Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Survivor: David vs. Goliath -- Season Premiere Blog Party


What a night we have ahead of us! It's the 90-minute season premiere for Survivor followed by the 90-minute season finale of Big Brother 20! And, that will be followed by live backyard interviews by Ross and Marissa on Facebook Live. I hope y'all napped some.

There are 20 castaways, so tonight's live blogging might be a bit rough as I get used to who's whom in the cast. I put up a cheat sheet with names and images at this link. But I won't really be able to access it while blogging and watching the show.

Here's the blog pool news from Lifeguard Laurie herself (she rocks!) --

Here's the pool. Same rules as before, nobody goes home the first night. They each get added to other teams (randomly).

Team David
Bi - Auntie Leigh, Janice, nana in the nw
Carl - DonnaNY, MikesGirl, tbc
Christian - ChicMc, Judi Sweeney, Sharon C
Davie - CherryPie, KelseyNY, Robin Allard
Elizabeth - Dennis Comfort, marthalight, Skyriverblue
Gabby - Cheryl in NC, Krysta Gibson, Rochelle
Jessica - Dr_Celine, ML, Terry is a Texan
Lyrsa - Buzzmaam, jennifer, Petals
Nick - Brian, Jennasmom, Paula Bell
Pat - Delee, Marlo Lee, Silk

Team Goliath
Alec - Carol C, Jean, Rbennie
Alison - Cher C, Jenna G, Renee
Angelina - Donna in FL, Margo, Vicki Volk
Dan - Donna in Alabama, Laurie Miles, SueGee
Jeremy - Andi l, Jackie, monty924, PDX Granny
John - Bizaro22, Indiana Jane, Nickelpeed
Kara - David, Karen in CA, Sharon N
Mike - Ed in Ohio, meb, Tammy
Natalia - Glenn Allen, Merrilee, TS14Fan
Natalie - Brenda, ITCHY, Nora
Thank you!


Survivor watchers ready? Let's GO! 

We're going through introductions and the theme itself. They're in Fiji, 39 days, 20 people, one Survivor. 

It's not who has the advantage, it's what is the advantage. 

Christian and Lyrsa (David) were chosen as the weakest on the David tribe by the Goliath Tribe.

Goliath has to choose their strongest -- Alison and John. 

They have a challenge ahead -- three stages, David gets to pick which one Goliath will take. They're obstacle course type things. They also chose their own course. The Davids won! Christian did the slide puzzle in about five seconds. It turns out that he wrote algorithms for slide puzzles in college. The Goliaths had a cube puzzle. The physical parts were pretty even. But he chose the right puzzle!

Ah, Mike White. I was a fan when he was on The Amazing Race. It turns out that Dan, the SWAT cop, lost over 100 pounds. He's already agog at Kara and even has a dog named Kara, albeit pronounced differently. She likes him, too. After all, they're both beautiful people! 

Over on the David tribe -- Pat says he can build the shelter as he swings a hammer every day. Others are gathering palm fronds. Christian seems to be taken a bit aback by Pat's direction as are some of the others. Uh-oh!

Goliath is having issues in building a shelter. (Maybe they would like a Pat!) Natalie is giving the orders there and now has a fresh target on her back. 

On David, the shelter is going well and at least Pat is working hard. Jessica and Carl (I think) build an early alliance. Already people are starting to want to work together. Elizabeth and Lyrsa? Oh my. Christian and Gabby have an early nerd alliance. 

Back to Goliath -- The wrestler of many names is playing as himself, John. Continued animosity towards Natalie for sitting there and barking out orders. Mike wants to go look for an idol. They all wonder where he is and they think he's out there looking for a hidden idol. So, now he also has a target on his back. They know he's wealthy, successful and was on TAR. Natalie, of all people, tells Mike he put a target on his back by looking for the idol. He feels foolish. 

Their first night was rough, heavy rain. The Kentucky lawyer wants to scheme while Elizabeth and others were commenting how much they care about people. Nick, the lawyer, is already getting on the sites of others because he isn't working. They're grateful that Pat's expertise did make them a good shelter. 

Angelina on Goliath is looking for an idol along with another gal. Oh noes! Now they're all looking for idols! The SWAT cop Dan found it and shared the news with Kara and Natalia. 

On David, Davie caught an octopus! Then it rains again. And then Jessica cries. Bits on domestic abuse from Bi after Jessica mentioned her mother's problems. Nick tells the others he lost his mother to a drug overdose three years ago. He says he has always been quiet about it. 

Okay, an hour into things and we have the first Immunity Challenge. Obstacle course, sandpit, machete, ladder second tribe has to untie knots to release flag, ends in a puzzle. Also playing for Reward -- flint. 

