Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Big Brother 20: Tonight, Tonight ...


Yep, yep, yep. Tonight is the season premiere of BB20! Are you ready?
  • If you haven't signed up for the blog pool and want to do so, you need to sign up on this blog pool opens post link. The deadline is Friday at midnight ET. We'll only be taking the names from the comments in that linked post; asking in anywhere else is probably not going to be noticed. We're starting it after the first hamster is evicted because we never get to know/watch them. 
  • Tonight's (Wednesday's) season premiere is a two-hour taped show starting at 8pm ET/PT. They have already been in the house long enough for filming fodder while we've been left in the dark. We will have a live blogging/blog party post going for the duration. Please try to be PG-rated in the comments! Trolls, nastiness and plain ol' vulgar will be removed!
  • The season premiere continues tomorrow (Thursday) evening at 9pm ET/PT. Yes, another live blogging of the show and pool party on the blog. Mind you, you don't have to be in the pool to join in with commentary!
  • The live feeds don't start until after Thursday's show ends on the West Coast. So, we're talking 1:00am around here on the East Coast.
  • 'Big Brother After Dark' -- BBAD -- comes to life on Pop TV at the same time as the live feeds and you can find their schedule right here
  • The "big" schedule change for aired shows is that, after tonight, the Wednesday show will air at 9pm ET/PT instead of 8pm. We will see shows on Wednesday, Thursday (eviction) at 9pm ET/PT while the Sunday show remains at 8pm ET/PT when sports don't cause it to be delayed.
  • My plan for the live feeds reporting is to write up two reports per day. I won't catch everything and report as it happens. I'm only one person and have to depend on flashbacks or I would go without sleep for three months! And, I also don't report on every breath taken by the hamsters -- I tend to pick and choose on my own whims. There are other sites which do report every breath taken.
  • I'm not into folks berating others based on looks, size, or anything they can't control. Yes, they can control potty-mouths! I'm also not into weird nicknames for the hamsters -- to keep an eye on the comments (I also watch for fake news on comments and remove), I have to know about whom you're referring!
  • Remember ... this is a TV show. There is no need for hate or getting so worked up about the hamsters that it's skewing your perspective. We do not know these people/hamsters. It doesn't matter who wins or loses (except in the blog pool!) as long as we remain entertained.
  • You can find any of the BB20 posts here on the blog by using BB20 as a search term in the blog search box. 
  • This blog is all about the spoilers. If you don't want spoilers, avoid the live feeds reports!
  • All blog posts here will be linked at my Facebook page for the blog. That page can be found right here at this link. If you're on FB, please like the page and you'll get notifications when I post. I try to keep BB stuff away from my personal FB page because, well, believe it or not, not all my personal friends watch the show! And, it can overwhelm my personal page, too.
  • I also post the links to posts on my Twitter account as I post them. You can find that link right here. I must confess I rarely tweet anything other than blog posts. Twitter probably hates me. Oops.
Ready for the summer? 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’m always happy to see your pre-season post, setting forth some basic ground rules for comments. The content and tone you strive for is what keeps your Big Brother coverage so enjoyable (and addictive). Let the games begin!

Sally said...

The above comment was from me--I unintentionally posted it before I added my name.

jennifer said...

Love the splashing rules! I’m so ready to jump in!

Petals said...

I'm bringing strawberry shortcake and STELLA!!!! Can't wait! I have a new floatie, too.

uncartie said...

Hi All. Rather than ruin anyone's suspense If you to see who is the HOY and who's on the block allegedly check out my comment in the thread "New hamster cast part 4. I'll have a towel at my side in case I have to wipe any egg off my face. :)

jo C said...

Hi everybody and Im so glad to be back :D

Laurie said...

Great guidelines, Jackie. I don't watch this show anymore but I do read the blog from time to time. Hope it's a good season!

CherryPie said...

Thanks Jackie for once again doing this blog. I have been following u for more years then I'd rather admit and your blog goes hand in hand with the BB Season.....thank you!