Thursday, February 01, 2007

Whatever Will I Watch Tonight? - Thursday, Feb. 1, 2007

Although the first thing I'll be mentioning here really comes on last, to me, it's the most important.

The Late Show with David Letterman. I mention it not only because it's a new show and the previous shows this week were repeats, but it's also Dave's 25th Anniversary on late night television. I'm sure we can expect highlights from (hopefully) the old NBC show and definitely from the CBS show. Bill Murray, who was the first guest on the NBC show (Late Night with David Letterman) in 1982 and also his first guest on the current show, will be on tonight. LeBron James (NBA) is also on. Be there with pants-o-plenty!

In the 8 PM ET/PT time slot, CBS has a repeat of C.S.I.; NBC has new episodes of My Name is Earl and The Office; FOX has new episodes of 'Til Death and The War at Home; ABC has a new Ugly Betty. CW is airing a new Smallville. Betty gets my personal vote for the hour.

9 PM ET/PT brings us a new C.S.I. on CBS; NBC has fresh Scrubs and 30 Rock. FOX is airing a new The O.C. (four more to go, I think). ABC has a new Grey's Anatomy while CW has a new Supernatural. Is this TIVO time? Also, BET has its "new" episode of The Wire (repeated Saturday evening). I'm following that last one, but catch it on the repeat (of the repeat, but it's all new to HBO-less me). I'll watch C.S.I.

In the 10 PM ET/PT hour, there are still plenty of new episodes for us! Shark (CBS), ER (NBC), Men in Trees (ABC) are all brand-spanking new. USA has a new Nashville Star, too. MTV has a new Juvies, but I haven't a clue about that one. Juvenile delinquents? I don't know.

Warm that set up and settle in for the night!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am settling in for my ALL NEW Thursday!! Yeah!! :)

8pm Betty!
9pm Greys
10pm ER

And then finish it off with Dave!

This is a great night. . .

dla

PS: Jackie, have you ever been able to get tickets to see Dave? I have tried about 8 times when I was going to be in New York, or was already in New York, and have yet to make it in. :(

Jackie S. said...

dla - I never tried to get tickets. A few times when I was nearby while they were taping I hung around out by the Roseland watching the activities. One time someone threw firecrackers off the roof where Miss Saigon was playing and we were inundated with tons of cops because some people thought it was gunfire. @@

Sydney said...

Watched ugly Betty -- interesting to see how each episode evolves as a show's producers realize it's a hit. Sometimes story lines can get too hyped up, as make up, hair and wardrobe ( and the budget for them) improve as well (look how the first season of Sex and the City change from the second to the 4th or 6th in terms of hair/wardobe alone)... this can expand the quality of a show and deepen it's characters, or steer a good thing wrong.

It just seemed to be trying too hard with too much development in too many story lines all at once tonight. I hope it can calm down and get back to tackling a few less items with a tad less freneticness in the weeks to come.

Tried watching Men in Trees as several regulars here said they watched it. Maybe I'm getting old and would relate more if I were early 30 something, but I had to turn it off. At least I tried!

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh,got my new computer up and running and what a night to do that. Thursday has to be my favorite night for TV right now.I cannot believe how many applications are not ready for this new Vista system from Microsoft,it's not like they didn't know it was coming!!

Watched Ugly Betty at 8,and though it does seem to be changed a little,liked the story line with the conflict between Betty and Hilda. I thought Betty dressed much nicer this epi and of course,the return of Alex(Alexis) was a hoot!

Tried to watch some of CSI,but just miss Grissom too much and got sucked into the drama on GA. I have an aunt and an uncle in the last stages of Alzheimer's and the scenes with Meredith's Mom were very hard to take indeed.

I wanted to watch MIT,but ER was just too good tonight. The storyline w/Forest Tucker ended tonight,as well as the John Stamos character's storyline heating up and Pratt going to jail and Sam's kid setting that fire!! Yikes,what drama tonight!!

Gonna pass on late night,my head hurts from all this techie stuff with this computer. Night all!!

Jackie S. said...

Sharon - Congratulations on the new computer! You should have watched CSI... Grissom was in there for a few minutes. The promos for next week have him in there and... get this, Keppler is being sought by the team like a criminal of some sort! It looks like the Grissom sabbatical was much shorter than I thought it would be.

Anonymous said...

Yay.glad to hear it!! I did catch a few minutes and Gil was writing to Sara......any idea what he wrote or he even sent the letter???

Anonymous said...

On the Gil letter, I only caught two words "miss you." I can't believe people still write letters instead of emailing.

Justene

Anonymous said...

Okay Sharon, that would be Forest Whitaker on ER. Forest Tucker of F Tropp fame died in 1986.

Jackie S. said...

As for Grissom's letter, it sounded like he wasn't planning to return. Plus, it blurred now and then as if he was having problems seeing (remember, he's had issues). I don't believe he mailed it. It was if he blanked out on her address. But, in light of the promos, it sounds like he makes a full return.

Anonymous said...

Duh.....thanks Susan....of course it was Forest whitaker. I knew that....I did....I swear I did...LOL!! I think he's about to win an Oscar for his role in "The Last King of Scotland" too,although I have not seen the film,I hear he is brilliant in it.
A nice atricle in this week's People magazine about him and his family. He seems to be a very hard worker!I'll try to keep my actors straight,but there are those "senior moments",ya know!!