Monday, January 15, 2007

TV Newsy Bits - Monday, January 15, 2007

Jackie's TV Newsy BitsIt's yet another big TV night! For fans of 24, it's the second two hours of the season premiere starting at 8 PM ET/PT on FOX. The 64th Annual Golden Globes Awards start at 8 PM ET/PT on NBC. Over on CBS, there's a repeat of How I Met Your Mother at 8, then a new episode of The Class at 8:30.

ABC's primetime lineup is Wife Swap, Supernanny, and What About Brian - all new episodes. CBS has a new episode of The New Adventures of Old Christine surrounded by repeats of Two and a Half Men and C.S.I.: Miami. Don't ask me what's with their new/old programming for the evening. I haven't a clue.

In other TV Newsy Bits:
  • The cast of The Amazing Race 11: All Stars will be announced on The Early Show tomorrow morning. The official website should be up sometime tomorrow as well. We already know some of the teams - Romber, the Guidos, David and Mary, Charla and Myrna, and Colin and Christy. We know some we won't see (Jonathan and Victoria, the FratBoys, BJ and Tyler)... but who else is on the show? Tomorrow evening I'll be posting the teams and my thoughts about them from their own seasons. And, of course, I want to know what you think!
  • I have the first two parts of the new Survivor 14: Fiji cast up - ten down, nine more to go. The New Castaways Part 1 and The New Castaways Part 2. I hope to get parts three and four up by Wednesday evening.
  • Some corrections/additions to my Inside Scoop from the Unknown Fiji Survivor... it's Jeff Probst with the potty mouth necessitating retakes, not the Unknown Survivor. And, it's not $3,000 dollars for the cast to show up at the finale/reunion - it's $10,000. The finale will be back in New York City this season (yay!) and they get $300 per diem for meals while being put up in luxury by the show. And, of course, they can bring three family members or friends along.
  • Remember - American Idol, two-hour season premiere tomorrow and Wednesday night at 8 PM ET/PT on FOX. I'll be posting about the auditions and once the show is in motion you can expect East Coast Updates on boots.
  • Our dear friends at BuddyTV have an interview with fired Apprentice Carey for your perusal.
  • I found a great interview with Masi Oka (Hiro on Heroes). Heroes returns next Monday night. (Yay!)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see Idol! Whoohoo!
I'm even more excited to see "Heroes". I'll be checking in to read your comments on Idol before I go to sleep tonight.

Thanks for all the great links. It really saves me so much time when I can come here and get the all important scoops.

Stay warm and safe.

Zoetawny~
xoxo

Jackie S. said...

Idol is tomorrow night and Wednesday. Tonight I'm probably going to get up the third part of the Survivor castaways while having the Golden Globes on in the background.

Anonymous said...

Jackie -- are you watching the Golden Globes? Are you a fan of the award shows?

It's coooooold outside, especially for TX -- dropping to 25 degrees tonight. I'm from the midwest and spent 20 years on the east coast so this is nothin' for me and I'm glad to feel a little cold... but it's really unusual for the folks down here!

Anonymous said...

Ugly Betty just won best show -- had no doubts about that one! Woo Hoo!

Jackie S. said...

Sydney - I have the Golden Globes on as I'm wrapping up another five Survivor Fiji people. Ugly Betty was very deserving (even though it will go back to tape for me once Survivor returns).

Today it's relatively warm (high 40s) here, warm for the season. But the artic mass hits us tomorrow and the highs won't get out of the 20s. But that's really what the temps should be. We've been very spoiled this season so far on the east coast.

Brent McKee said...

No Colin & Christy! I wonder what happened and who is there in their place. Interestingly there's no one from TAR 4 (the year of Tian & Jaree, Al & Jon the Clowns, and Millie the Virgin Mole), TAR 6 The year of Gus & Hera, Lori and Bolo, and Jonathon and this shoving bag), and of course TAR 8 (I was so hoping that Billy and Carissa Gaghan might get the call). Two teams from the lackluster TAR 10 - Mary & David and Dustin & Kandice - and Eric & Danielle are a couple (oh my eyes) and the only people from TAR 9.

Anonymous said...

It's always been the same pattern for Survivor finales: fall = Los Angeles (CBS Television City) , spring = New York

Helenann2k said...

Hi Jackie,
Are you following Idol? I'm a reality TV junkie, and I have to say I wouldn't know what to do without your recaps and especially the live-feed updates from Big Brother! Hoping you will be covering Idol as well. Keep up the GREAT work...you should be getting paid for your blog...it is better than most of what is out there!
--helenann2k

Anonymous said...

Hi Jackie! Guess I was jumping the gun about Idol. FOFL!
Tonight's the night I'll be checking back for your comments. ;)
See how much I need you to keep me straight. LOL!

Catch ya later!
Zoetawny~
xoxo