Monday, June 04, 2007

TV Newsy Bits - Monday, June 4, 2007

Jackie's TV Newsy Bits Tonight's biggest newsy bit isn't really a TV Newsy Bit. I broke down and bought a new computer. My other one was starting to flake out a bit (freezing up, starting up really s-l-o-w-l-y). With Big Brother just around the corner, I didn't want it to go kaput on me.

The new one has tons of storage space, is much faster, runs Windows Vista (not necessarily my choice - XP has been fine with me), and has lots of bells and whistles, so to speak. Right now, I have my KVM switch hooking up both computers to the same monitor (new one came without monitor) and keyboard. I have a flash drive to transfer needed files. I've brought the new one online, but need to install my Google stuff, my Firefox browser, gmail, and stuff. So, for the moment, I'm on the old one again.

In TV Newsy Bits:

  • I have Creature Comforts (CBS 8 PM ET/PT) on in the background as I write this. It's cute.
  • At 9 PM ET/PT, it's the season three premiere of Hell's Kitchen on FOX. Oh, I'll be watching! And, posting about it later, too.
  • AOL Television has an interview with Cat Deeley, the host of So You Think You Can Dance.
  • Paris Hilton entered jail today, so I don't think she's going to be on Letterman as scheduled this week.

4 comments:

Joanie said...

Jackie,

Congrats on the new computer!

Anonymous said...

Jackie,
New puter wow...w2g!!!

Anonymous said...

Jackie,good for you! Just a word of caution,I had a lot of bugs to work out with Vista,it had me tearing my hair out at times. Maybe now that Vista has been up and running,it will be a smoother transition. I still have programs that Windows won't let me run...grr!Hope it goes well for you!You'll love how much faster it is!

Anonymous said...

My take on Paris Hilton's being released can be found at http://mytvmusings.com/2007/06/07/paris-leaves-jail/