Saturday, June 30, 2007

'Big Brother 8' - CBS Show Website Now Updated

Jackie's TV Blog, BB8, Big Brother 8

The official CBS Big Brother 8 show website has been updated, but I don't think it's quite finished right now.


However, they have the favorites lists up for the new hamsters!

So, let's take a gander...

I'm finding this all a bit odd. Usually when the website pops up, it looks complete. This season, it's going up piecemeal for some reason. There also seems to be a huge difference between the hamsters themselves.

For example, Amber's page versus Carol's page. Amber's is to the point of being loquacious while Carol has barely answered the questions. Also, what's the "bio_soft" in the URL? I've never seen that during previous seasons. Will we have a "bio_hard" soon?

Eric seems to be a reality television show buff and I like his choice of cookies. I always look at their cookies, y'know. I find them very telling. Entenmann's chocolate chip is a fine choice indeed. Anyone liking them (or Freihofer's of the same ilk) has to be a good person. Right? With the exception of listing Pee Wee's Big Adventure in his film choices, he's fairly spot on with some of my own favorites.

Although she's the odd man out (or woman, that is), Kail lists Big Brother in her favorite shows. She might know what she's getting into. But, I don't know. She also lists "work" as her favorite hobby. So it's unlikely that she has been into the whole aspect of the show from the feeds standpoint. I've never just watched the show -- I've always had the feeds from the house, too. If she's just watched the show on television due to her personal love of work, she may be in for a surprise. Right now, she's a bit like a fish out of water -- conservative, married and a mother, and older (if you can be "older" at 37). I think she's going to be one to watch. She'll either really clash and crash, or she'll be so out of any in-fighting that she'll go under the radar.

I find Jameka's favorite list interesting. She lists Big Brother in capital letters, no less. She's also a big reality television buff with some of the shows I enjoy. Looking at her list, I see a lot of diversity. I think perhaps the promos might have overplayed the "99%" of interactions with only black folks angle. I mean, sheesh... she likes John Mayer and The Golden Girls. She'll do fine interacting with any normal white folks, I'm sure.

But then there's Dick. Oh, my. His favorites list looks fairly normal. But I've read his MySpace page -- this guy is the one who's "out there." If you go to the MySpace page, beware... there's very adult content there. How can he look so normal on his Big Brother page? He even lists Cocoa Pebbles as a favorite! What an innocent, huh?

Now, Executive Producer Allison Grodner said that Joe is the one who's "out there." Other than some bands and musicians I've never heard of, Joe's favorites list is rather tame. In lieu of Cocoa Pebbles, he likes Fruity Pebbles. He seems to be into the clubs scene, but that's not surprising me.

I'll be looking more into these favorite lists as time goes on. I may have to do personality profiles from their favorite cereals. That, of course, is quite a science in and of itself.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jackie! I can hardly contain myself! Its time, its really time!!
Cant wait to snoop and share with the gang as we get into BB again...thanks again for all you do!!
Terry in CA (where its 108 degrees lately)

dla said...

Fascinating!!

"hiking in rainforests, jumping off waterfalls" are interesting outdoor activity favorites...

Lindsay Lohan and Jessica Simpson are interesting choices for favorite actress...

Many of the favorite drink choices (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) were quite interesting... Some I have never even heard of! Mocha iced tea? The things in life I must be missing!! lol

Anonymous said...

i aggree from both of u.

Anonymous said...

Well, they've shared their lists so what do you say we share ours?

Here's mine: A League of Their Own, Lost, Cary Grant, Toni Colette, Gardening, Curling, Winter Olympics, Travel, Elton John, Rehab by Amy Winehouse, Blackened Salmon, Shredded Wheat, Chocolate Crinkles, See's Candy, Chocolate Martinis, & Cranberry Juice.

Deanna said...

~Oh Lili, I love Amy Winehouse. Her music is just soooooo awesome.

