Thursday, July 12, 2012

Big Brother 14: Blog Pool Picks and Schtuff!

First off, I'd like to extend a big thank you to ORKMommy for running this season's blog pool. She rocks and so do all of you with your excitement over the upcoming season! I think we're in for a lot of fun!

Here are the random picks -- you can cheer on your pick until they get the boot. Of course, if they never get the boot, you get bragging rights until next season!
 
Ashley Iocco - JonMD1267, Cha Cha, Monty924, Auntie Leigh
Danielle Murphre - Laurie, Ayana, Petals, Terry in TX
Frank Eudy - Micaela, Donna, ORKMommy, Serina Cox
Ian Terry - Rbennie, Brenda, QuixoticElf, MEB
Jenn Arroyo - AmyTL, Jessica, Michi, Marlo Lee
Jodi Rollins - Joey, Gaylos, Witt, Nana in NW
Joe Arvin - bbbw_princess, Janice/GA, Karen from CA, Glenn
JoJo Spatafora - Brent McKee, Donna in FL, Alicia, Jennasmom
Kara Monaco - Lynn1, Nina, Sasha, PDXGranny
Shane Meaney - Buzzmaam, Jackie, SueGee, Sydney
Wil Heuser - Delee, Dierdre, Merrilee, Becky
Willie Hantz - M&M, Chris, Sister Sue, Tammy

Cool. I ended up with Shane Meaney. I personally don't know how great he'll do since he was never a fan of the show, but is a recruit. If memory serves, he was the sexiest man in Vermont in Cosmopolitan magazine. So, he's eye candy for me. Plus, he's from Bennington, VT. I'm quite familiar with Bennington as it's nearby (and a part of) family stomping grounds.

Onto SCHTUFF --
  • At 9 PM EDT tonight, I'll put up a blog party post. Everyone is invited to party and comment as we watch the show together!
  • The live feeds don't go live until after the West Coast premiere -- at 1am EDT. I will gather some fodder for a post a few hours after they start.
  • The hamsters have already been in the house since this past Saturday, so the feeds tend to be a bit confusing at first as we don't know what's already gone down. Bear with me.
  • My plan for posting this season is three live feeds updates per day -- early morning, early evening and late evening based on my own East Coast times. Of course, there may be extra posts when things warrant.
  • I will be including screen caps from the live feeds, but they've really come down on any videos posted. I don't want to lose the blog by posting videos even though I do have the technology to do it. Anyone you see post extended videos of the feeds or posting the feeds themselves are exposing themselves to fines and shutdowns of their accounts. The videos of mine on YouTube date back before the crackdown.
  • I do ask that folks remain fairly civil and PG-rated here. I know it's prudish, but ...! 
  • Not everyone is going to like or dislike the same hamsters. Speak your mind about the hamster, but treat other members of the blog with respect, please! I reserve the right to remove any comments which disrupt the community.
  • Just a personal request -- even when posting about the hamsters, it tends to creep me out when folks make personal appearance insults. Sure, this cast is "pretty," but I'd prefer you post about their ACTIONS, not insults about noses, waistlines, etc. Your choice, of course. But I just wanted to get that out there.
Hamster watchers ready?

32 comments:

Laurie said...

I'm ready!! Thanks to Orkmommy for being the lifeguard this season. You really do rock ... in so many ways!

Thanks to you, Jackie, for writing this blog and keeping us interested no matter what. You also rock ... in so many ways!

Margo said...

eewwww I have the Hantz brother...oh well. I won last season so I guess it is only far.
Margo

Anonymous said...

So excited! Come on Jojo let's win this thing. Thanks orkmommy!

Alicia

Jackie S. said...

Margo - I liked his videos more than I ever liked Russell's. IF Russell could have played a better social game, he was indeed a shrewd player. Maybe Willie can.

Dr_Celine said...

Hi...I'm just now arriving for the season..is it too late to get in on the pool? I haven't read everything yet but will be doing so shortly...If I can still get in on the pool that would be awesome! Looking forward to an interesting season!

Isabelle said...

