Wednesday, January 11, 2006

New 'Survivor' Castaways: A Closer Look at Tina Scheer


Ohhh... looks like we've got a contender here!

Tina Scheer was originally accepted to be on last season's cast. However, the death of her only child in a car accident a week before she was to leave postponed it. She says her son would want her to follow her dreams, so she's a castaway on 'Survivor: Panama - Exile Island.'

She's been into logging activities since the age of seven. I took a quick peek on the web and found tons of results for her name -- like this page. I'd daresay she may be one of the toughest women competitors ever seen on the show in the area of physical endurance. Plus, it's 'Survivor' -- tree climbing can only help!

In her bio on the CBS website, they say "In addition to touring the country, she has traveled to Australia ten times with her exhibitions. She also traveled to South Africa, Germany and New Zealand. She has been featured in CBS's Challenge of the Sexes, MTV's Real World, National Geographic, Sports Illustrated and Women's Sport & Fitness."

Okay, I'm impressed. She's comfortable in the woods and is a natural for the show on a physical level. If her people manipulative skills are as strong as her physical skills, the rest of the cast will be toast. Ah, but how are her people skills? I'm going to peek at her favorites on the CBS website to try to get a glimpse into her personality...

Favorite video game is Pacman? Well, that shows she not only lives in the past, but likes to consume others to win.

Favorite TV show is 'Law and Order' -- hmm, she should have mentioned 'Survivor' in there. But, this is a good sign anyway. She will have a sense of right and wrong.

Favorite music? Again, living in the past, but good stuff. Chaka Khan, Chaka Kahn. Motown and old R&B. Love the stuff myself, so she has good taste. ;-)

No favorite books? Well, golly... is she up in trees too much to read or what?

She has good taste in foods, for the most part. Anyone who favors anything chocolate is good people.

My overall prediction for Tina Scheer on the show? I wouldn't be surprised if she makes it to the Final Four and think she could possibly take it all. Now, this is just from poking around the web, not anything to do with possible spoilers. It's my own opinion based on her bio, background and favorites. I could be dead wrong. She may have the type of personality which makes her an automatic target to go away quickly. But, it's always interesting to look back at the end of the season to see how my predictions went. Last season I was spot on with quite a few! This season seems to have a very strong cast. I'll be peeking at each new castaway between now and the season premiere night.

What do you think? Where would you rank Tina's show finale time? What are your impressions of her?


More blogs about television.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Jackie! I'm glad I have your blogs set up with my AOL Alerts or I would miss everything. :(
Just added your new link to my toolbar. Sorry, I'm so absent...RL is just leaving me with no puter time most days. Keep up the good work. In spite of my absence, I'm still one of your biggest fans.
Take good care!
Luv, Linda~
xoxo

Jackie S. said...

Yay! Linda/Zoetawny! :-)

I'll probably keep making entry announcements in the AOL Journals as the AOL Alerts work well for AOL members.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jackie, A great idea for you to Talk TV in one place. I have a comfy new sofa and am waiting for the season to get started again. Sue

Jackie S. said...

All we need are snacks! Good to see you, Sue! :-)