~Im really interested to see how the daddy and estranged daughter thing will play out...Also can't wait to see the shock on some of their faces when their rivals enter the house. ;)

~Jackie, I love all the goodies you find to keep us entertained till the big day. GREAT JOB!!!!(as usual) :)

Anonymous said...

Great idea, lili! Here's my list of favorites...that was fun!

~Clementine

FILMS:
His Girl Friday, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Gone with the Wind
TV SHOWS:
Lost, Firefly, Profit, American Gothic
ACTORS:
Cary Grant, Tom Hanks, Cole Hauser, Jake Gyllenhaal, Joseph Cotton
ACTRESSES:
Elizabeth Mitchell, Meryl Streep, Doris Day, Reese Witherspoon
HOBBIES:
Reading, Gardening, Internet surfing
SPORTS TO PLAY:
Volleyball, softball
SPORTS TEAMS:
Pittsburgh Steelers, Houston Astros
OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES:
Concerts, festivals
BANDS/MUSICIANS:
The Band, U2, INXS, Killers, Foo Fighters, Susan Tedeschi, Michael Buble, Dixie Chicks, Fleetwood Mac
SONGS/CDS:
Rachel McCartney “Interim”, Green Day “American Idiot”, Urban Cowboy Soundtrack, Kelly Clarkson “Breakaway”, Alison Krauss “The Lucky One”
FOODS:
Ben&Jerry’s Dublin Mudslide Ice Cream, Gia Russa’s Hot Sicilian Spaghetti Sauce, Chocolate Peanut Butter Meltaway Cake, Four Cheese Pizza
CEREALS:
Kashi (all varieties)
COOKIES:
Oreo’s
CANDY BARS:
Snickers, Double Dark Chocolate Truffles
ALCOHOLIC DRINKS:
Wine, Raspberry Daiquiris
NON-ALCOHOLIC:
Iced Tea, Orange Juice, Mountain Dew

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the long post above, LOL! It looked a lot shorter when I copied it from Word :)

Also wanted to say, I was looking at Kail's favorites cause she's my age, so I'll probably be rooting for her in the house of young'uns. Like Jackie said, the favorite hobby of "work" is telling, but also she has no favorite alcoholic drink. Since this usually turns into the house of drunken revelry, I'm a little worried for her :))

~Clementine

Anonymous said...

I have more in common with Dick than anyone else. This is scary!!

I've never even heard of half the bands most of those younguns have on their favorites. I'm soooo old!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yea, I forgot...

I hope someone tells Daniele she looks just like her dad. Did anyone else notice that?

Anonymous said...

Hey Clementine! Chocolate peanut butter meltaway cake sounds like the best dessert ever! Do you have a recipe?
And now back to Big Brother...

Anonymous said...

To Anon at 8:47pm:
It is the best dessert ever!! ENJOY!
~Clementine

CHOC PEANUT BUTTER MELTAWAY CAKE

2 c. sugar
2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 sticks butter
1 c. water
3 tbsp. cocoa
2 eggs
2 tbsp. vanilla
1/2 c. sour cream
1 c. peanut butter
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 stick butter
6 tbsp. milk
3 tbsp. cocoa
1 lb. powdered sugar
2 tsp. vanilla

Combine sugar, flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.

Bring to a boil: 2 sticks butter, water, and 3 tbsp. cocoa. Remove from heat and add flour mixture, eggs, 2 tbsp. vanilla and sour cream. Mix and pour into 13x9 pan and bake 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool.

Leave cake in pan. Mix peanut butter and oil. Spread over cooled cake. Refrigerate 20-30 minutes.

Bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes stirring constantly: 1 stick butter, milk, 3 tbsp. cocoa. Remove from heat and add powdered sugar and 2 tbsp. vanilla. Spread over peanut butter cake.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Clementine!

Anonymous said...

Darnit, how did I forget Paul Newman???

Favorite Actor: PAUL NEWMAN!!!

~Clementine