Thursday, November 01, 2007

'The Amazing Race 12' - The Teams - Part Two

Continuing on with the teams we'll be seeing starting this Sunday, November 4, I'll cover the next four in this entry. If you click on the TAR12 link you see at the bottom of the post, it will bring up all of my posts about the show. Um ... I think that would be one here now. But there will be more even though I'll be writing the reviews of the show for TV Squad this season. An introductory teams post is over on TV Squad and Part One of the teams can be found here. Without further ado ...

Shana and Jennifer, an actress and a legal assistant, seem like they might take a page from Evil Beauty Queens Dustin and Kandice. They're beautiful (eye candy for the guys) and blonde. On the promos for the season, we've seen these two promise to use flirting and their looks to get ahead.

Shana has a back up career plan -- she also recently finished chef school. (Maybe we'll see her on Top Chef next!) She thinks she's loyal, compassionate, and competitive. She also has a lot of traveling experience.

Jennifer is also well-traveled, but thinks she's more meticulous in comparison to Shana. They both think they have the experiences and competitiveness to win it all. They could very well be a strong team.

Brother and sister team Azaria and Hendekea should prove to be my own personal triumph against misspelling names ... or a huge failure. I'm so hoping Hendekea has a nickname. Henny maybe? Originally hailing from New Orleans, he remains there while she moved out to California.

In the CBS bio, she says she's dainty. Dainty? Can you be dainty on The Amazing Race? Should you even think of daintiness? Yikes!

Both siblings seem to have it on the ball in the brains department, but the bio hints at underlying problems with sibling rivalry. He's the older one and tended to pick on her when she was younger. My brother probably would have picked on me to
o had I thought I was dainty. I guess we'll see how they do.

Lorena and Jason have more typical jobs for reality show contestants than do many on TAR -- a bartender and a wedding videographer, respectively. Both act, too. (Surprise, surprise.) Compared to Azaria being a facilities engineer and his sister an aerospace engineer, Lorena and Jason have reality show careers, eh?

They're a dating couple who met at a bar three years ago. They live together, but rarely see each other due to conflicting work schedules. And, they're yet another dating team who claim to be using the race to see if they really belong together. Haven't we seen enough of those?

They have cultural differences to overcome, too. Oh, well. He thinks he's courageous and volatile. She's extremely jealous when it comes to him. I don't know. If they bicker too much or call each other "babe" through gritted teeth when the love just ain't there -- they can be out early for all I care!

I think Nicolas and Donald are going to be an interesting team to watch -- he's very young (23) and he's old (68), a grandson and grandfather. I'm talking young and old in terms of running the race, not in "real life." One's tall, one's short. They look so different from many of the perfectly matched kind of teams that I want to cheer these two on from the start.

Nicolas thinks he's reliable, competitive, and goofy. Yes, goofy. I like goofy at times -- as long as he isn't just silly! Donald likes to tell his grandson what to do and thinks that while Nicolas may know maps (he's been a pilot since the age of 17), he possesses street smarts and experience.

I hope Donald is in good shape. I think I want this team to last far into the race because I'm going to enjoy them. I think so, anyway.

The final installment on the teams will be posted tomorrow evening. Are you ready?

[Team images used here © CBS]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackie-
Could we have a new posting page for the 2nd half of DWTS?

Thanks - You're the best.

I'm sooo ready for A new Amazing Race.

Margo

LYSS said...

Jackie..you could call Hendekea Hende..(1st part of his name), im going to tell you that i prolly wont remember half of his name,unless he stands out, but even then the teams on TAR tend to get team nicknames like the blonds, or the models, or kentucky..i'll go ahead and throw New Orleans out there for their team nickname..
I know you are a busy person, with all that you do for us here & the other pages you write for, so i'm doing my part to help out in ne way that i can..=)~
Lyss

joy n said...

Well, of this group, I'm liking Nicolas and Donald. Hope the old guy does well.

Lorena and Jason, another spatting couple I could live without.

Shana and Jennifer, another couple of blondes ready to use their looks? YAWN!

Azaria and Hendekea. I had an older brother who picked on me. Need I say more?