Saturday, July 03, 2010

Big Brother 12 -- Hamster Videos

Once CBS set up the initial website before releasing the information on the latest Big Brother house guests, they asked people in the forum to come up with questions for them. As a result, the questions aren't geared towards any of the hamsters as individuals as no one knew who they were at the time. Nonetheless, they're intriguing. I'm going to go through a handful of them this morning, then catch up with the rest tomorrow.

First up, Ragan ...



Wow. $300,000 grand in college loans and he hasn't started paying them off yet? I want to think Ragan is going to be fun to watch, but his focus on people being mean to him is a bit off-putting to me. Sure, I don't like mean people. However, the focus on people being mean to me basically vanished once I got out of high school. So I'm not sure how I'm going to take him. Perhaps it was just the question triggering that response. Many people think he's the saboteur plant. I don't -- he would be too obvious. We'll see.

Next up, Monet ...



Oh my. I didn't like what I had seen of Monet so far, but this kind of changes my opinion. She seems to have a relatively calm and confident demeanor along with some strategic thinking. I might have to eat my words about wanting her gone before the season starts. I liked her answers. I do, however, keep typoing her name as "Money" and might slip up at times. Her parents must have been art fans, eh?

Matt is on the block (so to speak) next ...



He's my own choice for the saboteur. I could be totally off-base. There's something about him which seems very insincere. He comes off a bit cocky or something ... I can't put my finger on it. Once the feeds are up, I'm gonna watch him like a hawk. He's up to something!

Next up, Rachel ...



She seems to be fixated on her "big boobs." Perhaps augmented? I'm not all that thrilled with Rachel. She could possibly play a good game. But what I don't like is her "big secret" that she's smart. Does she think a pretty person can't be intelligent, too? And, what's the big secret if you're an intelligent person? Most intelligent people have no desire to play the dummy. My jury's out on her.

Everyone, it's Lane ...



Hmm ... he seems quiet, laid-back and just a tad sneaky. He's a salesman, so he probably knows how to shmooze. He's the one who initially reminded me of JT in his winning season of Survivor. He still does, albeit perhaps an older and wiser JT. I think he might go far.

What are your thoughts on this group? Next installment tomorrow (or late tonight).

6 comments:

RJM in SC said...

Thanks for the info Jackie,
I don't care for the chemist. Since she is soooo smart, has she heard of "humility?" Liked Lane, but he will totally get on my nerves not being able to speak without constantly saying "you know".
Look forward to your updates.

thanks for all you do for us.

April said...

Thanks for posting these. I really enjoy your write-ups on the contestants of BB, Survivor and Tam.

joy n said...

I kind of like nerdy guys so I'll probably like Ragan. Monet, I'll wait to see if her princess side rules. Matt seems okay so far. I don't think I'll like Rachel so much. She won't be able to stop herself from letting all know how "smart" she is. Lane and his "you knows" will also drive me nuts.

Five more days til my reality fix is sated once again.

Anonymous said...

Testing....have to sign up with Google every time I try to leave a comment. Don't know why.

ML said...

Ragan is an act, Monet is overly polished (artificially so?), and I can't put my finger on what it is about Matt either. I don't think that necessarily makes him the saboteur though. Rachel is a one trick pony, uh I mean chemist. Or actually is it two tricks (boobs?) That one will get old fast. I like the salesman Lane. I hope he stays that way in the house and doesn't turn out like Jessie the pinhead.
ML

Sharon said...

I can't wait! It's been a long two weeks since school got out, with almost another one to go, before my summer guilty pleasure begins.

I think Lane is the saboteur...