Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Off Topic: St. Patrick's Day, Circus, and Roofus

Jackie's TV Blog, holidays,Jackie's TV Blog, holidays

I hope the luck of the Irish was with everyone today ... and that you all won the lottery! Well, I guess we have to keep on working for a living. Zoetawny got Snoopy all Irish for this graphic! I was thinking of some years back -- skiing at Kelly's Irish Alps (Brodie Mountain) and Jiminy Peak, both in Massachusetts. Green snow, bagpipe players on the ski lifts, and some green beer, too. Ah, those were the days! For more than a decade and a half, I skied every St. Patrick's Day. I didn't ski today.


This is a shot I took of the same cat local city blogger Bernice snapped inside the office of the ex-rental car place. See, they can come and go. Sydney wondered why I was shy about peering in the window. Well, someone's going in there with the food (I think it's the same elderly guy). If it's him, he snapped at me a few years back when I was taking photos of the strays. I don't think he realizes I'm harmless.


And ... who's ruling the roost and the roofs? If you click on the image, the resulting larger image reveals a bird on the ledge right under Roofus the Cat.

Last in the photos today, the Big Apple Circus is back for its annual stint. I've never been. I have been to the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus, but not in years and years.

I'll be watching American Idol soon. I'm not as enamored with country night as some of the other genres. Hopefully they'll give me some fodder for another quick show-related post late tonight.

12 comments:

Delee said...

Zoetawny, Don't Ya Just Love Snoopy? Thank you...

As always, I look forward to your photos and again not disappointed. Thank you for sharing your day and them.

Watching Biggest Loser, blowing off AI and DWTS, just turn to one or the other during commercials.

meb said...

Great graphic Zoetawny!!!

Roofus is so cute... do you think he's going to catch that bird?

Not sure which show I'll watch.

Checkin' in later

Anonymous said...

Zoetawny, as a Beagle owner and lover, I think the Shamrock Snoopy is the best way to wish everyone a Happy St. Paddy's Day.

Jackie, thanks for the update and the pictures. You are certainly talented.

Now, on to the DWTS link. Catch all of you tomorrow night!

Glad to see Roofus is okay.

monty924 said...

Happy St. Patty's and the Luck of the Irish to all! Awesome graphic Zoetawny, and love, love, love the Roofus pics always. He's, er she's my lil blog buddy. Love every sighting we get. Thanks Jackie!

I'm off to find a post somewhere, lol. Tonight is a weird night for me because its AI and DWTS at the same time. I'm watching Danny right now and he is just so good in my book. I love him and he has all my votes for the entire season. Go Danny!

Hey, Becky... catch you on the DWTS posts

Jackie S. said...

Idol was odd tonight -- the one country singer (Michael Sarver) was the worst IMO. Adam Lambert was just odd, but he'll make it through. Most of the performances were very good, perhaps Lil Rounds wasn't as good as she can be. All in all, I think this is the best country music week they've ever had on the show.

monty924 said...

I agree on Adam Lambert. I love(d) Johnny Cash and that was just too over the top for me. I don't usually say this, but I hated it. It was odd and just aweful in my opinion. For once, I completely agreed with Simon. I can't believe I just said that, lol.

joy n said...

Roofus seems pretty smart to me. Any cat that survives a New York winter (up or downstate) by basking in the sun's warm rays AND knows where to find food on a regular basis (he looks healthy) is definitely a smart survivor. That said, he must not have been hungry, else that birdie might be toast.

Love Zoetawny's graphic. Thanks, Jackie for all the pics and updates of Roofus. Something special about that cat.

monty924 said...

I've finally had a chance to go back and watch all the performances on AI, and my favorites were Anoop (first) and then Kris, Matt, Danny and Megan in that order.

I felt bad for Megan (I love her quirkiness and her voice), and honestly haven't paid much attention to Matt through all of this. My favorite is still Danny but he wasn't the best tonight.

Good season on a lot of my favorite shows. Thanks Jackie for providing a forum to discuss our guilty pleasures. :) Monty

Sydney said...

I love the Snoopy Grapic Zoe, and the letters you used for Jackie's name!

When you said there was a bird right below Roofie, I thought for sure when I clicked to enlarge the photo that I'd see him with a big smile and just a feather seeking out from between his teeth... evidence of a nice little meal. But it seems Roofus lives and lets live. Either that, or he can't get to the bird at that angle.

I'm glad that this was AI's best country show in light of your saying it's usually your least favorite night to watch.

lynn1 said...

Great Graphic Zoetawny!

Jackie the photos were a treat. It always brings a smile to see pictures of Roofus.

AI was OK for me. I actually enjoyed some of the older songs like "You Are Always On My Mind" performed by Anoop and "Walking After Midnight" performed by Megan.

I thought Adam's performance and arrangement of Ring of Fire was bizarre and unpleasant.
If he wants to be unique and stand apart from everyone else he accomplished that but I feel that the reaction was that he is just weird and freaky.

Tonight I'll be watching the results of AI, LOST, and Ghost Hunters. Wed. nights are great TV for me.

Anonymous said...

I loved the graphic Zoetawny! I hope you and your family are doing well.

I didn't see AI but, because of the comments here (thank you Jackie!) I went to youtube to see the Adam Lambert Ring of Fire. Odd is right! I read the youtube comments about the performance and people loved it or hated it. One said a country radio call in show had angry comments. It really got notice..good or bad. Thanks for clueing me in to see it.

joy n said...

So sad to hear of Natasha Richardsons death at the age of 45. She was a very talented actress with a wonderfully talented family. My heart goes out to her husband, Liam Neeson, and their two sons. What a shock this must be for them.