I missed the pool :'( Oh well. I won't miss your superb live feed postings for sure! I've been feeding on them for a few years now. Thanks a LOT for doing these again.

Isabelle

Dr_Celine said...

Oh noooo...I missed the pool...why closed so early? Bummer! Oh well good luck to everyone else.

Jackie S. said...

I announced the other day that the pool picks submissions had to be in by noon today. If you didn't make the pool cut-off, just declare your own personal favorite to cheer on through the season in comments in the blog party post tonight. While you won't be "officially" in the pool, you can still be part of things! You will be responsible for not only the cheering on of your pick, but to announce if they get the boot so we can all sigh in sympathy with you!

Jackie S. said...

We also don't know exactly what the mentors will be doing and might have something separate for them.

Anonymous said...

I will have my bottle of spray tan ready at 9 tonight ha

cha cha said...

I got Spray Tan Girl....If she has the guts to move to LA and open a business she can't be to dumb...

Petals said...

Of course I will respect the rules if the pool, Ms Jackie. :-)

monty924 said...

Lol, cha cha... me too. She also has a "Snow White" sort of thing. Plans on a Snow White alliance @@

She'll give us a lot of laughs and blog fodder, I'm sure. :)

monty924 said...

Love your avi, Petals!!! ;)

Chacha said...

i can't wait to hear Tan Girls DR sessions.. How many fairy tails can she tell..

I think I asked this a few years ago but how do I get a picture to the right of my name.

Critical Media said...

My top 3 picks: Will, Kara and Shane.

I also heard, unofficially, that there actually is some sort of competition between the mentors and that Dan and Mike have formed some sort of partnership to take down Janelle.

Again, that is from a very unofficial source...but who knows, if true it sounds like it will be a fun season!

Donna in Alabama said...

I am so ready for BB!

Thanks to ORKmommy and Jackie!

ORKCJmommy now, LOL!!

Dave B. said...

Hi Jackie
Looking forward to a new season of BB

Critical Media said...

Just read the TV guide description for tonight's episode and it says "four contestants from previous seasons also compete for a separate prize"....

I do hope Dan and Mike have teamed up against Janelle. She's a fighter and should make for a very exciting first episode.

Terry is a Texan! said...

whoohoo! or should I say Yeehaw! Glad to get back in the pool with all these great BB =aholics
Cant wait to see the new cast and to be snarky about Julie Chen

Jackie S. said...

ChaCha -- On your Blogger profile, just edit it to add in a photo.

Anonymous said...

I am in countdown mode and nerding out ha.

Anonymous said...

I cant wait!!!!..eekk I am so excited about BB!!

meb said...

I typed a bunch and couldn't get in... see if it works this time.

meb said...

OK... there I am... First, thanks to Orkmommy... and then First... thanks to Jackie... What? They're both worthy! : )

I cannot wait for it to actually start. I haven't been over here for a while, so had no idea what was happening, but I'm here now and glad to see people I recognize and the newbies (to me anyway). This is going to be so much fun.

Let's get these show on the tube!

Nana in the NW said...

I'm ready! I got out my favorite floatee and new swimsuit. I haven't read about any of the castmates so I hope Jodi is a good one.
Thanks Jackie as always for having the blog and keeping us all up-to-date on the happening.
Thanks Orkmommy--I know you are busy with your new little angel.

Can't wait to see what's in store for the returning contestants.

Nana in the NW said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi everyone!!!!! I hope the people coming back are NOT Brachel!

Penny

Nickelpeed said...

A Hantz member and FOUR previous Big Brother's coming back???

I should have read up on this. LOL

Nickelpeed said...

No, No, NOOOOOOO, not Mike Boogie!
UGH

Ayana said...

I got Danielle in the pool. Shes not too athletic and I would rather root for TeamChillTown but it's ok. My sis got Carrot Top Frank. I will beat her for sure.

Auntie Leigh said...

It is great to see all the BB fan back in action. I hope I can still sign on. I too got spray-tan girl on the pool and hope she is not the one who is on suicide watch. Auntie Leigh