|Victor Arroyo, age 25|
I've read his bio on the CBS website and watched the Jeff interview on CBS All Access. Here are some facts and my first impressions on Victor:
- Another male hamster with a very nice smile.
- I had to get that out of the way.
- He's single and from Slidell, LA (although he claims New Orleans) according to his bio.
- He's Puerto Rican. BB might just have tied their record with the number of Hispanic folks from season one to now.
- His online bio makes him sound a bit of a male chauvinistic pig (to delve into past feminism chants). But he came across much better in the interview.
- He does seem to think he's all that and a bowl of jambalaya.
- That said, in some ways, he does seem likeable.
- In the interview he thinks he can "manage" the BB house because he manages a staff of 14 at a gym.
- Um. I manage 90 currently and have managed more in my workplace. I don't even want to THINK of "managing" BB hamsters!
- He is looking at some things quite sensibly -- he knows he might be good in physical challenges because he lifts weights and exercises. But he doesn't run and thinks he might tire fast.
- Victor claims to be a fan of the show, but not a superfan. I'm always on the ledge about folks coming into the house who haven't delved into the live feeds. To me, they show the real show. He might be in for some surprises.
- I read elsewhere that he's tried out for the show before, but didn't make it. So, at least he isn't a recruit.
- He cooks. Yay.
- But does he wash dishes?
- He says he's open to a showmance, but his real goal is the half-million.
- He thinks he's nice to everyone and hopes everyone likes him, but doubts all will.
- He has a stuffed Ernie (Sesame Street) that he'll miss.
- Okay ...
- I think he's going to be interesting on the live feeds (and eye candy, too). But I'm not sure if he's going to be a contender for the win.
You can check out my first impressions of the BB18 hamsters by clicking the label at the bottom of the posts entitled "first impressions" or by using this link. It's a work in progress, mind you. I'll get them all before long.