Saturday, November 17, 2007

TV Newsy Bits - Saturday, November 17, 2007

Some tree fungi in the autumn afternoon sun. No, it wasn't me who took that bite out. It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is coming up on us later this week. They're talking a wintry mix of wet snow and rain for tonight. As long as my home is warm, I'm okay with it. My knee isn't thrilled, but what can you do?

Here are today's TV Newsy Bits:
  • This first one isn't really a TV newsy bit, although the restaurant has been featured on TV news shows for its $25,000 (yes, you read that right) dessert sprinkled with gold dust -- Serendipity 3 in Manhattan has been closed down by the health department for one live mouse, a dead mouse, mouse droppings, and over 100 live cockroaches. No, I have never been there. I love chocolate and desserts, but don't want to take out a mortgage to have them.
  • Tyler Perry's House of Payne returns with new episodes on TBS December 5.
  • RealityWanted.net has an interview with Frosti, the latest castaway booted on Survivor 15: China. While he mentions getting by the age restriction, he doesn't mention how he did it. I still wonder why a 20-year-old got on when the rules are 21. I guess we'll never know.
  • In that article, there's a link to Frosti's MySpace page. Hmmm... he saves the world? From that page, you can pages of find other Survivor castaways including Jean-Robert. Well, you might not want Jean-Robert's page, I guess.
  • Oh, no! Save the dolphins, arrest a cheerleader! Actress Hayden Panettiere, Claire on Heroes, has an arrest warrant out for her issued by police in Japan. Why? Her efforts to save the dolphins.
  • American Idol runner-up Katharine McPhee is now engaged. Maybe that's why she hasn't been so noticeable on the airwaves as of late.
Today's music non-sequitur:
Goodnight moonlight ladies,
Rockabye sweet baby James
Deep greens and blues are
The colors I choose
Won't you let me go down
In my dreams
And rockabye sweet baby James.
-- "Sweet Baby James" by James Taylor

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the James Taylor shout-out. He is one of my all time favorites. I go to sleep with his "Best Hits" CD on many a night!

It's such a dreary,cold,rainy day here around Cleveland. The writing is on the wall,winter is not far away.And to make my day even sadder,my favortie Aunt died this morning,after suffering from Alzheimer disease for more than 8 long years. While it's almost as if we lost her years ago,it still hurts. I weep for her family,my cousins,it's been so hard for them all this time. My heart goes out to all families that have to deal with this terrible disease.

I hope your kitty is hanging in there,Jackie,and maybe is a little better. I've been curled up with one of two of mine all day today,they give so much comfort and I know you are taking good care of your sick one.

Delee said...

It is Sunday, Jackie, and has been snowing here since about 630a, the trees with leaves are not happy and I hope none of the branches break! The winter birds are at the feeders and the squirrels are getting peanuts and corn. Glad Roofus is not here!!!

Thanksgiving in Atlantic City for the 5th year. YEH no cooking!!!

Sharon, oh so sorry to hear about your Aunt. Never easy losing a loved one.

Have fruitcake baking in the oven, it is my Mom's recipe that she made for over 50 years and my Dad loves. That is one of his Xmas presents as he is hard to buy for, but always asks for it at Xmas time.

Stay warm all and see ya at AR later tonight!

Anonymous said...

Sharon, I'm sorry for the loss of your Aunt. I pray that God sends His angels to comfort both you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Thank you both for the warm thoughts. They do help.

joy n said...

Jackie, I just read your article over on TVSquad about the application for Amazing Race. Sooooo Funny! I'm so glad to hear you don't kick puppies or steal children's candy often.

joy n said...

Sharon, so sorry to hear about your loss. Alzheimer's is a horrible disease that affects everyone around the person who has it. I know. Just keep all the good memories alive in your heart.

Jackie S. said...

Sharon -- My condolences on your loss. I've had more than a few friends who have dealt with a loved one with Alzheimers. It's very hard on the families.

Zoetawny said...

Sharon...

My sympathies go out to you and your family for the loss of your Aunt. There's nothing more difficult to deal with and accept.
My husband recently lost his Mom and just returned from attending her burial in WA.


Jackie...

Just read on your previous post that your cat is ailing. I'm so sorry and sad to hear this. Our pets do become a very important part of our family.

Well, after all the sadness I almost feel guilty cracking up at your post on TV Squad. It was too funny. So, is that ski race how you hurt your knee? Oh, and you didn't need to reassure us that your don't kick dogs and steal candy from kids. None of us would have believe it. I just love the way you express yourself.

Of course TAR hasn't started in CA yet, but I always have to check here for my spoilers. ;)
Oh, hope you didn't cross over that double yellow line and get arrested?

Caroline said...

Jackie...or anyone else who watches The Next Great American Band. Did anyone else notice the lead singer of Franklin Bridge holding something interesting in his hand after they got kicked off? I'm starting to think I imagined it except both of my roommates saw it too. But nobody anywhere on the Internet is talking about it, at least not that I could find. Just wondering if anyone else noticed?

joy n said...

I watch the show but didn't notice that. What was it?

Caroline said...

It looked like a giant bag of marijuana. I popped in on the msn board and there were a few other people who thought the same thing. But it definitely looked like msn was deleting as many comments about it as possible. After the shot of them holding the bag, the camera went back to the judges but then came back to the green room one more time and the whole band looked really guilty, like they knew they were caught. I found it to be hysterical.

joy n said...

That is sooooo funny!!!!!