Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Important TV Dates - Mark Your Calendars

I'm not listing these in any particular order, not chronological, not even alphabetical. I'm just in a random kind of mood, I guess.

Heroes - NBCHeroes will return at 9 PM ET/PT on Monday, January 22. Are you on the list? The show certainly makes my list. If you want to check out some preview sneak peek videos, head over to the NBC Heroes website. If you missed an episode, they are also streaming all previous episodes there if your connection can handle it. You can even read the online graphic novel adaptation at the site. What are you waiting for? The cheerleader was saved, but what about the world?

American Idol has a two-night four-hour premiere -- Tuesday, January 16 and Wednesday, January 17. Two hours each night starting at 8 PM ET/PT. Right now on the official AI website, they have videos of some of the auditions held this past summer. No, you won't see me on there. I refuse to be on the list.

No date has been announced for Survivor 14: Fiji, but CBS has indicated it will premiere in February. In past seasons, it's usually around the time of the SuperBowl. Likewise, no date has been announced for The Amazing Race 11: All Stars, but that usually starts two or three weeks after Survivor.

24 (which I don't watch but many of you do) will air at 8 PM ET/PT on Sunday and Monday, January 14 and 15 in a two-night four-hour premiere much like fellow FOX show American Idol. The official FOX 24 site has some neat links to cool stuff like Stephen King's take on the new season. Huh. I guess he was on the list and got to see it ahead of time!
Lost - ABC
Lost will find its way back to our television sets at the new hour of 10 PM ET/PT on Wednesday, February 7th. They promise 16 new episodes in a row. Should we faint now? The ABC Lost site has lots of newsy bits and some sneak peeks available.

The O.C. will air its last episode on February 22.

Dancing With the Stars will have a March debut, no date announced at this time. Spring 2007 is as close as I can get with the new season of The Bachelor, but it's slated to appear.

Jericho (CBS) returns on February 21 at 8 PM ET/PT. Their website has ongoing tidbits for those who are missing the show. Right now the focus seems to be on who's spying on the spies.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jackie -- you read my mind -- in which case this might be an ep of Medium...but, nah. Been wanting to know when the new shows will start up again and was trying to piece it all together from various ads and reviews in mags. Better to come here and get it all in one place.

Curious if you've ever watched Dexter, and if so what you think. I know, not enough time in the day, and it seems cable shows are not so much mentioned here, but it has gotten several award nods. I've got it on Cable on Demand so I'm going to catch up on it as soon as I finish the final few back-eps of the L word now. (Yes, my viewing interests are BROAD! @@)

Jackie S. said...

Sydney - I've heard a lot of good things about Dexter, but I don't have Showtime - just basic cable. So I've never seen it, nor have I seen The Sopranos. (Sniffle) I forgot to put Jericho in the list. I'll have to add it in. My viewing is a bit broad, too. But if I added On Demand or premium channels, I'd never get any sleep between work and TV!

Anonymous said...

The "Sopranos" will start with the pilot tonight at 9PM on A & E. They bought the rights to be the rerun channel for this. So there you go Jackie and for all who have not seen it.

PS President's speech will not affect A & E.
So ready for the new episodes to begin thank you for the update.

Anonymous said...

I guess one of the reasons I like Jackie's blog so much is that she writes mostly about shows I can receive with my rabbit ears antenna. A lot of us on a fixed income cannot afford cable. Thanks Jackie.

Anonymous said...

Yes...our favorites are coming back. 24 looks exciting once again. Gotta say, it's one of the best. Also, don't forget... Greys Anatomy starts again thursday night (tomorrow). Reminding you now Jackie to remind everyone. I know it's hard to believe, but everyone may not be reading my comments so they might miss GA if you don't tell them. Smile!

Yvonne DeCarlo died, age 84... Mrs. Munster for those of you who don't remember her from the movies. She was also Moses wife in 10 Commandments.

Thanks for the updates Jackie... I'm going to start to Tivo Supranos tonight. Hope it doesn't interfere with any of my other shows, once they all come back. I'd really like to watch it from the beginning.

Nuf for now!

Anonymous said...

do you know if the wednesday night american idol show will be aired again? i missed it and forgot to tape it... could you tell me if it will rerun? Debra email me back
sowaseed1@hotmail.com