Whoa! Pat slows down John from Goliath! Goliath got the machete advantage. It's raining as they all work on the puzzles. The Goliaths narrowly win the first Immunity Challenge. 

Stormy, stormy. Oh geez! Pat is down! Medics are helping him. The boat they took back to the camp slammed on a rock, injuring Pat's back. He's gasping through an oxygen mask telling Jeff they can't pull him. The medics are concerned about spinal damage/fracture.

The medics, rightfully, decide to pull him from the game to get him to a hospital. Poor Pat. He was the impetus for the show theme this season. Plus, he's from my childhood stomping grounds. Horrible. I hope it wasn't fractured. I know back issues! 

No tribal council tonight as they lost a member. They get a flint anyway. 

A blurb at the end of the show says he's recovered fully.

150 comments:

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and everyone who follows.

Petals said...

~*~*~*~ SPLASH ~*~*~*~

Hi everyone!!!!

SueGee said...

Howdy everyone!! I'm ready for the long haul tonight - just when the blogging stops the TV starts here!! I hope you are feeling good tonight Jackie!!

Squeegee from the LeftCoast

Jenna G said...

I'm here, but at taco bell...getting tacos for EVERYONE! I will join you all shortly as soon as I get home! Big Night!!

Petals said...

I like the robot guy - he has that nose I like. Hehehe

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Petals SueGee and Jenna. In the other thread I posted info on the Wrestler. I will recopy it here.

Petals said...

The Goliath chicks are kinda...*ricks

Petals said...

Jenna - YUM! I didn't have lunch!
thank you!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie and Vincent. Thank you for giving us a place to talk.

Hi Petals, Jenna, SueGee and Glenn.

jennifer said...

Hi Jackie, Glenn, SueGee, Petals and Jenna and of course all who follow!!
Take me to Fuji.... splash!

Glenn Allen said...

The Pro Wrestler use to Wrestle in the WWE under the ring names of John Morrison and Johnny Nitro. He won WWE's ECW Championship, three Intercontinental Titles and four WWE and World Tag Team Championships. He left the WWE in 3011. I am a big Wrestling Fan from the 1970's. I mainly watched the NWA and WCW but have followed the WWE. He was very athletic and was a high flyer. He should be good climbing trees etc.

Petals said...

from the last thread, need to share with you:


Jackie - As always, your blog is amazing and is the best part of the season. Spending time with all of you is like home for me. {an aside: I'm moving from my home in to an apartment. *sigh* But it's set me back financially & emotionally, so I do apologize for not being able to contribute more to this amazing blog. #nextchapter}

Everyone - Thank you for being my blog family {{{you guys}}}

In other news: Brett & I are eloping after the finale party! hahahaha ROLLL TIDE!

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Penny. I have Natalia the Engineer. I have the Goliath tribe.

SueGee said...

All this talk of food is making me hungry...

Petals said...

Angelina is meeeeeeean. BuhBye

Nickelpeed said...

Goliath is laughing. They better watch out. It will come back to bite them. Too confident.

Petals said...

Love Nick! ♥

SueGee said...

Very interesting Glenn You and I are still in the BB pool with Tyler right?

tbc said...

Hi all! I’ve got a David!! So excited.

Can wait for this season

jennifer said...

I have lots of wedding supplies if you need them!

Nickelpeed said...

I have the Goliath tribe, too, Glenn. I really do not like some of their attitudes.

Nickelpeed said...

Jennifer, how did the wedding go?

Petals said...

LOL 'nifer!

jennifer said...

The first guy to talk on David.... reminds me of a much smarter Jethro Bodine!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi tbc

Nickelpeed said...

My pool guy is John. Hopefully, he's not too arrogant.

tbc said...

Hi, Penny!!

Petals said...

That's my chick - Lyrsa! I figured she'd be first to go.

jennifer said...

It was perfect! No kinks and now I’m broke and it’s over.... now the next wedding is in June 2019 in Aruba!

Judi Sweeney said...

Wooooo Hoooooo. Here we go! Thanks Jackie and Laurie! Hi everyone!

Petals said...

Again - the Dream Team has put together some COOL challenges.

jennifer said...

Oh my.... the talent these people have that come up with the challenges

Nickelpeed said...

This is kind of cool.

Nickelpeed said...

I don't know how they come up with these challenges, but they are great.

jennifer said...

The crawl thru looks hard

Petals said...

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Stella for everyone!

tbc said...

So awesome!!!

Nickelpeed said...

Can't help but root for the Davids. The Goliath's are arrogant. Especially the woman.

