Friday, June 29, 2007

'Big Brother 8' - Julie Chen on 'The Late Show with David Letterman'

Now that Robin Williams took up the major portion of the show (after the regular tomfoolery), it's time for the Chenbot.

Er, that's after a dozen commercials. At least one was for Big Brother 8 with the new houseguests.

Or not... now Robin Williams is doing an Alan Kalter skit. Hey, Dave... ten minutes to go. I want Julie Chen! Well, not on a personal level, y'see. I want her to be on the show already!

More commercials. I't now 12:29. The show ends at 12:37 here. Argh.

Sheesh. This is going to be an almost bump by the time the commercials end. It's now 12:32.

Finally...! Paul is playing Stevie Wonder's "Big Brother." They're talking about seasickness. Why are they talking cruises? Doesn't she have a show to promote? The show now. "Mostly felons, right?" Dave asks. "Just that one year."

Brief talk about the house. Two twists. She's telling about the person designated America's Player. She suggested something like the viewers wanting so-and-so to start a showmance as an example. Feed talk now. A schedule mention and that's it. She didn't even mention the "enemies" twist.

If you missed it, don't feel bad. I knew Robin Williams would monopolize the time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will I never learn? Stayed up late to watch the Chenbot, and like Jackie said, Robin W. took all the time. Now one more post before I go to bed to wake up tired tomorrow. (Should've just read Jackie's recap in the morning!)

I could be reading way to much into this (I've been know to do that) but I think Dave doesn't have much patience for the boss's wife. But I love when he makes total farce of the CBS show he's been told to promote. The last question to Julie cracked me up. "So, the show's on Friday nights?" Uh, no Dave. And I think he already knew that :)

I have to mention my favorite skit tonight was the running count of "Inaccuracies" (uh, lies) in the Paris Hilton interview with Larry King. Dang, that was spot-on and hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Anon 1:01 AM

I also share in your disappointment in re: Julie Chen - I so looked forward to her appearance tonight thinking she would share more than she did on Big Brother 8. Then I thought that they have pixs of the house and have posted more than what she did share already online. Gayle

dla said...

The Chenbot was a snooze...

Every time she is on the show we have to hear about their VACATIONS!

I don't typically go there, but what up with her hair in her eyes? Did she have some work done?
(I whisper quietly...)

Anonymous said...

The Chenbot spot was boring. I don't know why I stayed up for it. Easier to read it here online!

Looking forward to having something to watch next week!

Carrie in TX