Wednesday, December 13, 2006

'Amazing Race 10' 'Bama Mom's Home Burglarized

On The Amazing Race 10, we found out that Lyn Turk is a strong-willed woman who really didn't let much get in her way. Not as outspoken as her team member Karlyn, Lyn was easier for fans to enjoy.

After all, both women had a lot of gumption to make it as the first all-female team ever to be in the Final Three on the show. And, I didn't see too much going really easy for them. Despite any qualms about their outspoken and blunt ways, they ran a good race and went much farther than I ever thought they would go.

One of the aspects which drove the team is that both women are single mothers, making it on their own.

Now the fame of being on the show may have made things a bit tougher for Lyn and her family. According to their local CBS affiliate in Alabama, Lyn's house was burglarized and it looks like the thieves took everything they could get.

An excerpt from the WIAT TV article I read:

Last week, just days before traveling to New York for the finale weekend, she came home to find her house in shambles.

"The house was wide open. Someone had forced their way through the front door, everything was in the floor, nothing was untouched, even food out of the cabinets, and taken the plumbing from under the house," said Turk.

The burglars had busted through two sets of doors to enter the home, and pillaged nearly everything inside.

"They literally pulled out everything. I mean its stuff out the closet, stuff out the drawers, it was stuff in this cabinet and you can see where they dusted for prints over there," said Turk.

Numerous items were stolen, including her son's play-station, and valuable copper pipes under the home.

Sigh, how horrible is that just before the holidays? She didn't win a heck of a lot of money on the show coming in third. Yet, the bit of fame cost her so much.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Jackie -- I reread the list of Winnings for TAR you glened from ask.com... when it got down to $3000 -- we are to assume that each TEAM gets that, or each contestant... ? But with perks liek cow lips (and teeth bits and chin hair) who's complainin?

I actually wish I could find a way to send Lyn something. I had more problems with her partner. maybe she's insured? I guess someone realized she'd be away all that time and took up on the oppportunity to ransack the house. Unbelieveable!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Lyn being robbed. Sounds like a jealous creep who can't stand to see someone else get a little ahead. I say little, since they didn't really win. I'm with you Sydney... I hope they had insurance.

Thanks for the information Jackie.

Anonymous said...

Delee --I'm glad to hear someone else is watching N/T! I too missed the show and have it on TIVO. It's the season finale and I caught snippets of it and it looks good -- there's a musical number in it with all the characters singing. And a nice little ending. I don't know that anyone is checking at the Nip/Tuck meet up anymore.

Jackie S. said...

Sydney - Since the million is for the team, not the individuals, I think all are for teams. I felt bad when I read the news about Lyn, too.