Thursday, March 09, 2006

'American Idol' Quickies and East Coast Blogging Results Info


Tonight, as I'll be watching Survivor and posting East Coast updates on the happenings with that as they occur, I'll be taping American Idol. After posting the Survivor boot, I'll go to my tape and get an entry up here on the four who go home from American Idol. That can be expected by 9:05 ET. So, if you're West Coast and you just can't wait to know -- check back in here around that time.

My thoughts on the 16 remaining?

Overall, I'm liking the guys better than the girls. I didn't think any of the girls did horribly, mind you. But, for the most part, they just didn't thrill me this week. Even my favorites like Lisa Tucker, Katharine McPhee and Paris let me down a bit in song choice selection, though Katharine did the best of the three. Mandisa did fine, I thought. I thought Kellie Pickler (not a favorite of mine) did a bit better this week. I loved Simon's comment to her! Heck, no offense to Carrie Underwood and she's good at what she does, but she wasn't my choice last season. I predict we'll see Kinnik Sky and Melissa McPhee go home this week.

Then the guys. Dang, I'm liking Gedeon more and more each week. I want him to sing "Dock of the Bay"! Taylor, Chris, Ace all aced it, I believe. Taylor's performance was phenomenal! Elliott's voice is so good and he got rid of the silly beard. This week I think we'll see two of these three go home: Bucky, Kevin or Will.

Any last minute predictions out there?

No comments: