Wednesday, June 13, 2007

TV Newsy Bits - Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Jackie's TV Newsy Bits It's June 13... do you know where your children are?

Tonight's a night which will be mostly filled with So You Think You Can Dance for me. Right now I'm not sure if I'll be writing an entry about the show or not. But keep in mind that there's a blog discussion post for the show right here. The season premiere of Last Comic Standing goes for two hours starting at 9 PM tonight, but I'm going to pass on that this year. I haven't enjoyed it so much since my local dude Rich Vos got booted. Um, yeah. We're talking the first season, I think.

In today's TV Newsy Bits:

  • Oh, I know we have some Blake Lewis (American Idol) fans in attendance here. People.com has a nice video highlighting his "sensitive side."
  • According to this AOL Television News article, Sopranos series creator David Chase says that a movie isn't a sure thing. Well, he didn't say "fuggedaboudit."
  • The Futon Critic is posting that America's Got Talent won its Tuesday night slot. I recorded the first hour as I watched On the Lot, but watched the second. It is indeed entertaining!
  • The Celebrity Spider has an article about the return of Jericho on CBS -- these are rebroadcasts of the first season and are scheduled to start the day after Big Brother 8 begins. (Does everyone know that date?)
  • Speaking of BB8... if memory serves, the initial cast announcements are usually made around the 20th of June. Hey, we're talking next Wednesday!

Yipes... Hok is going to dance! I must watch!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

jackie-

i dont think we will know the cast on the 20th-

my guess is around the 26th-I believe next week is testing week-then they sequester a wk after that then SHOWTIME-but hey what do i know?

Jackie S. said...

That's a possibility. I was thinking the timeline of last season, but All Stars was different. Season Six had the announcements on the 29th, show debut on the 7th.

But, of course, when you post anonymously without even signing a name to your comment, it's hard to tell if you know anything. Sign your comments next time.

dawn said...

Jackie is sho too the channel showtime too. I'm confused. Please help

Sydney said...

I have showtime but have to check if Shoo Too comes with it-- you'd think so. just haven't found it when using my guide button on my remote to look thru the cabel channels.

Anonymous said...

Watched The View this am with Jordin Sparks and Blake Lewis as guests. Both sang live with only a piano as accompaniment. Jordin sang "This Is My Now" beautifully. Her dad was in the audience. Blake sang his song chosen for him, also by AI, "Somewhere Only We Know" I believe is the name of it, WITHOUT the beatbox and he sounded great too. I believe AI got it right on the money this past season with these two as the top two. I concede I was wrong on the lip-syncing thing, (that beatbox is very unconcerting when someone sings along with it) but I really enjoyed just hearing him sing today. I love the beatbox, don't get me wrong, but it takes a little getting used to. Anyway, the show today was so refreshing!

Anonymous said...

Had to share: I heard on TV yesterday that Donald Trump is trying to get a network to pick up his new show idea since The Apprentice got fired from the fall schedule.

His idea; a reality show for heiresses (sp?) and young socialites (think Paris Hilton) where they all attend...wait for it...Trump Charm School!!! I almost felt off my chair! Not only did he present himself as the moral arbitraiter of young women with the Miss USA good girl/bad girl crap but now he wants to teach them manners??? That would be like having Hugh Hefner teach monogamy! What a putz!

Sydney said...

Anon 3:29 -- LOL! He would then follow in the footsteps of Flava Flav -- The Falvor of Love Charm School is still running right now on VH-1.

AND, let us not forget that just about 2 years ago Kathy Hilton tried to do the same thing. She had a reality show to turn poor, forlorn street urching (read regular folk) into socialites (male and Female). Jackie, do you remember what it was called? Something Like a Hilton? Needless to say, it bombed in one season.

Now one show I'd like to see back on is the one Jerry Hall had, where she took good looking, yet still socially clueless guys and turned them into more sophisticated, cultured young men... the prize: being her boy toy. LOVED IT. Dla, had you caught that one???

Anonymous said...

Sydney it was called " I Want to Be a Hilton". How soon we forget.

I think Trump/Rosie/Martha should do a reality show, now that would be entertainment. Remember I said it first (copyrights)...IMAO.