jumping in to say Hi.
I can't believe my pool boy Austin spilled the beans to Dee!! geez
Got concerned with all the convo about booting him instead.
A shame about Emily... she was smart. Maybe too smart!

Anonymous said...

Was sorry Emily was out if only for you Jackie, otherwise I was happy. 😃
Dr. Celine