Sunday, November 04, 2007

'The Amazing Race 12' - Season Premiere - East Coast Updates

Jackie's TV Blog, Amazing Race, TAR

The start of the season premiere - "Donkeys Have Souls, Too" - is delayed here in the NYC area due to football. Once it starts up, I'll update this post with the important happenings and quick thoughts as it airs. Graphic artist Zoetawny with her new 'puter made a graphic for the blog and I'm ready to watch the show even though I've already watched it not once, but twice! (Does that tell you what you're in for?) My full review is set to be posted on TV Squad at 10:05 PM ET.

Update 8:10 PM ET -- 60 Minutes is still on. I expect TAR to start in about 15 minutes, but will let you know.

UPDATE 8:25 PM ET -- 60 Minutes has ended, the show will be starting momentarily. Racers ready?

Yes! It's on! Cool classic convertibles to the Playboy Mansion. I'm not so keen about the Playboy Mansion part.

Hey ... against other news sources, the non-elim legs are still in! 8 of the 11 are elimination legs! That sounds like non-eliminations to me, doesn't it to you?

They're trying to get to LAX to board flights to Shannon, Ireland. Several are lost and there are two flights, one leaving earlier than the other. Five teams are on the first flight, six on the later one. Ronald and Christina an Azaria and Hendekea have bonded a bit. Hendekea borrowed a cell phone and set up two taxis for their teams.

The earlier flight is delayed and the second shall be first! I love that.

Ari and Staella stole one of the taxis. Good thing the driver let another non-stolen cab pass them.

An old person always falls, don't they?

I'm officially tired of Jennifer and Nathan. She whines very annoyingly. Lorena and Jason aren't too great in that department either. Love it that Kynt and Vyxsin didn't let the broken bike chain stop them.

I absolutely LOVE the high-wire bike Roadblock! That is so cool!

Love the donkeys, and how they cooperate with SOME teams ... teams who are nice to them do much better. Nathan and Jennifer are already screaming at each other. And Ari called one "stupid donk."

Ari threatened to eat his donkey!

Azaria and Hendekea came in to the Pit Stop first and won a trip to Alberta, Canada. Kynt and Vyxsin came in second and TK/Rachel third. Ari is still yelling at his donkey while Ron is singing Danny Boy as he pedals the high-wire bike.,

"Donkeys have souls, too" said Christina commenting about how Ari and Staella were treating their donkey. Jennifer and Nathan are still stranded with theirs.

Lorena and Jason made it to the Pit Stop -- 4th place. Nicolas and Donald are team number five. Shana and Jennifer are team 6. The other Jennifer (with Nathan) is still whining, but they finally got their donkey to move.

Ron and Christina are team seven. Who's your daddy? Kate and Pat are team 8. Now it gets all emotional...! Marianna and Julia are team nine and Jennifer and Nathan are on their heels at team 10.

Guess who karma bit on the butt? Yep, Ari and Staella are eliminated. They stole a cab and were mean to their donkey. Heh.

22 comments:

MrsTito said...

I hate football sometimes! Now I have to stay up until almost 1030 to finish watching Cold Case which is really 1130 due to time change. Ugh. I need TIVO

Lesa said...

Thanks Jackie!!! I hate that this started early.. It is going to cause me all kinds of problems with desperate wives & Brothers & Sisters on the other channel!!!

Unknown said...

Wonder if the writer's strike factored into the decision to show the non-elimination legs? Maybe they need the extra shows.

joy n said...

Changed my mind, hope it's Jennifer and Nathan that go. Irritating!

MrsTito said...

Karma is a *itch, but I'm a bigger *itch! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

joy n said...

Serves Ari and Staella right.

Jackie S. said...

A very satisfying pit stop order, right? :-)

joy n said...

YES! Except I didn't like Azaria starting out with a statement like, "we're more intelligent than the rest of them." But they seem okay.

Lorena, Nathan and Jennifer are going to give me heartburn, I can tell.

I'm worried that this race may turn out to be too much for Grandpa Donald.

I really thought Kate and Pat (ministers) would be aggravating, but not so much so far.

Still think Shana and Jennifer (blonds) who say they will flirt and "use their bodies" are two I won't be rooting for.

Love your graphic, Zoetawny!

joy n said...

