Well, I don't think Dave can beat last week's Clint Eastwood appearance on the show. Dang, that guy is holding up so well and he's on shows too infrequently to really get to "know" him. It was neat to see him as himself, not a movie character. He joked about a Dirty Harry sequel and fancied himself chasing criminals in his walker, although he looks like he's in great shape. The Late Show website has a clip of that bit if you wish to take a gander.
Set to guest this week on the Holiday Pants:
- Monday, Dec. 18: Frank Caliendo, Ben Stiller (promoting Night at the Museum), musical guest Rodrigo y Gabriela.
- Tuesday, Dec. 19: Beyonce (promoting Dreamgirls), Marv Albert and comedian Marc Maron. I've never heard of the comedian, but Marv Albert and Beyonce are a rather scary combination. I guess it's good they won't sit together. If we're talking Dreamgirls, I'd rather see the American Idol finalist Jennifer Hudson in an interview as she's also starring in the movie. Beyonce never really rocked my world. Um, neither did Marv Albert, but I do like his sports bloopers clips.
- Wednesday, Dec. 20: Holiday Toy Demo and Renee Zellweger (Miss Potter). That's it? Hey! Now the Toy Demo is always a fun bit, but there's got to be more to the show!
- Thursday, Dec. 21: Tom Brokaw (Tom Brokaw Reports: In the Shadow of the American Dream) and musical guests Cold War Kids (Robbers & Cowards). Speaking of yet another man who is aging well...
- Friday, Dec. 22: Cate Blanchett (Notes On a Scandal), Annual Christmas Tree Football Toss with Jay Thomas and Darlene Love in her Annual Christmas appearance. Oh, no! This is the holiday show and, unless my mind has gone a'fishing, the tree isn't even up yet! It's a show not to be missed, but have I gone batty? Did I miss the tree set-up somehow? Is it going to be put up this week? It seems it went up earlier in past seasons! Maybe the meatball and pizza go bad. I guess we'll see.
Oh, and just in case you're interested -- The Late Show is accepting applicants for both Stupid Pet and Stupid Human tricks. The information is up on the website. Me? Well, I could just go and say "my life" as a Stupid Human Trick, but I doubt they'd accept that. I have a cat who meows at each and every glance, but he wouldn't fare well with an audience, so that's out. I guess I'll just have to watch other stupid humans and stupid pets, eh?