Wednesday, May 23, 2007

TV Newsy Bits - Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Jackie's TV Newsy Bits Yes, it's season finale night for both American Idol and Lost. Of course, that means I have a conflict. Ah, not so much of one, though. I'll be live-blogging the events on tonight's American Idol show so that West Coast fans who just have to know... will know. So, please stop back later tonight and check out the blog entry I'll be posting for the show!

Due to its late ending time, I usually post on Lost Thursday evening. That will remain the same for the finale. After all, that's a show I need to watch intently unlike American Idol.

In other TV Newsy Bits:
  • There's another kind of audition going on for American Idol. For the first time, you can vote for the Entertainment Weekly American Idol special cover -- which Jordin or Blake shot do you like best? The issue is due to be out on May 28, so get your vote in!
  • I noticed commercials for the return of Hell's Kitchen (June 4, FOX). I don't know if I'll faithfully blog the show as my summer gets hectic with the Big Brother live feeds reports (and my day job), but I'm sure I'll check it out to see the latest victims of Gordon Ramsay. In sad news related to the show, I saw that Rachel Brown, a rather colorful contestant on last season, recently passed away.
  • Back to American Idol -- Simon Cowell has announced he plans to quit the show in three years time according to this Celebrity Spider blurb. He suggests that Donald Trump could replace him. Ewww! No! Never!
  • Although CBS cancelled Jericho, according to the Chicago Tribune, there might be a wrap-up movie coming. That's something show fans would greatly welcome. Do it, I say!
  • Who will Sanjaya Malakar sing with in tonight's American Idol season finale? Well, I can see Randy fainting now.
  • Oh, there were fireworks on The View today between Rosie O'Donnell and Elisabeth Hasselbeck! If you missed it, read all about it in this AOL article. There's also a video clip of the brouhaha at that link. An interesting, but surely unrelated note - today is the last day of the May Sweeps rating period. Surely unrelated, right?

In non-TV news, I saw a local cop on a Police Segway today. Is that thing really allowed on the sidewalks? This wasn't in the city (NY) I saw him, but in NJ. Very odd.

Remember to stop back tonight for live updates on the American Idol finale as it airs here on the East Coast!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I don't watch Hell's Kitchen closely enough. I don't remember Rachel Brown at all.

Anonymous said...

What on earth does Donald Trump know about singing talent? If that happens, I'll be ditching that show, too. If he got this gig, he'd have his son and daughter replacing Randy and Paula in no time. Just thinking about it makes me want to spew. Yuck!

Anonymous said...

Our city police just purchased 5 segways to use on street patrol, also. How odd! I can hear the criminals laughing now. Can't wait to see the first Hot Pursuit! :))

Anonymous said...

I wondered if Hell's K was coming back and poof Jackie pulls out the info. I do not remember Rachel either. I sure hope they do a Jericho wrap-up. Hate when show's leave you hanging 4ever.

Anonymous said...

Hell's Kitchen is one of those shows you just can't help but watch even though it's like a train wreck,you just can't help yourself! Gordon would have me crying my eyes out the first fifteen minutes,I am sure!

I was watching the brouhaha on The View this morning! Man,it was sooo uncomfortable. They were screeching at one another and ,of course,Rosie never would answer Elizabeth's question,but kept demanding that Elizabeth answer hers. I agree with E. that you can't just make the kind of statement R. made and then NOT clarify where she DOES stand. How can you "imply" that anybody(read soldiers)doing what the US tells them to do in Iraq,are therefore terrorists and then not explain your reasoning. If she's going to put it out there in the public forum,then I want her explanation in the public forum.Bad form to refuse,Ro!

Anonymous said...

Anybody with a brain would be able to discern that Rosie O'Donnell has never called our troops terrorists. She was referring to the Bush regime invading Iraq. A country that never attacked us. A country that had NOTHING to do with 9/11. A country that is now in ruins. A country with 655,000 dead. A country that was the sworn enemy of Iran. A country that is now suffering a civil war that will probably continue for years and will further destablize the Middle East. A country that has become the poster child for people looking to recruit suicide bombers. A country that now has 2 million fewer teachers and scientists and people with means because they all fled. A country that is now over run with the bad guys we didn't kill in Afghanistan. George W Bush did this. He is breaking our armed forces, he is bankrupting this country, he has made every man, woman, and child on this planet less safe than they were before April 2003. He lied about WMD's, he stood on an aircraft carrier in a military flightsuit and declared "Mission Accomplished" over 1400 days ago, he made no adequate provisions for caring for our wounded when they came home, he ordered illegal wiretaps on American citizens, he ignored the Geneva Conventions and declared torture to be policy. Who is the terrorist, the idealogue, the Neo Conservative who values loyal cronies ("you're doing a heck of a job Brownie") over competence? Who places his political agenda over the sanctity of The Constitution? That would be your president George W Bush.

Anonymous said...

Rosie MUST be entering peri-menopause! Never was a fan and never will be. Her voice grates on my nerves and just do not care for her. She can have her view, but I really do not want to hear it.

Sharon, I agree I would be hiding from G Ramsey...would not want him on my case.

Sydney said...

Anon, I agree with you in most things you've said, and I think Bush SUCKS.

However, for a long time now, what is killing most of the Iranians are not us, but their own people or neighboring forces, insurgents, differing factions of radical Muslim groups... and now we are stuck there to not ABANDON them.

I see some hope in that we have a lot of good potenital candidates to replace George Bush. I am amazed there are people willing ot take the job on, but thankfully there are. It's up to us to choose wisely this time around -- vote, donate your time to a campaign, give your $$ or all 3. We can still turn this thing around, if the seemingly eternal time Bush has left will come to an end without his doing much more damage to us here at home and our reputation worldwide.

Anonymous said...

To Anon 3:57 - - - -AMEN!!!!! It seems all we can do is hold our breath until that corporate meglomaniac is out of there and pray that he does no more major damage to this country. President Carter was right, this IS the worst administration ever. The division he has caused in the USA will take many, many years to heal. In foreign policy, probably even longer.