I read your TVSQUAD review. I guess we'll be having some non-elims after all.

Jackie, although it did look like donkey-doo the donkeys were carting, I believe it was peat.

As for Ari and Staella coming in last, VERY satisfying!

Anonymous said...

My mom and I were watching TAR. My mom commented about the blondes looking like sisters and for some reason the statement: "They've got the same plastic surgeon," popped out of mine. I just thought it was funny. I love it when I do things like that.

dla said...

Hi everyone!

Great first episode! I also loved the high wire act on bikes!

Thrilled to see the team go home, as they were on my nerves. Actually, he was on my nerves, and I can't remember much about her. Hate to be brutal, but someone has to go, and it may as well be a team that is hard to like. :)

The diversity is great, and should make for some interesting TV!

I am really really happy to have TAR back on so quickly!

Anonymous said...

Jackie, I have never liked AR that muicy (except for Joyce and Uchenna one I loved)
But you make it SO interesting and vital and right on, that I might watch it this season.
Also love.love,love the turkey by the meat market...
Im in PA with the kidlets for my 63rd....time flies

Jackie S. said...

Happy birthday, Terry! With the writers strike, reality television will rule the roost! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Terry....hope you have a great birthday celebration!

Well,karma raises it's ugly head once again and it couldn't have happened to a more deserving two! I guess Staella was okay but her partner was sooooo annoying,I'm glad they were the first to go.Don't think I am going to like Jason very much either, or the two whiney girls!I'm glad that Ari got paid back for stealing the taxi and even more glad to see Ronald step up and confront him about stealing it from them! I like him and his daughter,a lot, and hope they do well.

I have to take back what I said about the two lady ministers. They sounded pretty arrogant and shady in their statements,but don't come off that way in person. Still don't think they are strong contenders,though. I think that the team of the granddad and his grandson are already looking weak to me,hope they do better.

I loved the donkey segment and how the two that were the meanest to their animals,did the worst! That's Karma for ya,baby!

meb said...

Well...for the first time ever, I'm happy there was a football delay. I had a senior moment and totally forgot AR was on... was surfing the channels when I came up on it.

I keep forgetting that just because you have something scheduled to record one year doesn't mean it'll schedule the next year. Especially when the title changes (like TAR 11 to TAR 12). Duh!

And when they have a sports thingy going you have to record past the usual time it ends or you're going to miss some of it.

Anyway, I came in on the end...saw the high wire bikes and the donkeys. Really got irritated with Ari and Staella, so without knowing anything else about them, glad they're gone.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Terry! Karma is good. I didn't care much for Ari and was glad to see them go. Don't care for the guy who refused to listen when the girl was telling him that they were going the wrong way and when it turned out she was right -- yep, he blamed her for not being "assertive" enough. It would have taken a rock against his head to make him listen. No big favorites so far.

meb said...

Ooops...Jackie...just now got to read your post reminding us of TAR. Guess it doesn't help me if I don't read it ahead of time.

RBennie said...

I thought it was a good first episode. I'm going to reserve judgement for now on who my favorites will be, but, like most of you here, am glad Ari and Staella were first to go. Unfortunately, with TARs timeslot, we are sure to have many more late starts!

joy n said...

Happy Birthday Terry in CA!!!!!

Brent McKee said...

Just for the record, The Amazing race always seems to do well when there's a Football overrun. Last night's ratings according to Marc Berman at Media Week:

8:30-9:30 p.m.: The Amazing Race 12 (season premiere)Viewers: 13.82 million (#3), A18-49: 4.2/9 (#4).

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (which started at 8 p.m.) drew 13.07 million viewers but had a higher rating in the 18-49 demographic. And Desperate Housewives won the second half hour that TAR was on handily.

The TAR 12 debut significantly outdrew both half hours of Family Guy as well (avg. 10.49 million)

The debut of TAR 10 in September 2006 drew 10.13 million viewers, A18-49 3.9/9.

Laurie said...

Terry, you got me to watch BB so now you have to watch TAR with me! C'mon gal, you can do it.

Give the g'kids hugs for me. Can't wait for you to come home.

Sassy

JPL said...

I am justing now watching it on you tube but I had to share my favorite line of the show. "You sure know how to pick a donkey baby" Either Pat to Kate or vice versa. hehe