Petals said...

that's what Goliath gets for being douchebags

Petals said...

Yes Penny!

Nickelpeed said...

LOLOLOLOL That was funny. I was worried at first. Yay David. Dang, I'd rather have the David tribe. LOLO

Petals said...

I loved Mike in The Good Girl, I gotta say

Nickelpeed said...

My gosh, this guy is sharp. But needs to not talk all the time. LOL

Petals said...

#uglyducklingsyndrome

Petals said...

Wow. Raised hands for anyone that likes anyone on the Goliath Team?

tbc said...

Ok Dan, calm down

Nickelpeed said...

I knew I recognized him. That's right, I remember him from TAR.

Petals said...

Get a room!

jennifer said...

It’s love

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jennifer. SueGee yes still in with Tyler in the Big Brother pool.

tbc said...

Please move along from these two...

Nickelpeed said...

They better stop talking and make themselves a shelter.

Petals said...

Doesn't Dr Will get a buck every time someone says "showmance"? bwhaha

Nickelpeed said...

Oh no. That's all we need is a showmance. Maybe they're showing this for a reason.

Nickelpeed said...

This guy needs to pipe it down. He really does not want to be the leader. People won't like it. And his language. Yikes.

Laurie said...

Hello from San Diego! I'll be joining the other West Coasters much later this evening, but wanted to drop in and welcome each and every one of you.
Remember, no running and no glass poolside. Safety first!

Cheryl in NC said...

Hi all!! I got a David..Happy about that!! Will be in and out a bit until bb starts.

Petals said...

Hi Laurie!! Thank you for Lifegaurding. Miss you! How are you?

Cheryl in NC said...

Yes ma'am Laurie the lifeguard...lol

Bizaro22 said...

"And don't forget your towel"! - Towelie

jennifer said...

You can’t be bossy y’all

jennifer said...

I like there is a more diverse age grouping in Survivor 🤗

Petals said...

Laurie - did you assign me to Lyrsa for fun? bwhahaa

jennifer said...

I spend my fair share of time in the beach..... but working in jeans ??! Seems a bit uncomfortable?

Petals said...

NERDMANCE

jennifer said...

Christian and Ganby.... love connection!

tbc said...

Thunderstorms heading my way... I hope we do t lose power

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Laurie!! Thank you for the pool. Not too sure about my guy, the pro-wrestler, but you do a great job every year!!!

jennifer said...

Wwe has a lot of names lol

Petals said...

oh no, Teeb. Me too!

Petals said...

WWE dude is like Hulk Hogan from ROcky III

Nickelpeed said...

Nerdmance @ Petals LOL

tbc said...

Thank you for organizing the pool!! You’re the best!!

Nickelpeed said...

There they go again. It's not just the money guys!!!

Petals said...

who does this chick think she is, Oprah?

Nickelpeed said...

He apparently does not know Survivor!!

Cheryl in NC said...

Nerdmance...lol..love it Petals

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Laurie and Cheryl. Mike in trouble for looking for an Idol and Natalie in trouble for not helping build the shelter.

Glenn Allen said...

TBC I am hoping you keep power.

Petals said...

uhoh, Nick is getting co-co-cocky.

Nickelpeed said...

He's becoming a little too confident. It's only the 2nd day.

tbc said...

Thanks. I live on a mountain and we lose it a lot 😢

Nickelpeed said...

I agree. More Women need to find idols. Go girls! Except it's the Goliath tribe. LOL

tbc said...

Mike won’t be he one to find it....

Petals said...

Penny - LOL! right? #goliathsux

Nickelpeed said...

Do they even have a shelter?

tbc said...

Oh crap, of all people to find it...

Nickelpeed said...

Wow. Never knew he found it! And, he tells people. Really good.....not.

Glenn Allen said...

Dan finds the Idol and Natalia my pool pick and Cara are let in on the secret. I guess they have formed an Alliance.

Petals said...

awww...octopus are so smart & beautiful. I hate when they eat pretty things. (yes, chickens are pretty!)

jennifer said...

A Blurd... lololol

Nickelpeed said...

Poor octopus. They can be really tough if not cooked right. I wonder who's catching fish on Goliath?

Nickelpeed said...

Blurd, what a great new word!!!

Jenna G said...

Ok I'm back. Got to do this until baseball is over on Wednesday's...got aimed catching up to do!

jennifer said...

I miss this se days of running kids to sports... soccer and gymnastics for me!

Petals said...

WB Jenna!
Where does your kid play?

Nickelpeed said...

These commercials get longer and longer.

tbc said...

As much as I like Survivor, I’m impatient to see Big Brother!!

