I've been poking around my SuperPass, checking out the cast interviews and tonight's Happy Hour with Chelsia (BB9) and Missy (no BB). Basically I'm coming away with the thoughts of "meow meow Mafia" in my mind. I'm not so sure that's a good thing.
It looks like the feeds themselves (which start tomorrow night after the premiere) are actually going to be better quality this season. They're using FlashPlayer instead of the RealPlayer itself. That seems to have knocked out the BBReloader, something I've used in past years to record the video. There are ways to record FlashPlayer videos, but I'm not going to invest big bucks when it's likely YouTube will take any longer videos down.
Here's some of the skinny and my observations:
- According to one interview I saw with Julie Chen, the saboteur twist is only set to last for five weeks. If the player lasts the five weeks, he/she wins the 50 grand. What is up in the air is whether that player will leave the game at that time or stay in the house.
- Chelsia didn't care much at all for Monet -- she said she's empty upstairs and, after the interview, she just went off to sit in a corner not talking. I actually had a better impression after watching interviews with her, now I'm wondering again.
- Jeff and Jordan are still together. I knew you wanted to know.
- There originally was a 14th houseguest, but she got cold feet and dropped out.
- Janelle and Jordan will be hosting their own shows on SuperPass this season. That's in addition to the Happy Hour thing.
- They're having the Have/Have Nots again.
- Oh my. Julie announces to them they have a saboteur! So, it's not going to be a secret for them. I just saw a clip on Entertainment Tonight.
As for the shows, I'll be posting an entry each night when the show starts here on the East Coast. I'll update with any big news, comps won, etc., as the show airs. However, the best thing about those posts will be the community in the comments area. Everyone is welcome to chime in as the show airs or afterward with your thoughts. My full episode reviews will be posted over on TV Squad.
Right now the feeds are playing the theme music and the "be right back" screen. Above is what the new player looks like in SuperPass. You really don't need to hear the music.
Tomorrow night, 8 PM EDT ... be