Saturday, June 23, 2007

The TV Weekend

Well, isn't this weekend just ducky for television viewers?

Um, no. It's not. It's a good thing the weather is gorgeous here in the NYC/NJ area. Watching the ducks and geese at the park could be better than the television. I took this photo in nearby Westfield at the park often featured in the show Ed.

Thankfully, I have a screener of the pilot episode of the new TNT series Saving Grace which I'll watch over the weekend. I should be reporting back to you on that sometime tomorrow. I'm also playing FedEx tag with a package which I suspect is from either TBS or TNT, so I'll have to see what that is during the week ahead.

We're at the calm before the storm on the Big Brother 8 front. Things should kick off in the week ahead starting with Julie Chen's appearance on The Late Show with David Letterman this Monday evening. I've noticed new commercials almost daily for the show, all featuring past houseguests (of course). The new hamsters should have been "kidnapped" by now and held in sequester. We should be seeing some new faces on commercials perhaps by the end of the week. It's almost here!

But, then there's this weekend on television. Oh, my... perhaps it's time to check out some movie rentals!

If we're talking new episodes, there isn't much happening. There's a new Cops on tonight at 8 PM ET/PT and then a new America's Most Wanted at 9 PM ET/PT. The Cartoon Network has new programming on starting at 9 PM ET/PT. Oh... Bravo has not-so-new Pulp Fiction! Ah, but I have that on DVD. AMC is airing Braveheart, but I'm not sure my attention span will be up for that tonight. Zoolander is on Comedy Central.

Tomorrow night, Sunday, isn't much better. I see FOX has new episodes of The Loop on at 8:30 and 9:30 PM ET/PT with a repeat The Family Guy sandwiched in the middle. In this area, WNET (PBS) has a new Mystery! starting at 9 PM ET/PT. TBS is airing Men in Black II back to back through the evening. WGN has an American Idol Rewind on at 8 PM ET... I may check that out to see what season they're into on the show these days. The History Channel has a new Ice Road Truckers on at 10 PM ET/PT.

Oh, heck. I may just end up either reading a book or watching old Law and Order: Criminal Intent reruns on Bravo all evening. Or, maybe I'll turn to my DVD collection -- watch a movie or rewatch some Homicide: Life on the Street.

Folks can say what they want about Big Brother. But when the feeds are live, I always have some sort of background entertainment.

What are your plans for the weekend?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK I don't mean to be morbid but I watched an old episode of Ice Truckers last night, it was the first time I'd seen the show, and I was wondering, have any of them actually gone thru the ice? I mean they talked relentlessly about how dangerous it was but the worse that happened was that one guy got his truck stuck on a snow drift and one guy had a airleak and had to pull over for a couple of minutes every few miles. I don't wish harm on them but is this as edgy as it gets?

Anonymous said...

Oh,I loved ED and I love the picture of your duck!And you are right about the TV viewing for tonight...it stinks.So after checking in on the ballgame(they were behind) I decided on a DVD night. First watched "Catch and Release: w/Jennifer Garner. Now I know the critics really panned it,but I thought it was a cute picture. And then,I had bought "Night at the Museum" quite a while ago and popped it in. It was kind of cute and kind of stupid,but it was entertaining. So checked the ballgame again,the Indians won(yay) and now after checking my mail,I am off to bed. Been sick and still really tired and poopy!

dla said...

Hi everyone!

Happy Saturday! Well, I am in total and complete agreement. Saturday evening TV was terrible! My TV Week was inaccurate, and I was all set to watch reruns of L&O, followed by Medium on NBC... Not that I was excited by the prospect, but, instead, I ended up with two hours of America's Got Talent, followed by the rerun of Dateline with Prince William & Prince Harry. I have been online or on the phone all evening, with TV as background noise only.

Sharon, I also rented Catch & Release a few weeks ago, and it was cute!! Pure entertainment! I hope you feel better soon!

I am hoping for a much improved Sunday evening, but not holding my breath... ;)

dla said...

Lili, I am sorry! I forgot to mention that I have never heard of Ice Truckers! Where did you find that??

Anonymous said...

Hi dla

Ice Road Truckers is (I think) a new show and it's on The History Channel and I think it's regular night is Sunday so should be on tonight. My first experience with the show was Thursday or so when I saw a repeat episode. Lots of testosterone(sp?) and snow. The big guy with the beard and sense of humor reminds me of Brian Dennehy.