Nickelpeed said...

I do love rain, as long as it's not cold out. But, I'd be so miserable if it rains all the time. The cowgirl is lucky to have the hat.

SueGee said...

I was just thinking the same thing tbc Wishing BB had been first tonight. I like one thing to finish before starting the next

Glenn Allen said...

Angela from Big Brother would do great in the pole vaulting part of the challenge. Let's go Goliath.

Nickelpeed said...

Same here, tbc. I want to see who wins.

Nickelpeed said...

Oh no.

Petals said...

c'MON DAVIDS

Nickelpeed said...

Wow, a large sudoku

Jenna G said...

He plays at Black Bob park and Prairie Center. Way out here K7 & K10 area where we live.. lol almost KU!

tbc said...

Damn

Nickelpeed said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nickelpeed said...

Crap. Now to see who is voted off.

Glenn Allen said...

My Goliath tribe is safe and Flint for Fire.

Petals said...

MOONVES!!!!

Nickelpeed said...

Mine is safe for now, too, Glenn

Petals said...

You're way over there, Jenna (West). Cool!

Glenn Allen said...

I agree TBC and SueGee I wish Big Brother was first. RHAP said they will do Big Brother recap tonight and do their Survivor recap tomorrow. They said a finale takes precedence over a premier.

~~Silk said...

Regarding the comment that octopus is tough if not cooked right - not a problem. They didn't have fire yet.

Petals said...

lol, Silk. So they had "squooshie"

Ed in Ohio said...

Hi everyone!

Just got home in time for the immunity challenge. I'm in the Goliath tribe so I guess I'm safe this week. History says David slayed Goliath..... will history repeat itself??

Sure showing a lot of commercials!

Glenn Allen said...

Penny at least you got an Athlete for a pool pick. I like I got the Engineer and She looks like she is with the cop and Cara in an alliance knowing about the Idol. I wonder who gets booted from David. It could be Nick the Lawyer who stood out for not helping with the shelter.

Petals said...

oh no!

Nickelpeed said...

WHAT???

Glenn Allen said...

What happened to Pat?

Cheryl in NC said...

What happened?

Nickelpeed said...

This is not good. Wow.

Ed in Ohio said...

Seems like somebody gets hurt every season

Petals said...

Bye Pat - you were awesome!

tbc said...

OMG this poor guy

Nickelpeed said...

The boat his a rogue wave and it caused Pat to be flung back. Everyone heard a loud crack.

Jenna G said...

Oh No! Not his back!! Oh no....this is REAL bad!😭

Nickelpeed said...

ooops hit a rogue wave.

Jackie S. said...

Jeff said pre-season that Pat was the impetus to the whole theme of David and Goliath. Plus, Pat's from my childhood stomping grounds. I hope he's okay.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Ed. I pray he did not break his back. This is a shame. Pat was the guy they got the idea for in having David Vs Goliath. I hope if he is pulled he gets to come back another season.

Petals said...

If any "serious" injury had happened, ie paralysis, it would have trickled-out of the spoiler media by now.

Ed in Ohio said...

What's with all the commercials? Ca-ching $$

Petals said...

Pat is high now, he's not thinking clearly

tbc said...

What a shame

Nickelpeed said...

This is the pits for him. He's in a lot of pain.

Ed, I said the same thing. So many commercials.

Petals said...

SAD.

Nickelpeed said...

How sad to go out this way. Poor guy.

Jenna G said...

Oh gosh, I feel so bad for him. He is clearly in so much pain.

Petals said...

Pat = The Gipper

Petals said...

but... in 5 minutes...

Nickelpeed said...

1st episode...not what I expected.

Will see you all next week for Survivor. Thank you Jackie.

Now on to BB!!

Marlo L said...

Boy I got booted from the pool fast. Poor guy back pain is no joke.

Cheryl in NC said...

See y'all at the bb pool

SueGee said...

Time for quick bathroom break!! See everyone in the next comment section!

Jackie S. said...

The BB finale post is up.

Ed in Ohio said...

Jackie I'm sure you can not only relate to Pat's hometown but now also his back injury

jennifer said...

I’m 10 minutes from there! We should meet for a drink!

Rockwrites said...


I want to know why everyone comes in the most impractical clothes. At this point you think that’s enough survivors to know if you’re going to end up in those clothes for 30 days. Why not wear the most versatile weather resistant stuff and layer up?

Rockwrites said...


I want to know why everyone comes in the most impractical clothes. At this point you think that’s enough survivors to know if you’re going to end up in those clothes for 30 days. Why not wear the most versatile weather resistant stuff and layer up?